Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that cover looks pretty nice
    Still going with my theory Ras is Achebe.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I liked the Nighthawk series too but the political edges on the character made it difficult for him to make it in the industry. And there were definitely butthurt people out there claiming it was anti-white the same way they make those accusations at BP and the Crew and even the WoW book. It clearly wasn't, but when people are already in a certain mindset they tend to look for things that aren't there smh.
    I took back what I said. Walker NEEDS to stay as far away. lol.

And he killed off the character for no reason like something outta Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    An African writer should definitely be brought to work with the franchise at some point. As a Nigerian myself, I know that there's a blossoming comic industry there with lots of young talent. BP would benefit from having a writer that intimately knows what's happening across the Atlantic in terms of food, music, fashion, etc. to add to his character and potential stories. As a character, he transcends his origins as a hero meant to elevate the minds and aspirations of just black Americans. He's an icon and should be able to take contributions from all across the diaspora. Ideally, it would be nice to have his writers reflect that. Comic Republic, a Lagos-based company, could provide a lot of good writers like Akintoba Kalejaye.
    Yeah, I notice Nigeria has a growing comicbook industry. I feel an African writer would make Wakanda come off as organically African and not botching it like what Coates is doing. I feel he/she would incorporate real African cultural elements that would further develop the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I also took the Red Lion character by Priest as a slap towards Coates Panther.
    Priest called Coates BP book "brilliant" so I sort of doubt he was slapping Coates work. He was critical of the MCU Civil War BP though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Priest called Coates BP book "brilliant" so I sort of doubt he was slapping Coates work. He was critical of the MCU Civil War BP though.
    Why was he critical of MCU Black Panther?

Extraordinary Member

When this current cluster-funk run on BP ends, I might be interested enough to read a Coates penned limited series starring....wait for it.....J. C. Pennysworth!!!!!

Since you guys are talking about Nighthawk.....

Apparently Coates left twitter. Does anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Apparently Coates left twitter. Does anyone know why?
    ALT and Cornel forced him off by making Twitter suspend his account. Coates is nothing more than a twitter activist.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    WHAT the WHAT..!!! He said this about Coates! Okay dude missed me on that one. I do remember Priest being a jerk about Panther movie, his reasoning and explanation is still suspect. Is dude THAT hateful about writing black characters that he throws love at anyone else seemingly doing the same thing.

This is why us Black Panther fans gotta unify and push Coates off this book. What happened to that petition? Because I DID sign it. And if the sales continue to drop and Marvel sees it they would know that Coates run is not working. Hope Redjack tries his chances again...
    Honestly I knew nothing would come from it. I think Redjack will try again of the BP Avengers solo is a smash hit, which o think ot will be

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    WHAT the WHAT..!!! He said this about Coates! Okay dude missed me on that one. I do remember Priest being a jerk about Panther movie, his reasoning and explanation is still suspect. Is dude THAT hateful about writing black characters that he throws love at anyone else seemingly doing the same thing.
    Xpac is taking it out of context. Priest has been essentially saying the same thing about Coates fro. The get go. Aka he's professional and he is t going to bash another writer in an interview. He is very vague and says Coates is doing a I'm take unique of his own. He is t praising him or lauding him with how great he is. I. The same interview he talks up how excited he is for the BP movie as well

I swear Priest is a good writer but this guy comes off confusing at times. The freaking MCU Black Panther is BASED off HIS run.

I wouldn't say Priest was being a jerk about Civil War BP ... just perhaps a tad nit picky.

As far as liking Coates work, obviously this is all subjective. Coogler is on record as saying Coates is his favorite writer. People like what they like.

Incredible Member

I took back what I said. Walker NEEDS to stay as far away. lol.

And he killed off the character for no reason like something outta Bendis.

Yeah, I notice Nigeria has a growing comicbook industry. I feel an African writer would make Wakanda come off as organically African and not botching it like what Coates is doing. I feel he/she would incorporate real African cultural elements that would further develop the mythos.
    Isn’t the current writer of the BP mini African?

Extraordinary Member

Ironically enough, Coates' BP reminds me of how Ross perceived T'Challa during the first arc of the Priest run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm not going to lie. I'm actually pretty excited for this.
    I'm not trying to get too hyped but I like what on reading so far. Hopefully the writing matches the art
    I mean the solicit specifically. They should have left out the second paragraph and kept the part about WS. Its like a solicit for Batman year one saying "will batman be killed on his first night out?" lol