Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She already came back. That was my point. They had Hela kill her and Proxima Midnight (who killed Shuri) and now they're back because some other writer wanted to use them.
    Wow, a death god failed to kill someone. You'd think if anyone would k ow whether or not she got the job done it would be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Really? What is she in now?
    Avengers: No Surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Avengers: No Surrender.
    Cool. Somebody put the word out. It's swan hunting season. lol

Cool. Somebody put the word out. It's swan hunting season. lol
    The sad thing is that it's almost no big deal to kill any of the Black Order now. I it ally each almost seemed Avenger level on their own, but by Secret Wars they were pretty much fodder. It's a shame because they started out so beastly.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I have to agree with every thing in this post except the part about Storm apologizing to BP. I think there's more than enough for Storm to apologize for. She and T'Challa both betrayed one another in a sense. And as of right now, BP is the only one to express his regrets about betraying his spouse. He deserves that from Storm too. But everything else I whole-heartedly agree with. Let the light of The Bright Lady shine! And I'm so happy that Coates has reunited Damisa-Sarki and Hadari Yao! Bless his heart.

Now you and Kyss know damn well that I can't be in complete agreement with the both of you. You two makes some very valid points. I'm over here screaming at both of these posts. Y'all better tell the damn truth!
    what did storm do in the marriage that required her to apologize?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-22-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The sad thing is that it's almost no big deal to kill any of the Black Order now. I it ally each almost seemed Avenger level on their own, but by Secret Wars they were pretty much fodder. It's a shame because they started out so beastly.
    The only one who got jobbed was swan when she got killed by starlord. All the others still were formidable. So I don't agree with that a all

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The only one who got jobbed was swan when she got killed by starlord. All the others still were formidable. So I don't agree with that a all
    I wouldn't say they were jobbed per say... but by Secret Wars they were beaten pretty quickly and in some instances completely off panel. I won't say they're not still formitable, but any aura they might have initially had is pretty much gone.

In part I think it's a case of the characters creators not being around to really protect them. But even Hickman basically had COrvus and Proxima beaten and captured off panel in Secret Wars.

But there's still time to build them back up again I suppose. Hopefully they do because they were a fun group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what did storm do in the marriage that required her to apologize?
    For starters? I think she should apologize for putting the X-Men before her marriage, most notably, Cyclops. I remember someone posting a scan where Storm tells T'Challa not to "blame Scott." That sounds to me like BP already felt like her loyalty to him was secondary to her loyalties to Scott. Her characterization during that period certainly supports that thinking. Storm chose Cyclops at every turn. The fact that she chose to follow Cyclops or Wolverine and not form her own faction was very problematic. To say the least. It could be viewed that she chose to run back to the X-men to be closer to Scott. I'm just saying... what did the X-Men really have to offer her other than being Cyclops' lackey or Emma's whipping toy? So she left her husband's side to be around people that didn't respect him or her decision to marry him. This all happens in the pages of Astonishing, the book where she makes her "triumphant" return to the X-fold under Warren Ellis. This is the same writer that had her flirting with Cyclops in the kitchen while wearing nothing but a towel. And he also has Wolverine calling Storm and her husband terrible people because "all African heads of state are all the same." And this was set before we get anywhere close to AvX. As we get closer that disaster of an event, we have Storm constantly choosing Cyclops again. She chose his side in schism. She chose to stay with him in Gillen's X-tinction team. It's even weirder because she says she wanted to go with Wolverine, but she chose Cyclops anyway? She may have said she was angry with Scott or disapproved of his actions. But by her own actions she showed way, way, way more loyalty to him than she did her own husband. If we really analyze her behavior, her affair with Wolverine was as much about Cyclops as it was about T'Challa. Cause, peep game, when AvX finally hit she chose the X-Men (Cyclops by default) over BP AGAIN. I honestly feel she was broken hearted that BP annulled their marriage. But I think that she was even more hurt that her decisions could be interpreted as her being in love with Scott more than her husband. Her coming to that realization, I feel, is the root cause for her distaste for Cyclops. She sees him and she's reminded that she showed him the loyalty a wife shows her husband. Storm was very much a factor in the annulment of her marriage.

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty sure I was one of the people that were in Black Swan shipping thing but it was a joke that was lead by the "I dig crazy chicks" t-shirts and the other half just liked her character design. I don't anybody actually wants her and T'challa to have anything serious, I know I don't. I feel partially responsible for this chaos that this has caused and this entire time I've just been sat here like:

I missed the monthly "who should be T'challa's next love interest talk" and I'm actually disappointed. I think that we're going to have started tweeting Coates about this because someone has to resolve it.

Quicks add: I think that people just don't care who he's with as long as it's someone else because his relationship with Ororo and the X-Men is basically that scene in Scarface where Tony's dancing with Elvira. Black Swan wouldn't be ideal but Coates run lends credence to those shippers considering T'challa's made friends with dictators, the Dora's and that suicide bomber that got his mother. Saying "T'challa wouldn't like that person because they killed Wakandans" just isn't a good argument anymore considering he doesn't care about concequences anymore.
    Last edited by phumgano; 10-22-2017 at 06:11 PM.

BANNED

I missed it too. I vow not to miss another!

Invincible Member

Bring Back Monica Lynn! Dammit!

Or what was her name from the Liss run...Sophia?

BANNED

Last time we saw her wasn't she bringing the house down with a sad love song at the news of the royal engagement?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Last time we saw her wasn't she bringing the house down with a sad love song at the news of the royal engagement?
    Storm collected those tears to add to her wedding champagne later. lol

BANNED

Storm collected those tears to add to her wedding champagne later. lol
    Lmao yes! I imagine Storm to be that petty! BTW guys I made a thread to discuss theor annulment so as not to clutter up his appreciation thread. I messed up and forgot to do the poll, though. Lol I hope you guys are up to discussing it with me there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Bring Back Monica Lynn! Dammit!

Or what was her name from the Liss run...Sophia?
    Sofija to be precise.

Croatia's deadliest waitress.

Now she was a true ride or die chick with no divided loyalties.