Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    This is a word

So I wonder if this was actually a look forward.

The Wakandan space program has been growing in the background for a while now. We know there is more vibranium out there perhaps Wakandans just decide to leave Earth and venture out to the stars. That being said space ain't all friendly and Empires aren't all nice.

This could also give the Cosmic side a much needed shot in the arm.
    No BP writer has ever bothered showing Wakanda look for more vibranium or search for the source. It's an obvious story to explore, but none ever seemed interested. So it's certainly descent possibility that Coates will explore those issues here if he's bothering to have them operating in outer space anyways.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love that people praised this idea, assumed that Coates was incapable of having this idea, and then crying that the sky is falling when they found out that this was Coates's idea. I previously said I didn't think Wakanda needed a space colony (as opposed to just a space program), but I'm not opposed to it existing. I wonder how soon we'll see it given that Coates seems to write pretty far in advance.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble like this but I'm afraid Storm was not Queen of Wakanda during AvX.

Shuri was Queen and as such, my point that Storm betrayed Wakanda stands.
    She was very much still considered a part of the royal circle and therefore wouldn't have betrayed Wakanda by any by laws I'm aware of. Additionally, she was never charged with doing anything illegal for this and the resulting ban on her/xmen being allowed in Wakanda was due to Namor's action and not anything of her own.

It still happened though and firmly in canon.
    but the context with that is he is reformed. that part wasn't mentioned with the initial Nazi comment (even though I wouldn't want storm dealing with any Nazis conformed or not).

Most people familiar with my posting history in this thread, know that I have been uncompromisingly scathing in my criticism of T'Challa's character all the way through AvX to Hickman's handling of his thematic trajectory of fail as evidenced in New Avengers and Secret Wars II.

Juxtaposed against this reality, my criticism of Storm will remain just as scathing.

As far as I'm concerned, Shuri was the last Black Panther who represented Wakanda totally and without ambiguity or doubt.

She will always be my Black Panther of choice for as long as Coates Continues to write T'Challa like a chump.
    All of this is fair and you obviously are entitledto your opinions. I just think that the scathing criticism she receives comes off as a double standard because tchalla in far worse danger by the things he did versus what ororo dis during avx.

Talk about moving goal posts
    As you mentioned it's firmly in canon...

BTW, no one has commented on the issue yet, so I'll touch briefly on it. I thought this story did a good job of taking the story we've seen so far and spinning it on its head. The reveal at the end made worked well. I don't think it explains this whole story, but it's a cool moment. I'm looking for Black Panther in Legacy.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Anyone have a quick shots review of the solo. It came out this week too. lol

Guess we got distracted. lol

Astonishing Member

Previously, yours truly has asked that following question that's relative toward the Spoilers for Black Panther within MARVEL LEGACY #1.......

I wonder if it's connected to what occurred within either NEW AVENGERS #1 {W/ the Illuminati} or SECRET WARS #9.

Just a thought, that's all........
    Well, looks like it's been answered by this Article with Jason Aaron explaining that particular revelation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    There was a discussion about stuff like this in CBR a few months ago. From what I remember most everyone was against the idea of Wakanda colonizing space. Some were okay with simple exploration.

I was the only one who was in favor of colonizing leading to the creation if the First Wakandan Space Empire.

I'll wait to see how this plays out, but for now I'm soaking up these rays of light as people celebrate. lol
    Most of us have been clamouring for Wakanda in space for years before Hickman's run.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Most of us have been clamouring for Wakanda in space for years before Hickman's run.
    Now that I've had a few hours, I remember Marvel2100 liking the idea of colonies. Apologies to anyone else I forgot who liked the larger concept.

I really don't know how I feel about this. What purpose would Black Panther have in taking over some far distant planet? Where is this planet? Why would he control it and not focus on controlling Africa as a whole?

I'll wait and see what the story is like but I am confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I love that people praised this idea, assumed that Coates was incapable of having this idea, and then crying that the sky is falling when they found out that this was Coates's idea. I previously said I didn't think Wakanda needed a space colony (as opposed to just a space program), but I'm not opposed to it existing. I wonder how soon we'll see it given that Coates seems to write pretty far in advance.
    I'm curious how this will connect with Coates earlier stuff. On it's face, there feels like a bit of a disconnect given Wakanda seemed in bad shape at the start of his run.

But then again, maybe it all fits. If Wakanda is funding and manning an entire space entire, then I would imagine a good deal of resources and man power will be needed. It takes far more soliders to maintain a galactuc empire than a relatively small african nation. I'd guess the vast majority of Wakandas military would be needed and only a skeleton crew would remain on earth... though it's hard to say I suppose. We'll have to wait and see how large their empire is and how many people are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Previously, yours truly has asked that following question that's relative toward the Spoilers for Black Panther within MARVEL LEGACY #1.......

Well, looks like it's been answered by this Article with Jason Aaron explaining that particular revelation.
    So basically T'Challa launched that space craft to colonize a far off planet and that far off planet got colonized and populated by the Wakandans he sent on that expedition?

Too bad Coates is writing this. The writing and art will be abysmal but at least Stelfreeze will provide some nice cover art. Oh wait, Klaw has to conquer Wakanda first, before getting his ass kicked by Goldballs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I really don't know how I feel about this. What purpose would Black Panther have in taking over some far distant planet? Where is this planet? Why would he control it and not focus on controlling Africa as a whole?

It's an interesting question. My best guess would be vibranium. Maybe they found another planet they can mine, and built around it.

I'm still curious if Wakanda even has enough of a population to really have a galactic empire. Maybe there's more Wakandans than I first thought.

What solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

I would hope the planet was uninhabited. I've certainly said before that imperialism is the antithesis of the Wakandan mindset. They haven't conquered the rest of Africa because they never had any interest in that. One would hope they also don't want to conquer an alien planet.

Do you want a bulletpoints of what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    What solo?
    hahaha.

I meant Storm and The Midnight Angles. With special guest star The Black Panther. lol