Page 12 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I just think as old as Namor is he probably has had a few encounters with various BPs. I think it might be fun to have a young Namor being taught a lesson in the duties of a King by an older Black Panther through some sort of team up. I don't think he should be made to look foolish or anything just younger and even more hotheaded. Maybe have the story set sometime in between him attacking New York and teaming up with the Invaders.
    Well Namor already met T'chaka once. It was in a flashback during a conversation Namor was having with BP, in Hudlin's run. Where T'chaka kept sapping Namor's strength with that powder, until he cooled down enough to talk.

Fantastic Member

I just think as old as Namor is he probably has had a few encounters with various BPs. I think it might be fun to have a young Namor being taught a lesson in the duties of a King by an older Black Panther through some sort of team up. I don't think he should be made to look foolish or anything just younger and even more hotheaded. Maybe have the story set sometime in between him attacking New York and teaming up with the Invaders.
    If you're going by Golden Age rules, there was the time when Namor was fighting the Torch that he flooded all of Africa. It was OK though, because Ka-Zar saved all the animals by having them go on a mountain.

I kid you not, that happened. Pretty sure it doesn't count as canon today.

BANNED

Yes I am pretty sure that does not count as well.

Mighty Member

Wakanda and Atlantis have millennia long histories so it is very possible they have come into contact before. A Namor/T'Challa mini could explore some of their kingdoms history together. If not for AvX I think a Namor T'Challa ongoing would be great. Both their personalities and power sets compliment one another. And while T'Challa will always be number one with me, Namor is in my top ten, if not top 5.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Wakanda and Atlantis have millennia long histories so it is very possible they have come into contact before. A Namor/T'Challa mini could explore some of their kingdoms history together. If not for AvX I think a Namor T'Challa ongoing would be great. Both their personalities and power sets compliment one another. And while T'Challa will always be number one with me, Namor is in my top ten, if not top 5.
    I'd like to see that explored in a Tales of... style series. I think it'd be cool to see the various Marvel kingdoms interact, as well as the realms like K'un-L'un since Iron Fist and Black Panther are legacy titles that are passed down.

How would you guys feel about a Black Panther/Namor team up similar to Flags of Our Fathers? Azzari the Wise and Namor.
    I'd prefer a mini about Bahenga founding Wakanda & rest of the tribes/cults history aswell..

Or a mini that shows more T'Chaka as start at being BP & King, along an ageing Azzari the wise, Nanali & N'Gassi reacting to his rule.. Also could show what a younger S'yan, Zuri were up 2 & show T'Chaka dating/marrying N'Yami..

BANNED

How would you guys feel about a Black Panther/Namor team up similar to Flags of Our Fathers? Azzari the Wise and Namor.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I would be more interested if it was T'challa.
    Me too. T'challa and Namor. Perhaps dealing with a threat that forces peace...and repairs their strained relationship. But we will see what happens after Original Sins/

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I'd prefer a mini about Bahenga founding Wakanda & rest of the tribes/cults history aswell..

Or a mini that shows more T'Chaka as start at being BP & King, along an ageing Azzari the wise, Nanali & N'Gassi reacting to his rule.. Also could show what a younger S'yan, Zuri were up 2 & show T'Chaka dating/marrying N'Yami..
    I really wish BP had an ongoing so that they could do a few Untold tales of Wakanda every now and again. I loved the way Fraction built on the Iron Fist legacy with that kind of stuff.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    If you're going by Golden Age rules, there was the time when Namor was fighting the Torch that he flooded all of Africa. It was OK though, because Ka-Zar saved all the animals by having them go on a mountain.

I kid you not, that happened. Pretty sure it doesn't count as canon today.
    They didn't save any humans..because the Wakandans probably used helicarriers/city ships to get the rest of the people off the continent.

In exchange they vowed to have an understanding..and never mentioned the location of Wakanda.

BANNED

I really wish BP had an ongoing so that they could do a few Untold tales of Wakanda every now and again. I loved the way Fraction built on the Iron Fist legacy with that kind of stuff.
    There really is no logical reason why a Black Panther ongoing monthly book shouldn't exist at this point.

I agree. Who would you like to write/draw it?

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Hickman would do well. I think it's because despite the problems with NA he will commit to delivering a complete an comprehensive story. I think Deo would do the job masterfully. Even Epting, mike Choi. Perkins? I know there is someone Im leaving out here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I'd like to see that explored in a Tales of... style series. I think it'd be cool to see the various Marvel kingdoms interact, as well as the realms like K'un-L'un since Iron Fist and Black Panther are legacy titles that are passed down.
    I would love that, heck with how hold both titles are I wanna see if theres ever been a Black Panther to hold the title Iron Fist, since well despite being overkill it would be awesome. If it did happen I know I'd just be waiting for T'challa to call on that Panthers abilities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadicman View Post
    I would love that, heck with how hold both titles are I wanna see if theres ever been a Black Panther to hold the title Iron Fist, since well despite being overkill it would be awesome. If it did happen I know I'd just be waiting for T'challa to call on that Panthers abilities.
    I'd very much prefer it if the Black Panther not have any ancient intermingling with the Iron Fist.

Let's just keep things straightforward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I agree. Who would you like to write/draw it?
    I think Jonathan Hickman would be a definite candidate but I'd also be partial to Al Ewing who's definitely proven that he gets characterization right. The fact that he respects continuity is really essential for a character like T'Challa who's been disrespected by a number of other writers.