Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Small excerpt from an IGN article about comic market saturation and Marvel over shipping policy.

"At some point the quality of these books becomes irrelevant. There's simply too much content to wade through, and too much of it feels redundant or repetitive. I very much enjoy Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther, but do the numbers on that book justify Marvel's decision to publish not one, but two different spinoffs in Black Panther: World of Wakanda and Black Panther: The Crew? Yes, Black Panther #1 sold over 250,000 copies back in April 2016, but Black Panther #11 barely cracked 35,000 last month. If the main series has experienced that steep a drop-off in less than a year, what chance do these ancillary books really have?"
    Kinda weird that they only bring up BP's sales not being enough to justify spin offs but didn't for the other books which BP sells more than.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Prior to lurking CBR, I didn't realize race was that big of a deal in comics, either on panel or on the back end.

Then I read the BP debates in CBR. I was blindsided by a lot of the comments back then.

Then I saw the comments on other black characters (both marvel and DC) and black characters being in relationships with each other by several users (comments on "The Marriage" were something else) and that pretty much confirmed a lot of things many folks were complaining about vis-a-vis how the mainstream comic book readership behaves on certain issues.

Things calmed down a lot here now, thankfully, but a lot of people were pretty much exposing themselves back then.
    Never underestimate white supremacists & white privilege my brother..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What message?

There was nothing wrong with the Wakandan Monarchy based form of government until Coates came along with his false narrative assisted agenda.

In what fictional universe is the abandonment of a system that's served a nation for ten thousand years thrown under the proverbial bus for a foreign form of governance that doesn't even work in the real world?

With all due respect, I sometimes get the impression that you just post contrary stuff that flies in the face of logic, just for shit's and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They cleaned crime in 4 major cities... 16 of them 4 to each Major city fixed the problems that the local authorities, the HZ, the mysteriously thinned Wakandan army. Or any other government official couldn't do.. Bull. Gay and Coates are trying to act as though a Monarch means that the king or queen literally handle ever single thing that happens and that there is no council or other appointed officials to see to other issues. Also for locals why didn't the banished men go to the golden city? Or any major city? Because this is a feminist agenda to shade throw on Black men? Black Women can only rely on each other and can't trust men Because they are evil or inept or don't care. I mean look at how ridiculous they had to get to even attempt to validate this story and Even then it was terribly handled
    Can't be better said...
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 03-17-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Kinda weird that they only bring up BP's sales not being enough to justify spin offs but didn't for the other books which BP sells more than.
    More to the article, this was the part about BP

More to the article, this was the part about BP
    Yeah I was speaking about the article as a whole

Hudlin's BP run is getting Complete Collections starting later this year.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    To make achebe work, he needs to be so mentally unstable that ten steps ahead tchalla cant get a bead on him

But hes useless if tchalla isnt written like priest
    Well thats where the Mephisto portion kicks in They are sharing a body (maybe even the same mind) so he is so crazy and unpredictable, that T'Challa can't be 2 steps ahead because there is no direction (or there is but with two different minds at work, one minute he is doing one thing then complete heel turns the next) Plus the Mephisto aspect gives him some power to an extent where T'challa doesn't just one shot him when it comes to throwing down. I agree though, Hudlin's Panther wouldn't work because he would just smash his face in, Liss style could Work, and i Think a Mcduffie style could work to an extent (Mcduffies Panther was essentially a Priest/Hudlin hybrid). But Basically Bp's Rogues need to make a comeback, and there are diamonds in the rough in his gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Set photos of BP in Busan South Korea

https://twitter.com/kor_celebrities/...962752/photo/1
    Edit out the pics man spoilers for some

Wait so the Invaders is a thing now? cat man and fish man hugged it out and the past is the past?

In the Black Panther the MA were not treated as "Supporting cast members who decide to stand up and fight to help T'challa" they were "Oh the system is corrupt and the government isn't doing anything for the people (We have no idea where they found out their information on the rapes or rape camps, the former was in a second t65ttttt that actually made them look worse and the latter was still never explained) because t'challa is........ busy, and Wakanda is becoming s crime ridden 3rd world country because...... resources are mysteriously thin (we never got an explaination in both books) so the MA going on a man hating "No One Man" spree. And no in most books villains don't go and start fighting crime on their own.. As the villain they are causing the trouble.. Some villains may starting fighting crime as they start making a transition from villain to anti hero and maybe eventually hero, but to act as though thats a common place is very in accurate.

Did i ever say that NO other supporting cast member can fight crime? No, Shuri fights and repels the enemies of Wakanda, Okoye and Nakie (before she turned) and Queen Divine Justice help T'challa in those runs. Same with Sofia in Liss run However, at no point do they ever eclipse T'challa as the Hero of the story. So while your trying to twist what im saying in a manner that comes off like im saying only T'Challa can fight crime. he is the title character, and he is also the government, so as such his stories for which his supporting cast is also fighting crime won't come as they are rising up because the system is corrupt. It would be more so they are apart of his system that he uses them to help regulate Wakanda.

They straight up murdered Mandla (after invading his territory) and took over the Jabari lands and committed more murder, they sided with Tetu and zenzi and stayed with them even after T'challa exposed to Wakanda and the world that Stane had been responsible for giving Tetu and co the bombs to place on the Wakandan people, turning them into suicide bombers and that Tetu was going on with murdering people. They finally left when they found out that Tetu's men were (surprise surprise) raping women and he basically said "Lol Oh well"...... they don't look like heroes to me. Unless the definition of hero has changed
    Prefect Break Down..i

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Preach Brother!!!

Those were the days when the BP thread warriors stood firm against the hoards of haters.

Alas those days are no more as the rot of Milquetoast supporting gymnastics is gradually taking root.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The old BP forum. That was straight fire. That was when the CBB was formed. The Crazy Black Brotherhood.

We had so many slugfests with Unfans, the mods were banhammering like the Thor Corps and we had some of the most well though out posts. I miss seeing our female Panther fans in here dropping posts.

The good old days..

No but seriously, before the regular scheduled program of ezyo, majestic, marvell, 4sake, etc etc droppin heat as usual... (i don't even know what the current topic of the week is)

... there's a new Invaders team?? With our favorite milquetoast afrikan and the bad aquaman? So that's 3 teams now? Ultimates, Crew, Invaders? Had to come here to confirm.

Small excerpt from an IGN article about comic market saturation and Marvel over shipping policy.

"At some point the quality of these books becomes irrelevant. There's simply too much content to wade through, and too much of it feels redundant or repetitive. I very much enjoy Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther, but do the numbers on that book justify Marvel's decision to publish not one, but two different spinoffs in Black Panther: World of Wakanda and Black Panther: The Crew? Yes, Black Panther #1 sold over 250,000 copies back in April 2016, but Black Panther #11 barely cracked 35,000 last month. If the main series has experienced that steep a drop-off in less than a year, what chance do these ancillary books really have?"
    Marvel riding the Coat tails. BP WOW and the solo itself could of sold well.. for the Solo if the pacing sped up and it ended at issue 8 rather then Drag to 11 and have very slow pacing. I mean up till issue 8 it was around 50k+ so if there was a faster pacing and the action and scale of battle matched(as well as not sh*tting all over t'Challa), then i feel like it could of settled around 40-45k range if not stayed in the 50k range

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    No but seriously, before the regular scheduled program of ezyo, majestic, marvell, 4sake, etc etc droppin heat as usual... (i don't even know what the current topic of the week is)

... there's a new Invaders team?? With our favorite milquetoast afrikan and the bad aquaman? So that's 3 teams now? Ultimates, Crew, Invaders? Had to come here to confirm.
    Oh i thought you were joking. Ive been busy today

OMG MILES AND TCHALLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he is done with Ultimates? Or ultimates ends soon?

MILES AND TCHALLA!!!

I can't tell if this is a one issue, series thing or if Invaders is goign to be an ongoing?

its titled BRave New World and the second issue is about Patriot or soemthing?

MILES ANDTCHALLA!
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-17-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

Link that Sh*t man im looking and i cant find it???

Edit: Oh MoS got it up... Interesting. yea i wonder if ultimates is gonna fizzle out? Not that i want it to (if Ewing continues to show arguable the most powerful team actually doing superhero stuff) but if so then having this team seems to be the right track due to being with other rising stars
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-17-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Link that Sh*t man im looking and i cant find it???
    http://www.cbr.com/secret-empire-new...atriot-marvel/
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh i thought you were joking. Ive been busy today

OMG MILES AND TCHALLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he is done with Ultimates? Or ultimates ends soon?

MILES AND TCHALLA!!!
    We don't know yet we know that the ultimates along with Carol and her alpha flight forces along with the guardians of the galaxy and quasar and nova will be in space as part of the superhero resistance that'll be fighting against Steve and his hydra forces they'll be trying to stop the chitari wave from coming to earth I'm not sure if black panther was there though lol.