Page 15 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can someone post the scan of T'challa slapping Stark in AvX so I can crop it and make it my avatar again.

Too lazy to dig up the scan on the computer... who knows where I put it.

Comics

I think T'challa should be written better. I truly believe a character is only as good as the writer makes him to be. You see how writers have the utmost respect for Steve to feel writing him as a noble leader, and the one who saves the day? Why can't they write BP like that? He needs to be there standing at the end. Leading troops with his intelligence and bravery. There have been some pretty impressive feats of BP like defeating the Black Dwarf during Infinity. But we need more from BP. He needs to show up big time in this Original Sin event. Although he gets good shine time in the current New Avengers title, but It would be great to see him appear in other books as well. A Mighty Avengers feature would be great. A few shining moments in comics is all he needs, even if he doesn't have his own solo title.

Cartoons
    they should have never canceled the last Avengers cartoon. Earth's mightiest Heros for this new crap where Thor and Hulk are fighting for cookies Falcon's mom made. The cartoons is the main gateway to introduce a character to younger kids, and parents. This has nothing to do with race but it kind of does... I seen a mother post a picture her son colored of Batman, and made him black. I suggested she looks into Luke Cage, Black Panther, and Blue Marvel. She replied "I never heard of them, but I will definitely keep an eye and ear open". So with little things like that, it starts with cartoons for young children, and parents. Easy way to make a character a household name. the comic Gods know that's how I got turned on to comics. the X-men and Spider-Man cartoons in the 90's.

Movies
    I do believe T'challa is an interesting character who still needs developement, and endless potential to shine on the big screen to appeal to all races, fans, movie-goes, ages etc. It's interesting to display is unconquered kingdom. Me, personally.. I would include him in the Avengers AOU movie as an introduction. I often look around the theater during super-hero movies when they show someone/something that non-comic fans wouldn't know, and they're lost. Including BP in AOU I'm sure 70% of the theater would be lost. so just find a way to ease him in. I would definitely include BP and Strange. sheeiit, I'd even make them work together somehow. Maybe they use ******ium to crack Ultron's armor of some sort. Or have BP do it. A reason why the Avengers turn to T'Challa and his African kingdom for help. Have Nick fury know who he is, or maybe Iron Man, maybe even Steve or Bruce. I wouldn't even mind if Black Widow is the one who knows of him. Maybe she was on a mission, and couldn't finish the mission because she was shout out from Wakada.

But pushing T'Challa/Black Panther is as easy as golden yellow cake with chocolate frosting. soooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I think Jonathan Hickman would be a definite candidate but I'd also be partial to Al Ewing who's definitely proven that he gets characterization right. The fact that he respects continuity is really essential for a character like T'Challa who's been disrespected by a number of other writers.
    I second this. AL gets his characters, he respects continuity, and he's building something great in mighty avengers. He could tell amazing stories with black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    E2( E Squared). Al Ewing and Steve Epting on Black Panther. I'm on that book like butter on grits.
    I second this. If Ewing wants to write the character of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Brown View Post
    Thanks you good sir.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Id get behind this in a hurry. Abnett could tackle that by himself.
    I feel dumb cuz I didn't realize that Abnett and Lanning broke up...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I feel dumb cuz I didn't realize that Abnett and Lanning broke up...
    In my mind they still haven't just like the Beatles. Still they would have made one heck of a Panther writing team.

You know what would be funny, is a casting call for black panther "FLASH MOB" have a bunch of people show up with casting call sheets and script and at a location as if it was as big MARVEL secret. Also have casting calls at Disney land and other locations. Everyone would be in on it so not to dishearten any one. But it would show that there is an interest in the character. Also leak it to the press so that it is televised and have people ask why its NOT happening. Think of it. Parkour, kung fu, cosplay and the like. It would be Great.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hi there Fam!!!! I just want to say glad to see everyone back and missed you all!!!

Hey BK, glad you made the trip over.

Mighty Member

I would love to have this statue. I also thought that the Spear of Bashenga should be one of the unique weapons in the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

It really should have some mystical properties quite frankly.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hey BK, glad you made the trip over.
    Thnks Marvell!! Its good to be back

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    It really should have some mystical properties quite frankly.

I agree!
    Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I agree!
    Like what?
    I'd like to see alchemy