Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Mike Murdock:

Thanks. Doesn't sound too bad.

Was that art bad all the way through, or was it just the beginning?
    Taste is subjective. I'll say the art is consistent all the way through, maybe a bit better towards the end. But I don't really mind the art one way or the other in this issue, so I'm certainly not one to tell you if the change is something you'd view as an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's nice that things are tying together. I knew they would eventually, but for awhile it did feel like 2 entirely seperate narratives.
    I think the only issue is whether they're really tying together or if this is basically taking advantage of the other situation.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Now that I've had a few hours, I remember Marvel2100 liking the idea of colonies. Apologies to anyone else I forgot who liked the larger concept.
    No problem. I just remember going the rounds about it with Flex on the old CBR. It was one of the first things I posted about. But is was in our solar system. I didn't expect a colony outside ours.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Incredible Member

One way this could work is the interstellar route a lag in time makes the area of space zoom by vs Earth time but idk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    She was very much still considered a part of the royal circle and therefore wouldn't have betrayed Wakanda by any by laws I'm aware of. Additionally, she was never charged with doing anything illegal for this and the resulting ban on her/xmen being allowed in Wakanda was due to Namor's action and not anything of her own.

but the context with that is he is reformed. that part wasn't mentioned with the initial Nazi comment (even though I wouldn't want storm dealing with any Nazis conformed or not).

All of this is fair and you obviously are entitledto your opinions. I just think that the scathing criticism she receives comes off as a double standard because tchalla in far worse danger by the things he did versus what ororo dis during avx.

As you mentioned it's firmly in canon...
    None of which changes the fact that Storm was not Queen of Wakanda during AvX.

I'm an equal opportunities caller outer and if I criticise T'Challa just as hard as I criticise Storm I fail to see what double standard applies in this regard.

BANNED

Now that I've had a few hours, I remember Marvel2100 liking the idea of colonies. Apologies to anyone else I forgot who liked the larger concept.
    Marvel2100 wasn't alone as I alongside other forward thinking posters in this thread, had postulated about Wakanda expanding into space way before Hickman came on the scene.

Hudlin touched on Wakandan exploration during his run too but some want to make it look like Wakandan Space exploration was all down to Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think anyone was against the idea, so much as some didn't necessarily think it would make sense. But this is definately an opportunity for Coates to prove those people (and I'm one of them) wrong. If he can make a narrative of a Galactic Empire fit within the story he's told so far, then everythings good.

But even if it can't make it fit perfectly, in the end these are comics... the sky won't start falling if things don't quite fit as well as we wish they might. In the least, it looks pretty cool.
    Past posts prove otherwise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Taste is subjective. I'll say the art is consistent all the way through, maybe a bit better towards the end. But I don't really mind the art one way or the other in this issue, so I'm certainly not one to tell you if the change is something you'd view as an improvement.

I think the only issue is whether they're really tying together or if this is basically taking advantage of the other situation.

Has to be the latter I doubt Zawavari or the priest would have been affected by anything else but mystical in nature

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Past posts prove otherwise.
    I think a careful reading of all the posts would show otherwise. I think I was the strongest critic and what I said is I didn't think Wakandans would want to leave Wakanda to live somewhere else and I didn't think they would be conquerors. I still stand by my latter point no matter the circumstances and I think the former point needs justification. Wakandan explorers make sense to me, Wakandan settlers raise the question of what motivates them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think a careful reading of all the posts would show otherwise. I think I was the strongest critic and what I said is I didn't think Wakandans would want to leave Wakanda to live somewhere else and I didn't think they would be conquerors. I still stand by my latter point no matter the circumstances and I think the former point needs justification. Wakandan explorers make sense to me, Wakandan settlers raise the question of what motivates them.
    Simple, for the glory of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Simple, for the glory of Wakanda
    It can't be just that simple, because frankly that's just ego. A nation that spent it's entire history being isolationists likely aren't motivated solely by that.

It has to make sense, factoring in the risks and rewards of such a costly and dangerous undertaking. If it makes sense (and I'm assuming it will if T'Challa is behind it) and it fits within the movitvations of the characters (as we obviously want to avoid making them look like bad guys in all of this), then it should be fine.

I was SOOOOOO excited to see that Planet wakanda teaser!!!!....until I was Coats name next to it. He has ZERO imagination and minimal knowledge or interest in the titular character. So I'm going to ignore this like I've ignored all of his run after the first 7 issues (I gave him that much of a chance), Was excited to see Jason Aaron attached and thought he'd be writing it and would be able to chanel his Secret Invasion skill with T'challa but instead, We will get to hear stories about T'challa subjugating space women and more no name Coats agenda characters characters.

Coats writes the most powerless T'challa I've ever read. There isn't a villain in history that I believe could beat the hell out of The Black Panther that Coats writes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    For a moment there I thought you had actually read Black Panther books outside of his interactions with Storm. I was so confused but this clears it all up. I thought an actual fan of T'challa was talking lke this.

Actually, i exaggerated it but i know you got the idea.

I'm sorry T'Challa is going to be ruined in space too.....what next
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Coates is an awesome writer.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    None of which changes the fact that Storm was not Queen of Wakanda during AvX.

I'm an equal opportunities caller outer and if I criticise T'Challa just as hard as I criticise Storm I fail to see what double standard applies in this regard.
    the double standard is that I have seen some posters give him a pass for working with namor and abandoning wakanda an shuri because he was trying to save the world, yet ororo waa trying to do the same thing in AvX and she was charged with betraying wakanda yet NO harm occurred against wakanda due to her actions. the same is not true for tchalla. Him working with the Illuminati and entertaining black swan put a crosshair on wakanda who h eventually lead thanos to Amanda's doorstep resulting in its destruction.