Page 151 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    A lifeless rock. I honestly never understood all the angsting about that.
    Probably because it was the first line they crossed (using the actual bomb and seeing how it actually worked).
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Probably because it was the first line they crossed (using the actual bomb and seeing how it actually worked).
    Yes, that is the only way I can explain it. "Look, it actually works." Going from the purely theoretical to the actual practical application of the device.

This is a pretty good story for T'Challa. In many ways he is the sounding board for the moral conflict within the group.

And oh the irony! T'Chaka wanted him to kill Namor, and T'Challa refused saying Namor had a part to play in the future of Wakanda. And now he is proved right, and wishes he was wrong and had killed him as his father wanted.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Its like when they did the atom bomb test. Its one thing to know how something should work, its another thing to use it and actually see the end effect

Yes, that is the only way I can explain it. "Look, it actually works." Going from the purely theoretical to the actual practical application of the device.

This is a pretty good story for T'Challa. In many ways he is the sounding board for the moral conflict within the group.

And oh the irony! T'Chaka wanted him to kill Namor, and T'Challa refused saying Namor had a part to play in the future of Wakanda. And now he is proved right, and wishes he was wrong and had killed him as his father wanted.
    Yes, I think the whole "mercy" thing is going to really play a huge role with how T'challa is changed in the future. T'chaka was right about that, but wrong about blowing up Planets. Note, T'challa is still their King. T'chaka doesn't get to make that Decision. Bast tasked him with Salvation and there would be no salvation if he pulled that trigger.

Namor pulling the trigger might work for him as a character and open up some good stories. Imho, that doesn't work for T'challa.

BANNED

Yes, I think the whole "mercy" thing is going to really play a huge role with how T'challa is changed in the future. T'chaka was right about that, but wrong about blowing up Planets. Note, T'challa is still their King. T'chaka doesn't get to make that Decision. Bast tasked him with Salvation and there would be no salvation if he pulled that trigger.

Namor pulling the trigger might work for him as a character and open up some good stories. Imho, that doesn't work for T'challa.
    You're right.

Nothing ever works for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    You're right.

Nothing ever works for T'Challa.
    I think this will though. If he is the one who beats the no-win scenario, like Capt. Kirk. Everything points to him doing it. It's just Hickman writing it. If Hickman doesn't allow T'challa to do that--then all of this is a fail, imho. It all banks on T'challa doing that. Reed isn't, and Tony as superior doesn't make sense. Banner and Mckoy maybe, but I think it's going to be T'challa.

This would be a Reed/Doom level feat, on par with ANYTHING they have ever done and probably surpassing it. Since they didn't figure it out.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 08-02-2014 at 06:43 AM.

BANNED

I think this will though. If he is the one who beats the no-win scenario, like Capt. Kirk. Everything points to him doing it. It's just Hickman writing it. If Hickman doesn't allow T'challa to do that--then all of this is a fail, imho. It all banks on T'challa doing that. Reed isn't, and Tony as superior doesn't make sense. Banner and Mckoy maybe, but I think it's going to be T'challa.

This would be a Reed/Doom level feat, on par with ANYTHING they have ever done and probably surpassing it. Since they didn't figure it out.
    Let's hope Hickman doesn't pull a "Maberry" then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Let's hope Hickman doesn't pull a "Maberry" then.
    If he pulls a "Maberry" then this would be a epic fail. The only way it works, is if T'challa beats the no-win. I personally think Namor has a death flag, blowing hard in the wind. They are going to fight and the others will stop it, but I'm guessing next issue Namor either helps the cabal escape or T'challa finds out and T'chaka's words about Mercy is going to hit even harder.

I'm beating that they will steal all the planet killers too. The roster of the Illuminati looks weak compared to the cabal imho.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

T'Challa is a warrior king super genius...all of his choices will be complicated...it is the nature of the beast

PS- it was a darn good film
    Last edited by LastManStanding; 08-02-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Spectacular Member

Just want to say in the latest issue of New Avengers T'Challa proves that not only is he The Black Panther, but indeed that he is the ONLY Black Panther worthy of the title.
    Is that why all the Black Panthers from the beginning of time disowned him? the lives of his sister and step mother not to mention the lives of his whole extended family were going to end if he didn't activate that device and turned away from that and cried.

It was not a bad comic or a badly written comic but the story ended up being far more powerful than Hickman probably intended. It will probably take a while for T'challa to move on from this as a character.

I'm beating that they will steal all the planet killers too. The roster of the Illuminati looks weak compared to the cabal imho.
    Thanos alone would single handedly manhandle the Illuminati unless Strange goes psycho again (which seemed like somethign he could only do once).

Thanos was handling Hulk and Thor WITH EASE before Ebony Maw turned on him. He not only survived multiple Black Bolt screams to the face, but walked through them and beat the living shit out of him.

A team of useless in a fight Reed, Stark with no working suit, Beast, T'challa, BB, Strange, and Hulk is going to get slaughtered. My only wander is how the Illuminati get out of there alive to be honest. Does the Inhuman Dog teleport them away or what?

Thanos, Proxima, Corvus, Terrax, Namor, Swan, and Maximus. The only thing saving the Illuminati will be mercy or PIS.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Is that why all the Black Panthers from the beginning of time disowned him? the lives of his sister and step mother not to mention the lives of his whole extended family were going to end if he didn't activate that device and turned away from that and cried.

It was not a bad comic or a badly written comic but the story ended up being far more powerful than Hickman probably intended. It will probably take a while for T'challa to move on from this as a character.
    Move on from what exactly?

He refused to murder billions he has nothing to move on from if he did it that's when he would have something to actually move on from.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thanos alone would single handedly manhandle the Illuminati unless Strange goes psycho again (which seemed like somethign he could only do once).

Thanos was handling Hulk and Thor WITH EASE before Ebony Maw turned on him. He not only survived multiple Black Bolt screams to the face, but walked through them and beat the living shit out of him.

A team of useless in a fight Reed, Stark with no working suit, Beast, T'challa, BB, Strange, and Hulk is going to get slaughtered. My only wander is how the Illuminati get out of there alive to be honest. Does the Inhuman Dog teleport them away or what?

Thanos, Proxima, Corvus, Terrax, Namor, Swan, and Maximus. The only thing saving the Illuminati will be mercy or PIS.
    It would literally take Hickman's Avengers' line-up plus the Mighty Avengers to beat the Cabal.

The Illuminati's gonna have to port, and I hate to say it, but unless they just stick to Necropolis, Wakanda is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

T'challa beat Swan, he can beat Namor and I'm sure he could also take on both Proxima and Corvus. Same with Black Bolt. The Hulk lost, but that doesn't mean he would lose again. Captain Britain can also take on most. Maximus TP will not work on T'challa.

Thanos is the real problem. They have no answer. Sun God could have been the answer. If that explosion was anything like Dark Knight returns, with Superman sucking up energy. He might not have perished.