I think there would be a large showing of excitement if a Static movie was annouced.

And I think BP is more relatable. We don't have the tech to make a person a cyborg if his level.

But we can train to get close to BP Olympic levels. We can become rich, buy an island and name ourselves King and call it Wakanda. BP has photographic memory, but it is possible to become smart through education.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-15-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Marvel and Square announce a plan to release multiple games based on Marvel character. Dare we hope. lol

https://www.newsarama.com/32898-aven...uare-enix.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious why and in what context people would say Batman is "perfect". Same with Superman. and Wonder Woman. and Captain America.

And why Black Panther is seen on that level (and is isolated by.. detractors.. as a Gary Sue or overpowered...) and why Cyborg isn't seen on that level. But John Stewart would be and was for a few years.

But some people get it and others don't. And that's ok. #blackpanthersolit is really all that matters. I wish Cyborg the best in his future endeavors b/c ultimately we're all black friends here
    Can't be better said

Extraordinary Member

Probably a failed football player his own damn self (without as good of an excuse!)

I'm sure Prowler is more relatable for a lot of folks because Prowler was a failure in life.

But I don't think that's fair to hold that against BP.

"Your day to day life doesn't suck as much as mine T'Challa! I just can't relate to you "

I guess nerdy 5'10 6 pack having Peter Parker with his slew of supermodels and victoria secret looking cat burgler chicks is more relatable for the average 5'7 fat american. But hopefully all the above can find some commonality with Black Panther and still find joy in the character the same way I do.
    I'll do you one better: how do people relate to comic Wolverine?

He's a short, hairy, beer drinking, older than dirt, whore-mongering, animal in human form, killer machine with offspring (and under age female side kicks) all over the place.

Extraordinary Member

T'Challa and Monica Lynne in BP 2

That love triangle gon be ill.

Hopefully no one gets kicked out a plane
    The memories!

I think it's pretty obvious why and in what context people would say Batman is "perfect". Same with Superman. and Wonder Woman. and Captain America.

And why Black Panther is seen on that level (and is isolated by.. detractors.. as a Gary Sue or overpowered...) and why Cyborg isn't seen on that level. But John Stewart would be and was for a few years.

But some people get it and others don't. And that's ok. #blackpanthersolit is really all that matters. I wish Cyborg the best in his future endeavors b/c ultimately we're all black friends here
    instead of throwing hate at Tchalla, cyborg fans should be demanding that he be treated with respect like Tchalla.
    Use him as the foundation for how POC Characters should be treated. Don't hate on him, what's the point of that?

Second movie prelude comic is out.

Issue 2 issue a simple solid comic.

Until I got close to the end it went strait SAVAGE real quick. lol

Makes Hickman look like pacifist. lol

Extraordinary Member

If anything, Cyborg should be a more modern take on one of BP's oldest friends, Ben Grimm.

Cyborg should be written like Grimm.

Despite his appearance, Ben is very relatable, with loads of charm & charisma (yet still being a very tragic character).

DC just does not try hard enough with Victor.

BP and Steve Rogers are the characters fans aspire to be, imo.

Plus, I find them very entertaining when written in character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Marvel and Square announce a plan to release multiple games based on Marvel character. Dare we hope. lol

https://www.newsarama.com/32898-aven...uare-enix.html
    Isn't that an old article from the start of the year?

EDIT: Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Isn't that an old article from the start of the year?

EDIT: Yeah.
    Oh. Newsarama has it on the cover page. lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If anything, Cyborg should be a more modern take on one of BP's oldest friends, Ben Grimm.

Cyborg should be written like Grimm.

Despite his appearance, Ben is very relatable, with loads of charm & charisma (yet still being a very tragic character).

DC just does not try hard enough with Victor.

BP and Steve Rogers are the characters fans aspire to be, imo.

Plus, I find them very entertaining when written in character.
    Frankly you are describing the Wolfman/Perez version of the character to a tee.

People online tend overthink this stuff left right and center.

Look how popular a character like Judge Dredd is worldwide, but I don't think its possible to relate to a character that far over the top.

People can just like the over-the-topness of it (and the ass-kicking).

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Can't be better said
    Most things I say, you say better. Stop being so modest all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    instead of throwing hate at Tchalla, cyborg fans should be demanding that he be treated with respect like Tchalla.
    Use him as the foundation for how POC Characters should be treated. Don't hate on him, what's the point of that?
    Exactly. I use T'Challa as a standard and expectation for how I demand John Stewart be treated.

Ultimately Cyborg is a victim but Black Panther isn't the culprit, more like an affordable care program leading ground breaking research to help patients like Cyborg, Stewart and Static suffering from the effects of white supremacitis. Cyborg is a more extreme case, he's even lost body parts, but ultimately he's still black, and we're all black friends, so we need to stick together.

He's a short, hairy, beer drinking, older than dirt, whore-mongering, animal in human form, killer machine with offspring (and under age female side kicks) all over the place.
    Wolverine is a reprehensible little bugger

BANNED

He’s the ultimate white wish fulfillment