Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    She's like the ONLY one i can see.
    Honestly the only I way I would consider someone else playing that role it comes out that Lupita rejects it or the casting team outright went with someone else.

I would very surprised if she isn't at least offered the role. It's probably the easiest role to cast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    How's that working out for you?

Seeing as you completely misread Fiege's and Marvel's intentions utterly.

How could I have possibly "misread" Feige and co when they made it very clear (once they caught "the need to diversify their Movieverse" bug) that a fully realised Wakanda would be part and parcel of the Black Panther movie?

You're the one who's always downplaying Wakanda's importance within the BP mythos oftentimes referring to Wakandan citizenry as faceless cannon fodder, so hows that misreading working out for you?

Marvel's need to have a credible Black Panther was as a direct response to DC/Warners announcement of a much more divers lineup of movies (featuring Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman) scheduled to be released over a period of time.

Whether any of those movies actually happens is irrelevant but it would be somewhat naive to believe that DC/Warners move didn't influence Marvel in anyway.

Afterall, prior to this announcement, Marvel were more than happy to keep pushing movies like the Avengers with zero ethnic diversity even going as far as to claim that it would be "impossible" to bring a fully realised Wakanda to the big screen.

I wonder why that was?

As for me im going enjoy the merch that i correctly predicted the existence of.
    Good for you.

I was never one for spending money on action figurines and related merchandise, but as that's you're thing, I'm genuinely happy you'll have some BP related toys to play with.

What about Dania Gurria?

Why does everybody sleep on her?

When she isn't deglammed as Michonne she is really fine.
    I don't watch the Walking Dead, so Danai Gurira wasn't even on my radar. I'd be up for her as either the love interest or a Dora Milaje.

BANNED

Who would PLAY QDJ??
    Willow Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I truly love how far we range on who we love and hate in the BP books. Hell, we are not even on a consensus on the main character here

Speaking of that, I was recently looking back at the posts from 1-2 years back. It's a very good thing the movie announcement came out when it did. We were all pretty close to going at each other.

The Coates run will most definitely spark new debates. But as along as the movie portrayals are on point, we'll be fine.

More pressure on the movies I guess lol.

Who would PLAY QDJ??
    Keke Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Kudos to Realdealholy for keeping this dream alive.

Thanks Maj. I remain hopeful.

An aftereffect of BP showings in the trailer: more and more people are finding out that T'Challa and Storm were married. First question folks usually ask is will she be in the BP movie or BP sequel. Of course they eventually learn that as of now, that won't be happening, to their disappointment.

Really hope the licensing issues between the studios is resolved someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Keke Palmer
    She would be perfect for that role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Speaking of that, I was recently looking back at the posts from 1-2 years back. It's a very good thing the movie announcement came out when it did. We were all pretty close to going at each other.
    Pretty close?

This is one of the few threads were some find it cool to gang up against anyone with alternative viewpoints. (regardless of how well articulated they may be.)

The movie announcement is highly unlikely to have an impact on this paradigm moving forward.

The Coates run will most definitely spark new debates. But as along as the movie portrayals are on point, we'll be fine.

More pressure on the movies I guess lol.
    Coates run will just be like every other run that preceded it.

Heavily debated.

Pretty close?

This is one of the few threads were some find it cool to gang up against anyone with alternative viewpoints. (regardless of how well articulated they may be.)

The movie announcement is highly unlikely to have an impact on this paradigm moving forward.
    LOL, ok by this thread's standards, yea it was pretty close imho. The fracture, though subtle, was becoming more and more evident. The movie announce, though it may not have changed people's minds on various issues, almost served as a "cease fire" more or less.

Coates run will just be like every other run that preceded it.

Heavily debated.
    Damn right it will. From April onward, this thread will be constantly active.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-15-2016 at 06:36 PM.

BANNED

Thanks Maj. I remain hopeful.
    Dont mention it my Brotha.

I remain hopeful as well.

An aftereffect of BP showings in the trailer: more and more people are finding out that T'Challa and Storm were married. First question folks usually ask is will she be in the BP movie or BP sequel. Of course they eventually learn that as of now, that won't be happening, to their disappointment.
    Well, it's been proven time and time again, that the general moviegoing public tend to be a lot more openminded to things than a lot of harcore comicbook fans, so it come as no suprise to me that these folks would be more accepting of T'Challa and Ororo doing their regal superheroic thing on the big screen.

Really hope the licensing issues between the studios is resolved someday.
    The licencing issues that govern what goes on in the movies have ZERO impact on what goes on in the books.

T'Challa and Ororo live in the same ANAD MU so nothing stops them getting back together.

I'd be interested in seeing how Coates would write Ororo.

Maybe we'll get to see that one day.

Mighty Member

Whether or not I agree with anyone here on who, what, where, or why if who the Black Panther is, can we all agree the kids who get to play with BP toys and dress up in a costume and pop the popcorn to watch T'Challa on DVD are the real winners. They are the future of BP in whatever medium. And some of their fantasies of who, ehat, where, when, and why of who BP is will be shared with the world and debated on forums of a different nature. Ain't it great?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

I knoooow we aren't acting like Merchandise is a bad thing now are we?

Buy buy buy! Anything with T'challa's face on it.

How could I have possibly "misread" Feige and co when they made it very clear (once they caught "the need to diversify their Movieverse" bug) that a fully realised Wakanda would be part and parcel of the Black Panther movie?

You're the one who's always downplaying Wakanda's importance within the BP mythos oftentimes referring to Wakandan citizenry as faceless cannon fodder, so hows that misreading working out for you?

Marvel's need to have a credible Black Panther was as a direct response to DC/Warners announcement of a much more divers lineup of movies (featuring Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman) scheduled to be released over a period of time.

Whether any of those movies actually happens is irrelevant but it would be somewhat naive to believe that DC/Warners move didn't influence Marvel in anyway.

Afterall, prior to this announcement, Marvel were more than happy to keep pushing movies like the Avengers with zero ethnic diversity even going as far as to claim that it would be "impossible" to bring a fully realised Wakanda to the big screen.

I wonder why that was?

Good for you.

I was never one for spending money on action figurines and related merchandise, but as that's you're thing, I'm genuinely happy you'll have some BP related toys to play with.
    Very tru, Marvel and DC are in constant competition..

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'd rather have QDJ.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Keke Palmer
    My brother, great minds think alike.. she always my 1st pic for that role, with as my 2nd Teyonah Parris

Priest's Captain America and the Falcon complete collection comes out tomorrow. I realize it's not BP related, but I figured we've got a good number of Priest fans.