Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For those who are interested Black Panther vs Batman will be the fight for the upcoming episode of Death Battle in February.
    Big fan of Death Battle. Now before anything else, I do have my complaints. I think the match-up's can be a little one-sided (C'mon, we all knew who was going to win Venom vs. Kingpin and Android 18 vs. Captain Marvel). Judging by the some of the more diehard fans here, Death Battle could research better (Yeah, I'm a little sore over Captain America vs. Batman and Ryu vs. Scorpion). And finally, this is the 3rd match-up that has featured Batman. The 3rd! Holy crap, we've seen Batman's stats several times already!

Still, even when I've disagreed with the outcomes the matches have been fun. (Personal favorites are Terminator vs. Robocop, Ryu Hayabusa vs. Strider Hiryu, Iron Man vs. Lex Luthor, and TJ Combo vs. Balrog.) I'm excited over this match. We've discussed Batman and Black Panther dozens of times on these boards. Furthermore, I'm looking forward to the researchers giving stats on T'Challa and contextualizing that with real world feats. (i.e In real world terms, how much stronger is Vibranium to titanium? How does T'Challa's enhanced speed, strength, and senses compare with the those of the best athletes and fighters in the real world?)

In any case, really pushing for Black Panther!
    Last edited by Tien Long; 01-18-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Anybody use alot of Black Panther on marvel vs capcom?

I'm thinking bp fans must be happy he's in a game like that I bet
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

I did and I should pick it back up

I have mixed feelings about it. I do like the fact that he's in the game and that he even has his own chapter I the story mode.

But I feel the games small roster and so-so overall presentation was somewhat disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But I feel the games small roster and so-so overall presentation was somewhat disappointing.
    Well I think the game will be get more character soon. I'm X-MEN only fan and I still like it. Idk I'm old school so I'm use to small roster like X-MEN: Children of the Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I did and I should pick it back up
    I'd like to fight you on sfv. I subbed your channel
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-18-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Big fan of Death Battle. Now before anything else, I do have my complaints. I think the match-up's can be a little one-sided (C'mon, we all knew who was going to win Venom vs. Kingpin and Android 18 vs. Captain Marvel). Judging by the some of the more diehard fans here, Death Battle could research better (Yeah, I'm a little sore over Captain America vs. Batman and Ryu vs. Scorpion). And finally, this is the 3rd match-up that has featured Batman. The 3rd! Holy crap, we've seen Batman's stats several times already!

Still, even when I've disagreed with the outcomes the matches have been fun. (Personal favorites are Terminator vs. Robocop, Ryu Hayabusa vs. Strider Hiryu, Iron Man vs. Lex Luthor, and TJ Combo vs. Balrog.) I'm excited over this match. We've discussed Batman and Black Panther dozens of times on these boards. Furthermore, I'm looking forward to the researchers giving stats on T'Challa and contextualizing that with real world feats. (i.e In real world terms, how much stronger is Vibranium to titanium? How does T'Challa's enhanced speed, strength, and senses compare with the those of the best athletes and fighters in the real world?)

There is literally no reason for Batman to win unless they pull out some BS. T'Challa has taken on much stronger opponents consistently and his gear is better. He out matches bats in everything except prep and martial arts (as in the difference is so small it's doesn't matter) so there really shouldn't be anything other then a victory for BP

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Unfortunately because of Coates run on the character, they will lean heavily to that version and Batman will win so they don't face any backlash since there are far more Batman fans than BP fans.

Death Battle, not Batinthesun? Cause the latter has some great production and acting. The recent ep was Joker vs Negan which was pretty good.

I do. He's very hard to use but decent. Capcom really didn't give him any of his tools to work with and his moveset is pretty lame and basic. Still happy about his inclusion (although it was scammy DLC)

Mighty Member

Watched Michael B Jordan on ESPN talking about the movie. Nice interview.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There is literally no reason for Batman to win unless they pull out some BS. T'Challa has taken on much stronger opponents consistently and his gear is better. He out matches bats in everything except prep and martial arts (as in the difference is so small it's doesn't matter) so there really shouldn't be anything other then a victory for BP
    Doesn't T'Challa know more forms of martial arts than Bruce? He also was being conditioned to be a warrior around the same age Bruce saw his parents get killed so he has some years on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I do. He's very hard to use but decent.

Usually I only ever pick black ppl in fighting games. So I'm super excited to download him. Hopefully I can learn his move set

How do you think Black Panther opening night will do? Those 7 & 9 pm shows that Thursday?

Spider-Man & Thor were around 15m I think.

I ask this because I getting vibes of winter solider in '14. There's literally nothing in theaters imo. I feel ppl are dieing to see a good movie and only thing is jumanji & star wars (both meh imo)

I think alot of ppl will go just because they haven't seen a flick Inna while. Can black panther get to 17-19m on opening night iyo?

Like usual forecasters are going to underestimate black dollars. It happens every time because most of the people doing that work don't venture into the circles (IRL or Onlnie) where enthusiasm for black-led films is highest.

This movie is going to make a ton of money due to the general comic-flick audience and legs from black filmgoers.

I really don't understand why this happens (Black Filmgoers not being considered), since Black People and black film saved the film industry in the mid 1970s.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Unfortunately because of Coates run on the character, they will lean heavily to that version and Batman will win so they don't face any backlash since there are far more Batman fans than BP fans.
    That's not how Death Battle works. They take the characters at their strongest.