Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's not a promo book, it's a guide to everything BP. In fact Coates stuff should be on the smaller spectrum because priest and hudlin did the majority of the heavy lifting
    Sure. Which is why it shouldn't ignore previous runs like I said. All I'm saying is that is common sense to try and get people to read the present run. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the matter.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

It's not a promo book, it's a guide to everything BP. In fact Coates stuff should be on the smaller spectrum because priest and hudlin did the majority of the heavy lifting
    I agree 100%

As long as it has blurbs on all significant stories, characters(people with multiple appearances and speaking lines), locations, and equipment will meet the standard of a "DK" guide book.

DK books are usually pretty sterile. Basically a visual encyclopedia.

Incredible Member

No. Cannibal was a minor Villain, desturi didn't show up till the power arc when Mayberry was taking over. Cannibal basically exposed the skrulls by accident. That what he ended up doing. He was never a main Villain.

If a writer introduces villains the way Coates has, it's safe to assume they are supposed to be bigger villains, but again, stane and co, Ras, the old gods (who were supposed to be the main villains to start out with) and now Klaw? He has piled on too many villains and there has been Zero development for them just about. Poor writing.

He should of learned the first time in S1 he doesn't juggle multiple plots very well as he brings everything to a grinding halt. We are 9 issue's in, these last 3 issue's we should know all we need to know about the threat and getting ready for the big showdown. Not wondering who the main Villain is still and what are their goals, we should also be finding out what happened to bast
    You don’t need a main villain it’s several antagonist who have teamed up. They haven’t gotten zero development Klaw and Faustus both had issues where they were the focus. And we know enough about Zenzi and Stane.

Cannibal was a main reoccurring villain, not some one shot negative zone threat or some one issue FF guest villain. That plot started in issue 1/2 as they infiltrated the kingdom, she took over BPs cousin and tried something during the wedding but was defeated seemingly on accident right before Secret Invasion.

Three issues left we know everything Azanaia teamed up with Zenzi and Ras to escalate the portal situation and let the originators run amok. They all have their own reasons for doing so and I suspect a double cross from Ras. The only thing really left is Sefako and where the Orishas are? And going by the arc those things will probably tie in together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    As long as it has blurbs on all significant stories, characters(people with multiple appearances and speaking lines), locations, and equipment will meet the standard of a "DK" guide book.

DK books are usually pretty sterile. Basically a visual encyclopedia.

Pretty much as I got a couple DK Spidey books and there are big problems with all of them when it comes to things the book tries to advertise until you go through it buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I can relate to the “don’t lie to me” aspects of shilling for Coates as with both a DK Spidey and Marvel book they had Miles and Kamala all over the front and back covers yet both only ranked barley a full page of info that doesn’t even come close to half a paragraph on their respective wiki pages( Carlie Cooper got a more in depth page than Miles wtf!? )
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 01-01-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Incredible Member

After seeing Ava DuVernays directed ‘Family Feud’ video I wouldn’t mind seeing her take or at least her original pitch on the BP movie.

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    After seeing Ava DuVernays directed ‘Family Feud’ video I wouldn’t mind seeing her take or at least her original pitch on the BP movie.
    I think she would be good if they turned the Blue Marvel miniseries into a movie.

I fuelled the merchandise train. Six inch BP and Killmonger and the Panther/Jet combo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I fuelled the merchandise train. Six inch BP and Killmonger and the Panther/Jet combo.

I think it’s the BP YA novel I got coming tomorrow

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm curious how much McGregor is there: W'Kabi, Taku, Monica (not technically a McGregor invention). I suspect none of the villains will be mentioned besides Killmonger and Preyy (with Malice, if mentioned, being Nakia).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I won't be surprised if Nakia turns out to be evil in the film. She went from ally to antagonist in the comics so it could happen in the film as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I won't be surprised if Nakia turns out to be evil in the film. She went from ally to antagonist in the comics so it could happen in the film as well.
    Don’t think she’ll be evil but she is a spy but occupy a grey area

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    You don’t need a main villain it’s several antagonist who have teamed up. They haven’t gotten zero development Klaw and Faustus both had issues where they were the focus. And we know enough about Zenzi and Stane.

Cannibal was a main reoccurring villain, not some one shot negative zone threat or some one issue FF guest villain. That plot started in issue 1/2 as they infiltrated the kingdom, she took over BPs cousin and tried something during the wedding but was defeated seemingly on accident right before Secret Invasion.

Three issues left we know everything Azanaia teamed up with Zenzi and Ras to escalate the portal situation and let the originators run amok. They all have their own reasons for doing so and I suspect a double cross from Ras. The only thing really left is Sefako and where the Orishas are? And going by the arc those things will probably tie in together.
    Right it's a team of Villains so there doesn't need to be a Main Villain.. There is nothing know about Ras, the most we know about Zenzi is from a 10 page bit in BP WOW, Faustus has been gone since forever, the bit about Faustus was more like a few panels.. but I mean if you like thin Villains with little to no depth then more power to you.

Not gonna lie this variant cover is bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Not gonna lie this variant cover is bad ass

WOW that is fire (no pun intended) that is a good look look at that detail. Wow. Those are done guantlets lol