Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Preview of BP #13 (continued)

Art looks pretty meh and I might not be picking this up either way but those gods look cool as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Do X-fans even still care at this point?
    You'd think not. But just wait.

This is going to end up like the second to last scene of a Friday the 13th movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    SJWs, as well as twitter and tumblr feminists make it really hard to not cape for social justice sometimes. For God's sake, this is the first superhero/action movie featuring a 90% black cast. And not just any cast: you've got the likes of Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett and Phylicia Rashad, as well as (young) rising stars such as Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o and Sterling K. Brown. It's being directed by Ryan Coogler and written by Joe Robert Cole (and Coogler). Nate Moore is one of the executive producers and Hannah Beachler is the production designer. A shit ton of the extras and supporting cast are being played by black actors. It has an African setting, mixed with fantasy, sci-fi and afrofuturism, and because it's a Marvel Studios movie, it's going to have the typical budget, promotion, scope, scale and special treatment that their other movies have had in the past. And yet, some people are up in arms that there is no lesbian relationship in this one movie. This one movie that already has so much goodness in it already. Can anyone seriously point out one movie that has had this amount of positive black representation, display of black culture and production value in it that isn't about slavery, segregation, the Civil Rights movement, wartime in an African country, racism in America or Africa, the hood life in America, or some Tyler Perry shit? The only one that comes to my head is Dreamgirls, and that came out more than a decade ago! Did you know Dreamgirls is the most expensive movie ever featuring a predominantly black cast at $80 million? That's all about to change when Black Panther comes out and yet, because there's no lesbian relationship in this one movie, it's a damn shame? We need to riot? There must be controversy and outcry? What are some people's priorities honestly? This movie already has a lot of pressure on it. Tonnes of frickin pressure. It's very own title is already pissing people off and the POTUS might not have good things to say about it (which is kinda irrelevant but still) but "ZOMG WHY MARVEL??? WHY NO LEZ RELATIONSHIP??? BOYCOTT!!! HOMOPHOBIA!! PATRIARCHY!!!! NO ONE MAN!!11!!! #LETAYOHAFGIRLFREN!!!" God in heaven...

It's not Ayo's movie. It's not Ayo's story. I don't need this bull
    And Kids is how you drop Truth Bombs..

Seriously people will bitch about anything, and instead of celebrating a Movie featuring nearly all Black cast, with James Bond, Political thriller, Super hero kickass movie and people are upset that a supporting cast member newly created in Coates run (not even the first queer character in BP mythos by the way) isn't getting a Gf? Uh how about we focus on building t'challa up, his world, his powerset, his LI, then after he is well established maybe she can worry about getting some action on the side. This is a huge movie and has alot riding on it and already has things to celebrate... But its not enough because Ayo and Okoye (who isn't a Lesbian anyways in the mythos) aren't in a relationship.. Bast help us... People need to chill the F*ck out and let this movie shine for what it IS doing for African/African Americans and not bitch about a minor character.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    You'd think not. But just wait.

This is going to end up like the second to last scene of a Friday the 13th movie.
    They're coming. He questioned her godhood. So if not X fans, Storm fans should be. lol

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll admit I sometimes feel that sort of thing takes some of the fun out of the hype for movies or comics or whatever I like.

But on the flip side, in the least it's relatively harmless as I'm fairly sure the movie will do quite well regardless of the controversy. And I suppose if you do want greater diversity and change you're probably going to have to try and make some noise whenever you can. I personally think the whole thing is an over raction but at the same time it's being talked about.
    My point is, it doesn't need to be a big deal that there's no queer representation in the movie. It'll die down, sure (hopefully) but it's just annoying when people annoyingly try to impose what they want on something they ordinarily wouldn't care about in the first place. Even as someone who's a member it still pisses me off when people go up in arms about it and get so triggered. No matter what, black representation is far more important to this movie (and to the BP mythos as a whole) than queer representation. That's the way it is and that's the way it should be. Am I saying that black queer representation isn't part of black representation, or that queer representation wouldn't make sense in the BP movie and mythos, or that it doesn't matter at all? No, but there needs to be priorities. Storytelling must come first before representation, especially in this case. What exactly would Ayo's sexuality (which even hasn't been ruled out as being gay) do for this movie from a storytelling perspective, other than represent? The whole point of Ayo being gay, from what I've gathered from the discussions revolving WoW on here is that she falls in love with Aneka (who isn't even confirmed to be in the movie), it's kinda wrong that she does since she's meant to "serve the king in all ways", and her and Aneka end up risking their lives for each other on multiple occasions. Now why add all of that to a movie that isn't about her? She's not a priority.

Though I'm glad this issue is being addresses, it's sort of weird he's asking the question now. His gods usually don't show up to help. If they didn't show up to help with Thanos when he was basically crashing in Bass living room, there's no reason think she'd help with the people.

Incredible Member

SJWs, as well as twitter and tumblr feminists make it really hard to not cape for social justice sometimes. For God's sake, this is the first superhero/action movie featuring a 90% black cast. And not just any cast: you've got the likes of Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett and Phylicia Rashad, as well as (young) rising stars such as Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o and Sterling K. Brown. It's being directed by Ryan Coogler and written by Joe Robert Cole (and Coogler). Nate Moore is one of the executive producers and Hannah Beachler is the production designer. A shit ton of the extras and supporting cast are being played by black actors. It has an African setting, mixed with fantasy, sci-fi and afrofuturism, and because it's a Marvel Studios movie, it's going to have the typical budget, promotion, scope, scale and special treatment that their other movies have had in the past. And yet, some people are up in arms that there is no lesbian relationship in this one movie. This one movie that already has so much goodness in it already. Can anyone seriously point out one movie that has had this amount of positive black representation, display of black culture and production value in it that isn't about slavery, segregation, the Civil Rights movement, wartime in an African country, racism in America or Africa, the hood life in America, or some Tyler Perry shit? The only one that comes to my head is Dreamgirls, and that came out more than a decade ago! Did you know Dreamgirls is the most expensive movie ever featuring a predominantly black cast at $80 million? That's all about to change when Black Panther comes out and yet, because there's no lesbian relationship in this one movie, it's a damn shame? We need to riot? There must be controversy and outcry? What are some people's priorities honestly? This movie already has a lot of pressure on it. Tonnes of frickin pressure. It's very own title is already pissing people off and the POTUS might not have good things to say about it (which is kinda irrelevant but still) but "ZOMG WHY MARVEL??? WHY NO LEZ RELATIONSHIP??? BOYCOTT!!! HOMOPHOBIA!! PATRIARCHY!!!! NO ONE MAN!!11!!! #LETAYOHAFGIRLFREN!!!" God in heaven...

It's not Ayo's movie. It's not Ayo's story. I don't need this bull
    Wow....it's THAT out of hand, huh?
    Last edited by C-Dot; 04-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Do X-fans even still care about Storm at this point?
    She's not being removed from the x books at this time so in the least I'd imagine a lesser backlash, if there's a backlash at all.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-20-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Ugh still tell and not show, Tetu's forces brought us to the bring (showing 5 dudes) Where the F*ck is the scale? Nothing about it at all, Its the same issue. telling us and wanting us to believe something when the visuals suggest otherwise.

Also I will say, the gods looked better in Black and White, It would give them a more unique look, and really make them stand apart.

The art isn't bad, I just hope the action isn't Stiff like S1

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Wow....it's THAT out of hand, huh?
    I mean it would probably die down soon but I'm just seriously annoyed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ugh still tell and not show, Tetu's forces brought us to the bring (showing 5 dudes) Where the F*ck is the scale? Nothing about it at all, Its the same issue. telling us and wanting us to believe something when the visuals suggest otherwise.

Also I will say, the gods looked better in Black and White, It would give them a more unique look, and really make them stand apart.

The art isn't bad, I just hope the action isn't Stiff like S1
    Looked better in black and white? When did they? Do you have a link? And honestly it's pretty laughable how these panels lack any interesting dynamics. All the perspective and angles look similar. And someone still doesn't know what an army is lmao

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She'said not being removed from the x books at this time so in the least I'don't imagine a lesser backlash, if there's a backlash at all.

It's been years and the Marvel landscape has changed a lot since then in and out of comics. T'Challa also isn't the D-list nobody he was seen as back in those days and is a bigger star. It seems like most would be "eh, whatever" or apathetic at this news than actually infuriated. I would think there are more important matters going on right now in the comic world.

I mean it would probably die down soon but I'm just seriously annoyed by it.

Looked better in black and white? When did they? Do you have a link? And honestly it's pretty laughable how these panels lack any interesting dynamics. All the perspective and angles look similar. And someone still doesn't know what an army is lmao
    Just a variant cover. I dont know where the link is

Priest is back at Marvel writing an Inhumans book!? I know this ain't the right thread, per se, but that's an instant pull.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Priest is back at Marvel writing an Inhumans book!? I know this ain't the right thread, per se, but that's an instant pull.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...s-mini-series/