Page 401 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 3013513913973983994004014024034044054114515019011401 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 77781
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyro View Post
    I would had liked to see T'challa discover Emma involvement in the attack on Wakanda but I think we all can agree that that wasn't going to happen.

What I really want to see is how the others are going to respond to Black Bolt and T'challa.

I assume Black Bolt's title will play into that in the first arc maybe

I would had liked to see T'challa discover Emma involvement in the attack on Wakanda but I think we all can agree that that wasn't going to happen.

What I really want to see is how the others are going to respond to Black Bolt and T'challa.
    My guess is that SOME of them aren't going to respond very well. People like Steve, Sue, and Hulk are friends with Namor. Whatever their differences with him, I very much doubt they'll be happy that he was murdered especially after he just agreed to turn himself in when all this was over.

I guess the real question mark will be whether this endangers the fragile trust the heroes are just starting to build, or whether all that will be thrown out the window.

Black Bolt will probably be sleeping on the coach though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My guess is that SOME of them aren't going to respond very well. People like Steve, Sue, and Hulk are friends with Namor. Whatever their differences with him, I very much doubt they'll be happy that he was murdered especially after he just agreed to turn himself in when all this was over.

I guess the real question mark will be whether this endangers the fragile trust the heroes are just starting to build, or whether all that will be thrown out the window.

Black Bolt will probably be sleeping on the coach though.
    I think this will lead to another royal rumble amongst the avengers. A lot of people will be upset that BP Killed Namor, but BP I think will be mad at everyone when Wakanda was destroyed by the Cabal. I can see Reed being upset , but I think he'll understand why he did it and I doubt he'd go against his sworn brotherhood. So if the Illuminati split because of this then I believe it'll at least be T'Challa, Reed, and Black Bot. If it does go this route I hope they paint BP once again as the the one man army that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Story wise? I think the writers may have actually forgotten that Emma instigated it, which IMO puts her in the same boat as the members of the Third Reich being complicit in the deaths at concentration camps. They didn't do the deed but directed the actions of the ones that did.
    Again, nobody except Emma and Namor knew about that conversation, and unless Emma says something, that's how it's going to be. Because she wasn't at the attack; Atlantean soldiers and Namor were. And that's enough of a smoking gun.

I think the P5 were eventually going to attack Wakanda, and that's the Avengers' faults. But how it was done was Atlantis', the Phoenix, and to a lesser extent, Namor. Despite him saying otherwise.

As for Namor taking the blame? I'd say because obviously he has a sense of honor and Emma doesn't. She is kind of a weasel in this respect.
    She is, but she also was already dealing with the P5 effects badly. Atlantis was not. And Namor, as I've said multiple times, not only admitted to doing it, but only showed regret twice: in a private conversation and before BB and BP got him.

As annoying as it is, because I'd love for Emma to get called out for it, there is no way that's going to happen. That is, unless Namor snitches on her, or Emma admits it herself. Even a psychic checking her memories would also notice the Phoenix influence.

So I honestly think the writers covered their tracks here, unfortunately. If there's anyone to blame for Emma not getting caught, it's Namor inadvertently using his own nation as a cover (or the nation itself for not even attempting to say, "hey, he's kinda off today. What's up?" I mean, if they were mind controlled, and stated as such, I wouldn't have as much of a problem).

What could have been a P5 influence attack turned into an act of war because he used his forces.

Outside of a plot device (though why Original Sin wasn't used for it, no clue), there's no reasonable way for BP to magically figure it out.
    Last edited by Double 0; 01-17-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Iron Maiden made points that were out of context. In order to actually put context to the scene he's quoting it is required to delve into the whole of AvX. You cannot have one without the other. Emma's motivations cannot be selectively looked at from one panel. Or a misreading of the panel. That panel is linked to AvX - Verses #5. Additionally, Emma actually says in the panel Iron Maiden posted that it was never her intention to kill. In fact she goes even further to imply she lost control of the power. So one could say she never even intended to maim Hawkeye that badly. This is further backed up with Emma (with half the Phoenix Force) had the opportunity to turn off everyones minds in AvX 9. And didn't.
    Those panels only relevance to this thread are in that Emma aimed Namor at Wakanda and that is what Iron Maiden highlighted.

And the Wakanda/Atlantis feud goes back to Rulks involvement.
    Dude, the Atlantis/Wakanda conflict has nothing to do with Rulk.

BANNED

And why pray tell, would T'Challa discovering Emma Frost's hand in Namor's initial attack on Wakanda be off the table? :confused

I'm sure we'll be treated to that spectacle soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And why pray tell, would T'Challa discovering Emma Frost's hand in Namor's initial attack on Wakanda be off the table? :confused

I'm sure we'll be treated to that spectacle soon enough.

I just don't see it coming up with Emma being in Bendis hands.

Dude, the Atlantis/Wakanda conflict has nothing to do with Rulk.
    No dude. It has everything to do with Rulk. T'Challa offered the Avengers shelter and Rulk violated his trust by launching an assassination on Cyclops. T'Challa as head of state said he was conflicted and could not get involved. After Rulk attacked the P5 discovered the base of operations was Wakanda. Rulk not only violated Wakanda's neutrality but he did it and never told Captain America or T'Challa what he did.

This only sort to feed Namor's aggression. Emma's sole goal in that scene was to get Laurie one of her students back. Pointing Namor at Wakanda to get Laurie back is one thing but that doesn't absolve Wakanda's neutrality being violated openly by Rulk and under the shadows by T'Challa himself in AvX 6. That also doesn't mean her method would have been a giant tidal wave.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-17-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't want BP written by Bendis anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member

And what you're saying does not in anyway negate the validity of what Iron Maiden has pointed out in relation to the fact that no questions were asked by T'Challa as to what it was that set Namor on collision course with Wakanda in the first place.

Can you imagine a T'Challa written by Priest, not wanting to know who pulled the trigger on the proverbial smoking gun.

Namor was turned into a convenient scapegoat for the purpose of facilitating this storyline ad all the characters involved in this saga are all the poorer for it.
    You raise very great points.

I'm surprised folks are NOT tripping out over Namor invading Wakanda over a piece of blonde tail. All this death came from that.

BANNED

When you put it like that, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I think this will lead to another royal rumble amongst the avengers. A lot of people will be upset that BP Killed Namor, but BP I think will be mad at everyone when Wakanda was destroyed by the Cabal. I can see Reed being upset , but I think he'll understand why he did it and I doubt he'd go against his sworn brotherhood. So if the Illuminati split because of this then I believe it'll at least be T'Challa, Reed, and Black Bot. If it does go this route I hope they paint BP once again as the the one man army that he is.
    If none of the rest of the Illuminati were involved in Namors assasination (and it's possible Reed at least was involved though we obviously don't know for sure yet) the best case scenario might simply be if T'Challa and Black Bolt teleport away and the rest get down to business. Because any sort of battle royal likely would be worst case scenario at this point.

BANNED

No dude. It has everything to do with Rulk. T'Challa offered the Avengers shelter and Rulk violated his trust by launching an assassination on Cyclops. T'Challa as head of state said he was conflicted and could not get involved. After Rulk attacked the P5 discovered the base of operations was Wakanda. Rulk not only violated Wakanda's neutrality but he did it and never told Captain America or T'Challa what he did.
    Upon further reflection I can agree with your observations and applied logic in this regard.

This only sort to feed Namor's aggression. Emma's sole goal in that scene was to get Laurie one of her students back. Pointing Namor at Wakanda to get Laurie back is one thing but that doesn't absolve Wakanda's neutrality being violated openly by Rulk and under the shadows by T'Challa himself in AvX 6. That also doesn't mean her method would have been a giant tidal wave.
    Even though the logic of what you're saying is sound as regards Emma's motivations, absolving her of responsibility for Namor's attack on Wakanda doesn't work as anyone familiar with the Atlatean Monarch's usual modus operandi of dropping tidal waves on the surface world would tell you.

I'm sure Emma of all people, being intimate with Namor's ways, would have been aware of this too.

As for T'Challa, it should be interestin to see how the rest of the New Avengers saga plays out for him and Wakanda by the time Hickman is done with the Avengers books.

BANNED

Well clearly we are getitng a reset.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If none of the rest of the Illuminati were involved in Namors assasination (and it's possible Reed at least was involved though we obviously don't know for sure yet) the best case scenario might simply be if T'Challa and Black Bolt teleport away and the rest get down to business. Because any sort of battle royal likely would be worst case scenario at this point.
    T'Challa and Blakagar are assassins now? :gasp: