BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He did a good enough job on Deathstroke to get Justice League, so again he seems to finally be getting what he wants. And he certainly deserves it.

Bryan Hitch got a Justice League gig, that name ain’t as top class as it use to be in your goal to over look every point I made

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

“But he’s writing Deathstroke!”, a character that is of such importance they gave him to Rob Liefeld aka comic book writer supreme
    A character featured in a major role on a popular DC TV show and who is about to make his movie debut soon, yes. And he's leveraged the good press he got off of that into writing a Justice League title. And that Inhumans mini over at Marvel as well. In just a short while since his comeback he's already getting a wider spread pick of writing projects from the Big 2 then he was when he was at his wit's end previously.

Bryan Hitch got a Justice League gig, that name ain’t as top class as it use to be
    Bryan Hitch is a pretty popular artist. The entire reason he got a Justice League gig is because of how big his Ultimates shit was over at Marvel way back when.

Bored at work.

Took about 20 minutes
    Attachment 56103
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-11-2017 at 07:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    A character featured in a major role on a popular DC TV show and who is about to make his movie debut soon, yes. And he's leveraged the good press he got off of that into writing a Justice League title. And that Inhumans mini over at Marvel as well. In just a short while since his comeback he's already getting a wider spread pick of writing projects from the Big 2 then he was when he was at his wit's end previously.

Yet they couldn’t get a Deathstroke title going long enough until Priest, Priest is doing more for Deathstroke than cartoons, tv appearance and coming soon movie have done for the past several years. It wasn’t that long ago people where crying foul about so many Inhumans books coming out with only Priest fans stating that his mini will be good with even Brevoort saying as much but folks don’t want to hear anything he says let alone anything about a writer he happens to like.

Bryan Hitch is a pretty popular artist. The entire reason he got a Justice League gig is because of how big his Ultimates shit was over at Marvel way back when.

You mean the Ultimates gif he was the artist on cause Millar wrote those and last I checked Millar isn’t the writer on Hitch’s Justice League run

Yet they couldn’t get a Deathstroke title going long enough until Priest, Priest is doing more for Deathstroke than cartoons, tv appearance and coming soon movie have done for the past several years.
    Because those runs were all by garbage creative teams.

You mean the Ultimates gif he was the artist on cause Millar wrote those and last I checked Millar isn’t the writer on Hitch’s Justice League run
    I'm not sure what exactly is is you're arguing here. That has nothing to do with what I said. You're trying to suggest getting a Justice League book isn't a big deal because Hitch got a job doing Justice League, when the entire reason Hitch got the gig in the first place is precisely because of his popularity. That's why they created a whole new book for him out of whole cloth and let it keep running despite his tardy ass never turning in work on time.

Bryan Hitch got a Justice League gig, that name ain’t as top class as it use to be in your goal to over look every point I made
    Considering a Justice League movie is about to come out, I'd say snagging Justice League gives him some bragging rights around the water cooler.

Yet they couldn’t get a Deathstroke title going long enough until Priest, Priest is doing more for Deathstroke than cartoons, tv appearance and coming soon movie have done for the past several years. It wasn’t that long ago people where crying foul about so many Inhumans books coming out with only Priest fans stating that his mini will be good with even Brevoort saying as much but folks don’t want to hear anything he says let alone anything about a writer he happens to like.

Seriously, I don't get the problem here.

He was a writer who previously didn't seem to have the same opportunities that other writers got for whatever stupid reason, and now he's getting them. That's a good thing, isn't it? He seems to be happy with the work since he's doing a lot of it for both marvel and DC, and for the most part it seems well received. What's there not to like about the situation?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I never read Milestone, but I caught the Static Shock cartoon and I thought he was pretty cool. I've always been a bit disappointed that DC could never make Static a bigger deal than he was. He seemed like he had the potential to be a break out character. Hopefully Hudlin and whoever else is working with Milestone can do something with him.
    I think a number of fans had high hopes for nu52 Static but the initial run imploded due to behind the scenes infighting among the creative team and editor.

It also later turned out they for some reason hired a writer who admitted he never read the original series or watched the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think a number of fans had high hopes for nu52 Static but the initial run imploded due to behind the scenes infighting among the creative team and editor.
    That's too bad. There seemed to be something special about Static (and I base that only on the cartoon as I stopped reading DC by nu52). He could have been their Peter Parker or whatever.

Invincible Member

Another thing to remember about Priest is that back in the Day he actually did write several name characters from Spiderman, to Capt America, GL and others. So to suddenly get typecast and only get offered black characters after BP probably rubbed him the wrong way.

Like, "Oh the other editors thought I was good enough to write Deadpool at the height of his popularity, but you guys want to stick me in this corner I was never in."

Glad you added the second bold part. Cause you would have got an argument from me. lol. Everyone knows Cartoon Network Teen Titans is the reason Slade got popular. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Glad you added the second bold part. Cause you would have got an argument from me. lol. Everyone knows Cartoon Network Teen Titans is the reason Slade got popular. lol
    It sure as heck helped. Cartoon Networks Teen Titans was freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/78023...asy-lies-head/

Interview on the Year One mini-series.

Evan sounds WAYYYYYYYYY more enthusiastic about T’Challa and the Panther mythos than Coates did. I’ll definitely give him a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    I’m sorry but that shit rubs me the wrong way.
    A black man elevating and writing BLACK characters should be a matter of pride, not something to shun because you wanna elevate
    White characters. All of those white characters are going to be just fine, but a historically terrible character like Cyborg would benefit GREATLY from someone of Priest’s talent actually making him more than a pathetic weasel.

Whole heartedly agree. While I understand he doesn't want to be pigeon holed, he should still take some pride in writing great black characters.