Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really that's using a lot of Wakandan man power and resources to go out in space and pick a fight with Thanos. I'm not sure that's the smart thing to do. I you serstsndable T'Challa might want revenge but that's placing Wakanda and earth in danger to get it. Thanos flat out destroyed Wakanda last time. I think you probably want a better reason than simple revenge. I think that would just be another example of T'Challa putting his own personal agenda ahead of Wakanda safety.
    Not just T'challa, but Wakanda and so what. In your head Thanso can't lose, I would have T'challa and Wakanda systematicly destroy the Black Order, who destroyed the Golden city and killed/took out their Queen. This is a comic book, there is no reason they could not do what I'm saying. Instead of this BS, which is also a agenda by people in Wakanda. . Can't have it both ways Xpac. You can't have it where people attack your nation and you do nothing. That's nonsense.

Esstintially, Wakandan Special Forces in a gorilla war against his space army. That's heroic, they are out there making sure he doesn't do it again.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Yes, TNC could have went a different way. New Fans who watch C:CW will not see the dude that is running around kicking ass, they will get this mess. It will be a missed opportunity. Again, why not have T'challa and Wakanda go after the people who KILLED their QUEEN? Why not have the same mid night angels, say screw that, we are going after the Black Order?

This story is a 80's rehash. Smh
    Frankly, that sound like a better Ultimates story than a Black Panther story.

Since the only way T'Challa and his retainers beat a Avengers busting team by themselves is if you job out the Black Order.

It took an Avengers team with Spectrum and Cage on it to even slow down Proxima by herself, let alone the rest of the Black Order.

Let alone Thanos, a dude who singlehandedly beats up Thor every time he sees him.

And on a meta level, I'm not certain that the new readers of Black Panther, African Monarch as Superhero would be looking for an outer space tale.

Where the characters are seeking revenge for something that happened in a comic that the new readers may not have read on behalf of a
    character the new readers may never have heard of.

Not just T'challa, but Wakanda and so what. In your head Thanso can't lose, I would have T'challa and Wakanda systematicly destroy the Black Order, who destroyed the Golden city and killed/took out their Queen. This is a comic book, there is no reason they could not do what I'm saying. Instead of this BS, which is also a agenda by people in Wakanda. . Can't have it both ways Xpac. You can't have it where people attack your nation and you do nothing. That's nonsense
    Esstintially, Wakandan Special Forces in a gorilla war against his space army. That's heroic, they are out there making sure he doesn't do it again.
    Me believing that Thanos would beat Wakanda isn't just something in my head... it just happened. Wakanda was completely destroyed. Is revenge against Thanos really worth that risk? I would argue no.

If Thanos shows up on earth I'd certainly like to see T'Challa assist in the effort to stop him. Probably with the Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Frankly, that sound like a better Ultimates story than a Black Panther story.

Since the only way T'Challa and his retainers beat a Avengers busting team by themselves is if you job out the Black Order.

It took an Avengers team with Spectrum and Cage on it to even slow down Proxima by herself, let alone the rest of the Black Order.

Let alone Thanos, a dude who singlehandedly beats up Thor every time he sees him.

And on a meta level, I'm not certain that the new readers of Black Panther, African Monarch as Superhero would be looking for an outer space tale.

Where the characters are seeking revenge for something that happened in a comic that the new readers may not have read on behalf of a
    character the new readers may never have heard of.
    Yeah this does,sound like something more down Ewing's ally than Ciates. And given we saw Thanos in Ultimates presumably that's where this is headed.

Not just T'challa, but Wakanda and so what. In your head Thanso can't lose, I would have T'challa and Wakanda systematicly destroy the Black Order, who destroyed the Golden city and killed/took out their Queen. This is a comic book, there is no reason they could not do what I'm saying. Instead of this BS, which is also a agenda by people in Wakanda. . Can't have it both ways Xpac. You can't have it where people attack your nation and you do nothing. That's nonsense.

How would you have him do that realistically? He was able to Repel Black Dwarf which is a pretty good feat, but how do you expect him to defeat more then one? How would you have him defeat the black order in a way that could be him systematically winning without jobbing? Honest question

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How would you have him do that realistically? He was able to Repel Black Dwarf which is a pretty good feat, but how do you expect him to defeat more then one? How would you have him defeat the black order in a way that could be him systematically winning without jobbing? Honest question
    They would need a plot device. T'Challa is outmatched personally and even in terms of tech. Maybe use the frogs or something.

Please note that Thanos is already listed as the villain of record for issues #7 and #8 of Ultimates.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57261/ultimates_2015_7
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57261/ultimates_2015_8

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    You're not raining on anybody's parade.

You, myself, and others have some concerns about this book moving forward, and we're allowed to voice those concerns. Mostly everyone has acknowledge that only one issue has come out so far so we don't know what will happen moving forward.

Nobody that's in here and has concerns is telling anyone not to read to the book, chastising others or enjoying the book, or making up lies about what happened in the book. He'll most of us have outright said it was a well written issue.

People are allowed to voice concerns that they have for the character moving forward.

Again, all some of us are saying is that we're tired of a particular story direction and after everything we've seen over the past few years we don't trust that T'Challa is going to come out the other end looking good.
    Dissenting opinions keeps things honest. There's nothing wrong with them. And most of them have been very reasonable.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 04-11-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Please note that Thanos is already listed as the villain of record for issues #7 and #8 of Ultimates.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57261/ultimates_2015_7
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57261/ultimates_2015_8
    Judging from the cover (which as we all know aren't always accuray) it looks like Thanos takes down the Ultimates amd MAC is gonna throw down with him. That'll be interesting as far as seeing what she can do.

If any single team can handle Thanos it's the Ultimates ... though even they on paper might be outmatched if he's got the Black Order with him. Thanos having back up makes a big difference since the Avengers often need to dog pile him to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Me believing that Thanos would beat Wakanda isn't just something in my head... it just happened. Wakanda was completely destroyed. Is revenge against Thanos really worth that risk? I would argue no.
    Do you understand that this is Fiction? You are placing your own personal views of limitations on what they can do. Yes it's something in your head. A writer could easily write whatever they want. It isn't real. But oh, there is no way that T'challa could make a plan to get pay back right? Smh.

And no Vega, they are not solving a problem and talking. All the stuff you mentioned is a excuse. There is no reason powered characters and new technology could not be used to level the playing field. But whatever you guys can make excuses for the same story we have seen in pretty much every single Panther run. With Panther beating up his own people or making them look like savages.

Panther's Rage
    Panther's Quest
    Panther's Prey
    Seduction of the innocent (Rogue DM)
    Gorilla Warfare
    Back to Africa
    Deadliest Of the Species/Power/Doomwar
    Etc....
    How much more of the same story or a variation of it?

Again, no one said anything about killing Thanos. That you guys lame excuse. Yes they could take down the Black Order systemically destroying it.

Anything would be better the to read about sex trade/Wakanda revolt it's T'challa fault BS again.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 04-11-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That is the work of a poorly crafted ending to a 4 year long event. They don't know where they are at, details are muddied, etc. First they say that T'Challa Reset everything back to NA but the incursions never happened. Then Brevoort said that all the incursions happened except the final one that destroyed 616 thanks to Reed and family's sacrifice (which is a direct contradiction to what Hickman wrote in his story) so in the end, if they couldn't even tell us what gem T'Challa used, i dont think we can expect them to know more complicated issues about the intricacies of the reset. So what im going with is Reed stole god Dooms power and restored his face and is creating new multiverses with his family, and T'challa used the time/reality gem to restore 616 and bring back almost everyone, and he is king because Shuri gave him the crown before she died. Reed brings back the multiverses, T'Challa brought back Earth. Some people know more then others, some choose to forget, a small number remember exactly what occurred
    That works. I keep it real simple:

-Everything in NA / TRO / SW happened.

-Reed and T'Challa bring everything back to the time of NA #1.

-Everyone and everything is back. Everyone remembers what happened to them till their death.

Now, the Shuri thing kinda throws a wrench in the last part of the theory (everyone coming back) and the Thanos thing is just confusing...but I guess that's the "comics" part of things. At least both of them are not "dead", so it still kinda works somehow.

Do you understand that this is Fiction? You are placing your own personal views of limitations on what they can do. Yes it's something in your head. A writer could easily write whatever they want. It isn't real. But oh, there is no way that T'challa could make a plan to get pay back right? Smh.

And no Vega, they are not solving a problem and talking. All the stuff you mentioned is a excuse. There is no reason powered characters and new technology could not be used to level the playing field. But whatever you guys can make excuses for the same story we have seen in pretty much every single Panther run. With Panther beating up his own people or making them look like savages.

Panther's Rage
    Panther's Quest
    Panther's Prey
    Seduction of the innocent (Rogue DM)
    Gorilla Warfare
    Back to Africa
    Deadliest Of the Species/Power/Doomwar
    Etc....
    How much more of the same story or a variation of it?

Again, no one said anything about killing Thanos. That you guys lame excuse. Yes they could take down the Black Order systemically destroying it.

Anything would be better the to read about sex trade/Wakanda revolt it's T'challa fault BS again.
    If Thanos is showing up in Ultimates and Civil War then I think this particular conflict is covered without Coated needing to cover it too unless he wanted to tie into Civil War, which he apparently didn't.

But in the least if you want to see T'Challa vs Thanos you're getting your wish. We'll see how he and the rest of the Ultimates do pretty soon.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-11-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    That works. I keep it real simple:

-Everything in NA / TRO / SW happened.

-Reed and T'Challa bring everything back to the time of NA #1.

-Everyone and everything is back. Everyone remembers what happened to them till their death.

Now, the Shuri thing kinda throws a wrench in the last part of the theory (everyone coming back) and the Thanos thing is just confusing...but I guess that's the "comics" part of things. At least both of them are not "dead", so it still kinda works somehow.
    Between the Squadron, Thanos and Shuri I don't think we can assume time shifted back to NA 1 anymore.