Y'all realize this means we can get a Black Panther vs. Predator book now right?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Y'all realize this means we can get a Black Panther vs. Predator book now right?
    Yeah, I forgot about that part of the deal. I wonder if this majorly screws over poor Dark Horse comics down the line.

But yeah.... Black Panther vs Predator would be pretty darn awesome.

Black Panther vs. Predator: Techno Jungle written by Brandon McKinnis.

I thought it up, so #### it I'm writing it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Black Panther vs Predator? How about NO. Don't want Disney ruining one of my favorite franchises. KEEP Marvel characters in MARVEL FILMS and non-Marvel characters in non-Marvel films!

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Black Panther vs Predator? How about NO. Don't want Disney ruining one of my favorite franchises. KEEP Marvel characters in MARVEL FILMS and non-Marvel characters in non-Marvel films!
    I'm talking about as a comic. Disney is definitely going to pull Dark Horse's license.

I suggested Reggie Hudlin write it on twitter a few minutes ago and he just retweeted.

Hopefully the idea gains some traction.
    Pull List:

I'm talking about as a comic. Disney is definitely going to pull Dark Horse's license.
    Yeah, we've seen these sort of cross overs in comics for decades. Batmans' probably fought Predator 2 or 3 times already. Maybe now marvel can get in there more.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, we've seen these sort of cross overs in comics for decades. Batmans' probably fought Predator 2 or 3 times already. Maybe now marvel can get in there more.
    Since they don't seem all that interested in continuing Aliens as a franchise (well that may change), they would be AWESOME in the Marvel universe.

The Brood were always sort of Xeno-knockoffs to me anyway. Might as well use the real deal.
    Pull List:

I suggested Reggie Hudlin write it on twitter a few minutes ago and he just retweeted.

Hopefully the idea gains some traction.

Prefer Predators/Yautja, Aliens, Star Wars, etc to stay out the main Marvel U.

Prefer Predators/Yautja, Aliens, Star Wars, etc to stay out the main Marvel U.
    It's relatively harmless when this sort of cross overs happen, since they're usually non Canon stuff anyways.

Heck, Punisher had a cross over with Archie once upon a time. It's all in good fun, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

It's relatively harmless when this sort of cross overs happen, since they're usually non Canon stuff anyways.

Heck, Punisher had a cross over with Archie once upon a time. It's all in good fun, as long as you don't take it too seriously.
    As long as its non-canon then no problem.

A great crossover with Archie.
    Pull List:

A great crossover with Archie.
    It's a shame we never got that Wolverine/Jug Head spin off the book teased.

Invincible Member

I remember hearing his interview for Deathstroke(a character I like) and Priest was going on how he didn't want to be known as a "black writer" to get boxed in. Yeah, he wants more "freedom" it seems.
    I think CP's situation is a little unique. Keep in mind that a generation ago Priest was writing stories for Marvel/DC A-List characters, but after BP, all they offered him was black characters as if all of a sudden he couldn't do anything else. So, I kind of get him being a little salty. It's like he'd already had proven himself then they sent him back to the back of the bus.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    That interview with Priest is kind of....eh...

His downright enthusiasm for writing white characters, unless he was being sarcastic, is deplorable....

He was LITERALLY thanking DC for letting him write white heroes. Ridiculous

And the ONE thing I always never liked about his Panther run was the focus on Everett Ross as the white man’s totem. Hated it as a kid. Hate it now. It’s the primary reason why I prefer Hudlin’s run as Hudlin was unapologetic about his Black Panther taking his OWN story and his OWN blackness into his OWN hands...

Black artists shouldn’t be going out of their way to curry favor with white people. First and foremost it doesn’t work. Even though Priest’s run was critically acclaimed, it still suffered low sales. Tap dancing for white people at Best makes you a sell out who eats the scraps from the white man’s hand. Or at worse a Step N Fetchit, the kind of black person who only gains noteriety through stereotype.
    I kind of think that's the oppose of what Priest is doing though. Otherwise he'd take whatever they gave him and not criticize.

It's like when Eddie Murphy first blew up decades ago, he said something to the effect of, "I want to pick the right projects, I'm not going to be doing guest shots on 'Gimme A Break' just cause they ask me."

Panther needs his own video game. I wonder when this is going to happen. Stealth plus plenty of action.