Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It gets name dropped, although it doesn't appear.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

People got confused because they discuss Wakanda by name right before cutting to the Avengers tracking down Klaw in South Africa, which for some reason is never identified by name.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    People got confused because they discuss Wakanda by name right before cutting to the Avengers tracking down Klaw in South Africa, which for some reason is never identified by name.
    Yeah, add the Wakandan name drop to a story involving Klaw and vibranium and it's makes for an easy mistake. And people were probably also hoping for a Wakanda shot, so in cases it was almost seeing what they wanted to see.

Ultimate Member

They do say that Klaw made it "out of Wakanda," which Klaw confirmed later "at great personal cost." And the text describes his hideout as being "the African coast," not "Wakanda." It'd have been very stupid for Klaw to hide out in the very country that he stole from and then barely escaped.

IDK, it wasn't confusing to me anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Very good to see them have him being such an important player in the MCU. I hope they continue this focus.

Marvel Comics Universe? Your turn.
    So simple, yet.....

Extraordinary Member

I think Wakanda started out as an Easter egg in Iron Man 2.

Yeah, Wakanda first shows up as a blip on Nick Fury's map at the end of Iron Man 2.

If we've got Klaw and Killmonger in the first movie, who will be the villain for BP2? I hope it's not just M'Baku or Malice. That would be a letdown imo. I've got a feeling it may not be a traditional BP villain.

Maybe a return by Zemo in costume?

They're already fighting the Black Order in Infinity War but does that rule out a return visit from Proxima and Black Dwarf?

If we've got Klaw and Killmonger in the first movie, who will be the villain for BP2? I hope it's not just M'Baku or Malice. That would be a letdown imo. I've got a feeling it may not be a traditional BP villain.

They're already fighting the Black Order in Infinity War but does that rule out a return visit from Proxima and Black Dwarf?
    Would be cool if we got Achebe or even Mephisto since Doctor Strange has already been established. Hell, I wouldn’t even be opposed to see what Tetu and Zenzi could do in the hands of writers that actually know what they’re doing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

My guess is that we'll see something new or a remixed version of a different character, especially if M'Baku is making a full face turn between Black Panther and Infinity War. I think at this point, Hunter would seem too similar to the MCU's version of Hela. Klaw with his full powerset is a possibility, or even a deep cut like Baron Macabre. The one thing I don't really want to see is a rehash of the coup/"I want the throne for myself" plot that we're getting in the first film. Give me something fresh.

There's also a real possibility that Namor's rights could return to Marvel before BP 2 gets into production and that we could see some version of Sturm and Drang to introduce Namor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Would be cool if we got Achebe or even Mephisto since Doctor Strange has already been established. Hell, I wouldn’t even be opposed to see what Tetu and Zenzi could do in the hands of writers that actually know what they’re doing.
    Those would be my choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Given that the next BP movie would be taking place after a Thanos invasion, I could imagine some variation of Coates first arc taking place. Which would likely involve Tetu and Zenzi if they go that route.

Extraordinary Member

Achebe could be the roll of a lifetime. Achebe could bring the lol's and the menace, sometimes in the same scene.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think Achebe would be tricky to pull off as we see him in the comic, but I could find some fun ways to make it work. Tetu and Zenzi similarly could be fun. I think, if they're going to threaten Wakanda in a second movie, it has to be a genuinely external threat, not internal. You don't want to run the risk of repeating the first story.

Jungle Action #12 - Blood Stains on Virgin Snow!

This issue starts in a pretty badass way as the Black Panther rides the outside of some kind of futuristic hoverjet. Tayete and Kazibe are going to lead him into the Land of the Chilling Mists. This is the first time I've seen this story in color and the color definitely makes a huge difference. It definitely has this sense of an alien world that they're venturing into.

A lot of the issue focuses on Killmonger's march to the Resurrection Altar where they meet Sombre. We get to learn how King Cadaver got his abilities. The description is creepy, it's about flesh melting away and being remade. On the other hand, it's thematically important. Everyone one of Killmonger's followers has given up their old name and taken a new one. Their revolution is consciously about overthrowing the old order. Anyway, this is interrupted by T'Challa who finds that he is as quickly overwhelmed as he overwhelmed Tayete and Kazibe, who throws him into the Resurrection Altar.

There's a brief interlude when Monica visits the family of the slain local. They, of course, distrust her as an outsider. It specifically references all the outside influences being brought on Wakanda, including "doctors," "hospitals," and, seemingly, indoor lighting. I think it's useful to remember how much of Wakanda's story we take for granted that wasn't yet established by this point.

Anyway, the interlude is useful because we return with the Panther saving himself before getting knocked unconscious by the touch of Sombre. He wakes in the snows being attacked by wolves. Unlike previous fights with animals, I think this one works. It's very much a man fighting for survival against all the elements. He is left to die, if not by the wolves, then by the cold. But he chases them off and it's clear that his resolve has not been weakened at all.

This is an issue where I thought all the elements that have been set up worked. The terrain of Wakanda adds a sense of wonder and terror. Killmonger is threatening and intriguing. The Sci-Fi/supernatural elements are interesting and symbolically important. Even Tayete and Kazibe are fun here. The internal doubt that plagued previous issues is gone, but we're still nowhere closer to victory.

Uniform Tear Count: 5 - It rips when fighting Killmonger and it tears more when fighting wolves.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    My guess is that we'll see something new or a remixed version of a different character, especially if M'Baku is making a full face turn between Black Panther and Infinity War. I think at this point, Hunter would seem too similar to the MCU's version of Hela. Klaw with his full powerset is a possibility, or even a deep cut like Baron Macabre. The one thing I don't really want to see is a rehash of the coup/"I want the throne for myself" plot that we're getting in the first film. Give me something fresh.

There's also a real possibility that Namor's rights could return to Marvel before BP 2 gets into production and that we could see some version of Sturm and Drang to introduce Namor.
    Have it go international all together, Sturm und Drang would be a good one because it's nothing to o with the thrown, or depending on how the 4th Avenger's movie is,
    of it's setting up Secret invasion with super skrulls then that can be a possibility