Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Hudlin's Klaw was the best Klaw.

I mean Hudlin didn't drag him out like some Joker character. T'Challa took care of business and avenged his father.

Hudlin's Klaw didn't just pop up constantly kill hundreds get thrown in prison and escape like some criminal from Gotham. I think that made T'challa a stronger character than a lot of his contemporaries. Plus Hudlin's Klaw was fierce. He wasn't the stereotypical Doctor Evil that prattled on and choked.
    I thought Klaw, as presented by Priest, was rather dangerous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Probably like this

That T'Challa I tell ya... he likes who he likes :shrugs:

#wakandalove

#redemptionarc

#thatkicktothefacetho lol
    That was some fine storytelling.

Extraordinary Member

*clears throat*

*uses Mortal Kombat voice*

It HAS BEGUN!

#wakandanlove

#NaChalla
    Now that is just awesome!

Extraordinary Member

Especially if it's a Wakandan woman.

Why do you think people don't want him with a Wakandan woman? They all hate Monica... but they hate a Wakandan woman more.

Why is that? Is it because of something Coates said?

hehehe
    T'Chaka married a South African woman. It might be that both father & son have a thing for foreign women.

Perhaps the foreign woman works as an audience surrogate (I could be wrong).

However, we have Ross for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Klaw in Priests run was pretty cool for 2 reasons. Firstly because he actually seemed somewhat of a threat to T'Challa even with vibranium. And secondly because it's one of the rare times where you get a sense of the personal hatred the characters have for each other. Klaw killed T'Challa's freaking dad... their conflictgs should be far more personal than they feel half the time. Instead Klaw often just comes off like any other random villain T'Challa might face one day. It should always be VERY personal.

I'm hopeful Klaw will get a good showing this time around. He definately needs it.

T'Chaka married a South African woman. It might be that both father & son have a thing for foreign women.

It's sometimes easy to forget that Ramonda isn't Wakandan, but yeah ... like father like son I guess.

In a meta sense it's easy to understand why T'CHalla constantly falls for foreign women. Monica was a POV character for the audience, while Storm was an attempt at making an A list power couple. But in story I imagine a lot of Wakandans have to be somewhat put off by their previous 2 kings fetish for foreigners. But maybe that's part of the reason we see it. There's built in storys to tell from the push back against it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Klaw in Priests run was pretty cool for 2 reasons. Firstly because he actually seemed somewhat of a threat to T'Challa even with vibranium. And secondly because it's one of the rare times where you get a sense of the personal hatred the characters have for each other. Klaw killed T'Challa's freaking dad... their conflictgs should be far more personal than they feel half the time. Instead Klaw often just comes off like any other random villain T'Challa might face one day. It should always be VERY personal.

I'm hopeful Klaw will get a good showing this time around. He definately needs it.
    Klaw being able to manipulate communication systems was scary. Klaw can do major damage on a world scale just by intercepting & changing radio transmissions.

BP's rage towards Klaw, by Priest, was far superior to the way Hickman presented BP's rage towards Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sometimes easy to forget that Ramonda isn't Wakandan, but yeah ... like father like son I guess.

In a meta sense it's easy to understand why T'CHalla constantly falls for foreign women. Monica was a POV character for the audience, while Storm was an attempt at making an A list power couple. But in story I imagine a lot of Wakandans have to be somewhat put off by their previous 2 kings fetish for foreigners. But maybe that's part of the reason we see it. There's built in storys to tell from the push back against it.
    Pretty sure Tchakas' first wife is Wakanda. Ramonda is South African to make a connection to apartheid.

I don't know... T'Challa has dated 2 women in his 50 year history, and the first one lasted 30 years. Is that really having a fetish? Hudlin explained that if Storm wasn't available his plan was to have T'Challa marry a Wakandan woman, and Priest had T'Challa and Nakia in a Bruce/Selina angle. Now Coogler has Nakia as the cinematic significant other.

Which is consistent with his father because wasn't T'Chaka's first wife, N'Yami (BP's actual mother) Wakandan? Like father like son? lol

I think the fetish angle is some nonsense some idiots in the past year rolled with to supplement a theory that T'Challa doesn't want to be king or like Wakanda much. But now here he is.. wanting to be king and having a Wakandan love interest. Is that weird?

I don't know... T'Challa has dated 2 women in his 50 year history, and the first one lasted 30 years. Is that really having a fetish? Hudlin explained that if Storm wasn't available his plan was to have T'Challa marry a Wakandan woman, and Priest had T'Challa and Nakia in a Bruce/Selina angle. Now Coogler has Nakia as the cinematic significant other.

Which is consistent with his father because wasn't T'Chaka's first wife, N'Yami (BP's actual mother) Wakandan? Like father like son? lol

I think the fetish angle is some nonsense some idiots in the past year rolled with to supplement a theory that T'Challa doesn't want to be king or like Wakanda much. But now here he is.. wanting to be king and having a Wakandan love interest. Is that weird?
    He dated Ross's boss Nikki in college also.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    He did date Malaika in vol. 2, so Wakandan women weren't totally shut out. He had at least one Wakandan girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Pretty sure Tchakas' first wife is Wakanda. Ramonda is South African to make a connection to apartheid.

T'Chaka: N'Yami

T'Challa: Nakia

Great taste in women, in my humble opinion.

Like father, like son indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    All I'm gonna say is that there's some way that Warmonger gets his own panther suit.

And there's some way that he always knows where to be to twart T'Challa

and there's some way he knew where Klaw was to free him.

He's being fed information. The betrayer is probably going to be Nakia.
    The trailer shows Kilmonger viciously attacking Nakia so I doubt it.

That would be a crazy twist though

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Yessir. I'm always on the fence with that one since that wasn't something we actually got to see much of other than a flashback splash page, or ever heard about until 30 years into his mytho has a throw in. But technically, it is admissible evidence.

Technically BP had harems of women that he was running through, which count as well but ...ahhhhh idk. The simplicity of Silk gushing over him... or Shang Chi's sister trying to get on the roster, <-- i prefer the show rather than tell approach, if that makes sense.

he was very dangerous. I'm just personally not a fan of enhanced/monster Klaw
    The J-man