Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ultimates was advertised as Being something completely different then what we are actually getting m Ultimates had alot of potential if Ewing stuck to what he said in his interviews Instead of turning it into a galactus Solo too much Cosmic talking heads and not enough of the TEAM Actually doing stuff
    Ultimates is a book that caters speciically to the hardcore cosmic niche of the fan base. And given that we got a new multiverse with brand new rules, the timing of it was probably good. I don't agree it's exactly a Galactus solo... but I do think the book really isn't character driven so much as it's plot driven. He's essentially world building (or rather multiverse building) and re-establishing the rules and the shape of the new multiverse. And that's something I'm sure plenty of readers don't really give a crap about. But to the hardcore cosmic guys which this book is catering too, it's like crack.

Ultimates isn't for everyone. And I think by THIS point at least, most should have a clear understanding of what sort of book is it and what it's trying to accomplish. I won't have a HUGE audence, but I think from this point on it'll have a stable loyal one.

BANNED

i thought Roxane Gay was a great writer though

Extraordinary Member

From the looks of it, I am saving quite lot fiscally avoiding BP books. Hickman turned me off the character during his run, and it looks like I made the right choice to stay away. I had high hopes for Coates.

At their worst, Wakandans are supposed to be snobs.

Thank goodness for the MCU, and their preservation of these classic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    i thought Roxane Gay was a great writer though
    Good writers don't always write good stories. Her story was more about trying to cover Coates's early mistakes. Unfortunately she just made more of her own. Tried to write a CW teen drama, but that stuff works better as live action.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    From the looks of it, I am saving quite lot fiscally avoiding BP books. Hickman turned me off the character during his run, and it looks like I made the right choice to stay away. I had high hopes for Coates.

Snobs who will use tribal strife as an excuse to commit murder and infanticide (which is why Queen Divine Justice was sent away from Wakanda as a baby).

Priest's take on the Wakandans is far more amoral than some want to remember.

Picking up World of Wakanda #6 is a safe bet. Best of Coates verse.

Incredible Member

I don't know about that maybe at the least...

These the same guys that shunned Nehenzo, because he was mixed. Wiped out Nakia village because they felt she disrespected the king, ran the Jabari out for nearly the same reason. At the most they are xenophobic and highly idelogical to their beliefs. Probably, why the rest of the world had no problem turning their back

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Snobs who will use tribal strife as an excuse to commit murder and infanticide (which is why Queen Divine Justice was sent away from Wakanda as a baby).

The Jabari started a war to take over the country after T'Chaka died. Wakandans considered them to be warmongers. Tchalla tried to save some by disbanding the tribe and placing them in other tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post

These the same guys that shunned Nehenzo, because he was mixed. Wiped out Nakia village because they felt she disrespected the king, ran the Jabari out for nearly the same reason. At the most they are xenophobic and highly idelogical to their beliefs. Probably, why the rest of the world had no problem turning their back
    The chief of Nakias tribe killed her family members. After it happened, the govt. showed up. Never had a complete resolution though. Did he go to jail...

Incredible Member

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/black...witter_vulture

Let Kevin Feige Get You Even More Hyped for Black Panther

"It’s the highest-class cast we’ve had on a first movie."- Kevin Feige

So, you’re excited for Black Panther, and why wouldn’t you be? Marvel’s unusual new superhero movie comes out early next year and follows Captain America: Civil War scene-stealer T’Challa (played by Chadwick Boseman) as he returns to rule his home country of Wakanda. It helps that he has some formidable allies in his corner (including several fierce women played by Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Angela Bassett) as well as a super-suit to don when things get too dire, but he’ll need all that and more when going up against the villainous Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) and a host of eye-popping adversaries, one of which is a giant rhino-mech.

There’s clearly a lot to look forward to here, and Marvel executives know it: When they opened the doors of their studio to press last week to tease Marvel’s upcoming slate of movies, the Ryan Coogler–directed Black Panther got by far the biggest push even though it only wrapped filming a few days ago and won’t be out until February 18, 2018.

“I’m not sure we’ve ever shown raw dailies before,” Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige told me a few days later. So what is it about this movie that has Marvel willing to jump the gun?

“I think it’s two things,” said Feige. “Black Panther is a huge part of the Marvel Comics mythology, and has been for 50-plus years. Other than his awesome, relatively brief appearance in Civil War, his history has been relatively untapped.” And with a cast comprised of Oscar winners like Nyong’o and Forest Whitaker, big TV stars including Gurira and Sterling K. Brown, and even Get Out breakout Daniel Kaluuya, Marvel has assembled a stacked group of performers ready to bring that world to life. “Every day, seeing that cast come together … it’s just amazing,” said Feige. “Across the board, it’s the highest-class cast we’ve had on a first movie.”

It’s also a validation of the investment Marvel made in Boseman almost three years ago, when the studio announced that a Black Panther movie was on its way and that the Get on Up actor would be starring in it. “You always like your instincts being validated, and Chadwick was the first choice for us,” said Feige. “He was the only person we ever talked to about the role, and one of the highlights of my career was calling him out of the blue on a speakerphone with [Civil War directors] Joe and Anthony Russo and our executive producer Nate Moore, who’s now executive producer of Panther. I said, ‘Have you ever heard of Panther? Would you want to play him?’”

All that said, the thing had Feige most excited about Black Panther was the opportunity to mix things up with Marvel’s 18th movie. “It’s really exciting that this part of the universe is so unbelievably diverse and looks unlike any of the other films that we’ve made,” he said. “The cast looks different than any of the other casts that we’ve had. Both in front of and behind the camera, it’s almost entirely people of color, which I think is a special, important thing, and one of the reasons the film will be unique and as great as I think it’s going to be.”

It also features Angela Bassett in a stunning gold headpiece that could give Cate Blanchett’s Hela antlers a run for their money. For some moviegoers, that may be reason enough to buy a ticket. “She’s awesome,” laughed Feige. “There’s no doubt about that.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Tribal strife was always part of Wakanda's history in the comics. Exploiting tribal strife is part of Killmonger's charm.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 04-25-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post

I think the Nehenzo thing was badly written mutant angst. Hunter, the White Wolf, was the King's son before T'Challa.

Also, we are looking at Wakanda through Western world lenses. Priest established the Wakandans as xenophobic in his first arc.

The rest of the world (including its heroes) turning their back on Wakanda was PFU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Jabari started a war to take over the country after T'Chaka died. Wakandans considered them to be warmongers. Tchalla tried to save some by disbanding the tribe and placing them in other tribes.
    The Jabari was nothing but trouble from the start. Still, I do miss the ever scheming T'Challa.

Fantastic Member

Damn, one of the few times I want Panther in another event book. Secret Empire is so good, and Cap is scheming on unheard of levels. The fanboy in me wants T'Challa to get involved for some crazy war games/8th dimensional chess. I don't even mind if it's more talking heads than action - it would be a great way to show T'Challa is still up there in terms of strategy. But, it's super unlikely.

But I can dream!

Extraordinary Member

Crazy for me to say it, but Geoff Johns wrote a pretty interesting Black Panther, too.