Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like his partnership with Manifold, anyone else a fan of this dynamic?
    Not really. Mostly because Eden is just there with no real character development. He is an outsiders window to Wakanda, but he just shows up to teleport people. He is an underpaid Uber driver.
    Now if he had sparring sessions with BP or Dora/Hatute and walked around the cities so we could see what he sees then we could have something. You could sacrifice 1/3 of Coates' poetic drivel and give it to Eden for character development.

Even Dr. Voodoo was chilling with the WK shamans when he visited Wakanda.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm glad the BP book found Manifold a home.
    Yeah, that's the best reason to be glad he's here. If not, I feel like he'd be dead like the rest of the Secret Warriors.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not really. Mostly because Eden is just there with no real character development. He is an outsiders window to Wakanda, but he just shows up to teleport people. He is an underpaid Uber driver.
    Now if he had sparring sessions with BP or Dora/Hatute and walked around the cities so we could see what he sees then we could have something. You could sacrifice 1/3 of Coates' poetic drivel and give it to Eden for character development.

Pretty much this. He is a glorified Uber driver with no Character development and what is Worse is he took feats away from Tchalla (needing Eden to save Shuri and giving some BS speech about not being good enough, randomly needing Eden to use his KotD power) and takes away his tech and honestly Coates isn't doing anything with it. Seriously why is Eden still there is what I ask Everytime he appears.

And that is the writers fault

I strongly agree, but I think between Hickman and Coates Manifold has become integral to the BP mythos and hopefully he'll be fleshed out in other mediums as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I strongly agree, but I think between Hickman and Coates Manifold has become integral to the BP mythos and hopefully he'll be fleshed out in other mediums as well.
    Hickman and Coates use him as a vehicle and nothing else. He has had Zero development from Hickman using till now. Tell me what have we learned about him at all?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Cyclops calling Ororo's loyalty to the X-men into question in relation to her being Queen of Wakanda, was just another sly dig at her marriage and relationship to Wakanda by another X-writer furthermore illustrated why I would prefer the X-books and their insipid drama as far away from the BP mythos as possible.

A sensible writer would have used Worlds Apart as an opportunity to make the X-verse less insular as well as in the process opened up more avenues for entertaining stories featuring the X-Men and T'Challa working together harmoniously.

Instead it was divisive business as usual which seems to be the staple whenever the X-verse collides with the rest of the shared universe MU.
    I disagree that Cyclops questioning Storm's loyalties was in and of itself a dig at the marriage. That was a legitimate concern, and a very real accusation used as justification on these very message boards for why their marriage could never work. Yost made it very clear that Storm intended to dispell those false accusations and the limits they placed upon her. It was subsequent writers that came and pissed on his work with Storm and BP in WAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this narrative the xoffices never showed black panther love is false:

also by the end of the world apart story both Cyclops and tchalla were joking and laughing with each other.
    I don't think the argument is that there were NO positive portrayals of BP or his marriage to Storm. The real argument is that the negative far and away eceed the positive. That's the problem. For every positive there's at least ten negatives. I personally look at Storm returning to the X-men to fund them with T'Challa's money is a positive within itself. It shows how much he cares about the causes near and dear to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    You're of course entitled to your opinion but at the end of the day, a few posted panels does not make up for the multitudinous level of shade thrown towards T'Challa and Ororo's marriage by the X-Office.

Reginald Hudlin at least, had the common decency to have both Namor and Logan actively involved in T'Challa's bachelor party/stag do in a manner that was both classy and respectful to all characters involved.

Contrast that against the aforementioned X-Office using both Namor and Logan to chump T'Challa out during Age of X, AvX and the aftermath of AvX.

Nothing remotely false about that at all.

Peace.
    Pretty much this...
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    for all the trash people believe tchalla received in books owned by the xoffices, ororo has gotten it 100x worse. one of the many and most recent grievances being she couldn't even effectively get rid of a cloud when she controls the weather. so I'm not saying I like the xoffices as I think they have done a big disservice to her and I want her gone from the xbooks as well. however, that post was demonstrating that all of it hasn't been bad (as that is also true of how ororo has been characterized). trying to add context and if people believe all is bad that wouldn't be true because it hasn't all been that way.
    I dare anyone to point out the lie here, though. School 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, that's the best reason to be glad he's here. If not, I feel like he'd be dead like the rest of the Secret Warriors.
    Sadly a lot of the Hickman characters and concepts he sprinkled into the MU have had difficultly finding homes for themselves after Secret Wars. I guess that's not uncommon though. Eden at least found himself a life raft in Wakanda. For now, that's probably as good as it's gonna get for him. Still hoping hoping he finds his way on an Avengers team though.

I do like how Coates created a sort of double team move between T'Challa's soul tracking and Edens teleportion. Sort of creates a form of instant transmition. That's a fun little power stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hickman and Coates use him as a vehicle and nothing else. He has had Zero development from Hickman using till now. Tell me what have we learned about him at all?
    Not a whole lot in the main BP book, but he got a bit of background info on him in the Crew.

Lexus Introduces Two New Vehicles Inspired by Marvel Studios' "Black Panther" Ahead of SEMA 2017

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- When a Super Hero is your muse, the results can be amazing. And Lexus is proving just that with two new vehicles inspired by its team-up with Marvel Studios' "Black Panther"—a 2018 LC Inspiration Series production car and a concept coupe dubbed the Black Panther Inspired LC. As previously announced, Lexus and Marvel have collaborated to pair the 2018 Lexus LC 500 with Marvel's dynamic Black Panther character in the highly anticipated film, Marvel Studios' "Black Panther," in U.S. theaters Feb. 16, 2018.

The Black Panther Inspired LC concept coupe is a celebration of the Black Panther and Wakanda itself—complete with a powertrain that gets an extra boost from vibranium, the mythical ore found only in the Black Panther’s home of Wakanda.The limited-edition 2018 Lexus LC Inspiration Series features an exclusive deeply saturated, iridescent Structural Blue color.
    The limited-edition 2018 Lexus LC Inspiration Series features an exclusive deeply saturated, iridescent Structural Blue color. This vehicle is the first in a succession of Inspiration Series vehicles Lexus plans to create for each of its flagship models.

"The Inspiration Series takes our flagship products and makes them even more exclusive and distinguished," said Brian Bolain, general manager, Lexus marketing. "Our collaboration with Marvel Studios' 'Black Panther' features a technologically advanced blue LC and was the perfect inspiration for the first car in the Series."

Separately, the Black Panther Inspired LC concept coupe is a celebration of the Black Panther and Wakanda itself—complete with a powertrain that gets an extra boost from vibranium, the mythical ore found only in the Black Panther's home of Wakanda.

"With this vehicle," Bolain added, "we took the LC Inspiration Series vision one step further into a universe that defies reality."

"This is what it's all about," said Mindy Hamilton, Marvel's SVP of global partnerships & marketing. "We're bringing our two worlds together by letting our imaginations run wild like there are no limits to what's possible. That's what Black Panther and the nation of Wakanda represent in the film, and it's been incredible to work with Lexus as we attempt to re-create that ideology here in our own corner of the universe."**

2018 LC Inspiration Series
    The first vehicle in Lexus' Inspiration Series is a limited-edition 2018 Lexus LC, celebrating the attributes of sophistication, performance and innovation embodied by the Black Panther character, King T'Challa, and his home country of Wakanda. With only 100 slated to be sold in the U.S., the Lexus LC Inspiration Series features a first-of-its-kind paint technique called Structural Blue. Inspired by the morpho butterfly, the paint is developed through an eight-month process. While the paint contains no actual blue pigment, its unique construction reflects blue light and highlights the vehicle's dynamic design and features to produce a compelling motion effect even when parked. A more in-depth look at the technology can be found here.

Additional features of the Inspiration Series LC include:

Unique carbon fiber scuff plate
    Bespoke white interior
    21" forged alloy wheels
    Signature Barneys sommelier set, a limited-edition collection of barware inspired by the vehicle's elegant design
    The Inspiration Series LC will be available in Spring 2018 and pricing will be announced closer to that time.

Black Panther Inspired LC Car
    Fit for a Super Hero who is also a king, this vehicle is part Lexus Takumi craftsmanship, part Wakandan vibranium engineering and all badass.

This concept vehicle incorporates (mythical) vibranium into its very core to provide added boost. Much like Black Panther's uniform, the sheet metal of the Black Panther Inspired LC is reinforced with a layer of vibranium weave, making the vehicle almost entirely bulletproof. Top-secret refinement processes also allow for a self-sustaining fueling component (vibranium-powered core) that enhances the Black Panther Inspired LC's driving dynamics.

Additional features of the Black Panther Inspired LC include:

Pulsating underbody glow
    Side-view mirror design based on a panther's claw with instinctual positioning technology to align with driver's eyeline
    Black Panther mask inlay on hood with vibranium-powered core indicator nodes
    Vibranium-infused self-healing paint treatment
    Customized body-widening kit
    System controlled by unique Wakandan B-CPU (Brain/Computer Interface) creating a symbiotic relationship between the vehicle and its driver
    Remote Pilot Kimoyo Bead Interface allows the Black Panther Inspired LC to be driven remotely from control stations within Birnin Zana

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nothing I said I strongly agree, but for the last couple of years he's been featured in the book's with T'Challa so I don't see that changing. Y'all need to chill.

Nothing I said I strongly agree, but for the last couple of years he's been featured in the book's with T'Challa so I don't see that changing. Y'all need to chill.
    We are chilling. But we can tell the truth at the same time.

We are chilling. But we can tell the truth at the same time.
    What are you talking about?

BANNED

Chill based on what milquetoast standard?

Manuberfest aka Eden the glorified transporter, has had ZERO character development and just sticks out like a sore thumb throbbing.

What are you talking about?
    U said we need to chill. What are u talking about?

I said y'all need to chill because just like the last few posts an argument is trying to be made against someone who said "I STRONGLY AGREE". I was not making an argument. It was wishful thinking. I hope that Manifold would be fleshed out in other mediums. I was not negating anything anyone said. Why does everything have to be about conflict on here? I mean god damn.