Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Full McKelvie cover for BP 13-16.

The Wakandan gods with their backs to T'challa is nice touch and good way to symbolize what's happening in the story.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    That's Dope. Theres only one Panther that can be featured that far back. Bashenga......
    That would be exciting if true. I hope someone suggests that idea.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

For those wondering why said characters are in that McKelvie cover, an explanation from the cover artist himself.

https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/875999863137349633

Everything in this image is a hint to the storylines happening in the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    For those wondering why said characters are in that McKelvie cover, an explanation from the cover artist himself.

https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/875999863137349633
    One would have to be pretty dense not to already know this.

BANNED

On thing that's been revealed by the release of the Black Panther teaser trailer is that there's a real hunger for the character that crosses all ethnic groups and related viewing demographics thus putting the lie to the previous views of some movers and shakers in Hollywood that a nearly all black cast would not be that appealing to a wide demographic of movie goers.

What said trailer also did, was revealed the kind of vociferous pushback against a fully realised T'Challa and Wakanda that has plagued the character within his own solo book post Hudlin.

February 16th 2018 will be revealing as to who gets to write the book after the movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    On thing that's been revealed by the release of the Black Panther teaser trailer is that there's a real hunger for the character that crosses all ethnic groups and related viewing demographics thus putting the lie to the previous views of some movers and shakers in Hollywood that a nearly all black cast would not be that appealing to a wide demographic of movie goers.

What said trailer also did, was revealed the kind of vociferous pushback against a fully realised T'Challa and Wakanda that has plagued the character within his own solo book post Hudlin.

February 16th 2018 will be revealing as to who gets to write the book after the movie comes out.
    Hopefully Coates will be out the door. But I'm not holding my breath. But at the very least, the movie will show the world what T'Challa is supposed to be like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hopefully Coates will be out the door. But I'm not holding my breath. But at the very least, the movie will show the world what T'Challa is supposed to be like.
    Agreed 100%.

Coates BP is not compatible with MCU BP and as such should not exist post Feb 16th 2018.

Agreed 100%.

Coates BP is not compatible with MCU BP and as such should not exist post Feb 16th 2018.
    Sadly, I don't see Coates leaving within the next 8 months, the only thing I hope for is that marvel gets wise and launches a second BP title with a different creative team that it outside of Coates circle, so we can get the real panther and one that is akin to the MCU Version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Sadly, I don't see Coates leaving within the next 8 months, the only thing I hope for is that marvel gets wise and launches a second BP title with a different creative team that it outside of Coates circle, so we can get the real panther and one that is akin to the MCU Version.
    They ended David Liss's vastly superior BP run so no one is above being stopped if it suits Marvel's overarching character plans.

If Coates continues with his fake take on the BP Mythos post the movie dropping next year and sales drop considerably, I can see Coates being booted in favour of a writer who actually believes in the BP mythos.

I think Coates is going to ride it out till the marvel legacy relaunch stuff goes into full swing.

You guys should check out the first two episodes of the new season of the Avengers cartoon

T'challa was done so well in that
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    You guys should check out the first two episodes of the new season of the Avengers cartoon

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    That's Dope. Theres only one Panther that can be featured that far back. Bashenga......
    I'm confused. How does 10,000 years of Black Panther kings and queens equate to there being a Black Panther in 1,000,000 BC? My math must be way off. Did the meteorite that hit Wakanda hit in 1,000,000 BC or a bit before instead of 10,000 years ago? Marvel's gonna have to really explain this to me, because I'm over here like "Wait, what?"
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-17-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

He was like a one-man wrecking crew in that two-parter. I mean, that's kind of T'Challa's thing, but it made you wonder why he even needed the rest of the team .

He even pulled an Iron Man 3 .

They ended David Liss's vastly superior BP run so no one is above being stopped if it suits Marvel's overarching character plans.

If Coates continues with his fake take on the BP Mythos post the movie dropping next year and sales drop considerably, I can see Coates being booted in favour of a writer who actually believes in the BP mythos.
    Quite a situation to be honest. I mean my ideal situation would be to get two ongoing BP solo's, with a new creative team for sure for the second ongoing. The next would be for editorial to tighten down non Coates and regulate the **** he has produced and force a heel turn into a MCU Version basically saying either write him correctly or there's the door. The failed spinoffs should be the kick in the pants to not produce shitty title's and slapping T'Challas name on them