Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Like usual forecasters are going to underestimate black dollars. It happens every time because most of the people doing that work don't venture into the circles (IRL or Onlnie) where enthusiasm for black-led films is highest.

This movie is going to make a ton of money due to the general comic-flick audience and legs from black filmgoers.

I really don't understand why this happens (Black Filmgoers not being considered), since Black People and black film saved the film industry in the mid 1970s.
    It's because after the exploitation trend, the studios figured out that many of those same black people would also go to blockbusters like Jaws and Godfather so the studios were still getting those black dollars. Blockbusters became more and more important so then the excuse became, "Well, minority led films don't do so great overseas." So then their thinking was it ok to have black people in the movie but they couldn't be the leads because it would supposedly alienate part of the larger audience or even when the black man is the lead, he'll often be the only minority because adding a black love interest or support cast makes it a "black" film which is niche product to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Well I think the game will be get more character soon. I'm X-MEN only fan and I still like it. Idk I'm old school so I'm use to small roster like X-MEN: Children of the Atom

I'd like to fight you on sfv. I subbed your channel
    To me fair, the gameplay is solid (as most Capcom fighters are), so my complaints are more nitpicks than anything else. And yes, it is exciting to have BP in the game regardless of all the other issues the game may have. Getting a whole portion of the story mode in Wakanda is kinda neat. So the good outweights the bad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's not how Death Battle works. They take the characters at their strongest.
    Which is why Batman will win. He has had far greater showings in his universe than T'Challa has had in his, due to being his companies golden boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There is literally no reason for Batman to win unless they pull out some BS. T'Challa has taken on much stronger opponents consistently and his gear is better. He out matches bats in everything except prep and martial arts (as in the difference is so small it's doesn't matter) so there really shouldn't be anything other then a victory for BP
    The thing is Batman PROBABLY has more high end showings against stronger opponents. A lot of them are very very very questionable... but nonetheless they exist. Batman is the number two hero in DC... hell, he's probably the number 2 super hero in the entire comic book industry. Maybe even number one, going by overall media. And when you're a company cash cow like that, they'll push you to the mean even if it SOMETIMES doesn't make sense.

Course, I'm not saying he would beat T'CHalla. I'd definitely agree he would win as he has superior physical stats. But he's been consistently written at a very very high level for a very very long time. I don't watch Death Battle enough to judge how they decide who wins, but if they go by feats WITHOUT filtering out the more questionable ones, Batman will be hard to beat.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Apparently some people think that the award Boseman received were orchestrated *cough cough* Grace Randolph

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Doesn't T'Challa know more forms of martial arts than Bruce? He also was being conditioned to be a warrior around the same age Bruce saw his parents get killed so he has some years on him.
    Yes, however, in going based off how DB will look at it,
    that their prep and h2h are nearly equal but the advantage should still go to T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is Batman PROBABLY has more high end showings against stronger opponents. A lot of them are very very very questionable... but nonetheless they exist. Batman is the number two hero in DC... hell, he's probably the number 2 super hero in the entire comic book industry. Maybe even number one, going by overall media. And when you're a company cash cow like that, they'll push you to the mean even if it SOMETIMES doesn't make sense.

Course, I'm not saying he would beat T'CHalla. I'd definitely agree he would win as he has superior physical stats. But he's been consistently written at a very very high level for a very very long time. I don't watch Death Battle enough to judge how they decide who wins, but if they go by feats WITHOUT filtering out the more questionable ones, Batman will be hard to beat.
    Death battle has a way of being very biased, for instance, they had Batman take on Spidey and Spidey spanked that ass, bat fans went ballistic so they did a Batman vs Cap video, and down played Cap hard, saying that he is only adept at different form of h2h while Batman is a master, and said Cap could only lift about 1100 pounds and Batman could lift about 1000 so Their strength was equal, then so other BS.

Point is, on YouTube, there have been other videos with people with more comic book knowledge that have done that fight and everyone of them say Tchalla wins because he is superior on everyway and it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Death battle has a way of being very biased, for instance, they had Batman take on Spidey and Spidey spanked that ass, bat fans went ballistic so they did a Batman vs Cap video, and down played Cap hard, saying that he is only adept at different form of h2h while Batman is a master, and said Cap could only lift about 1100 pounds and Batman could lift about 1000 so Their strength was equal, then so other BS.

Point is, on YouTube, there have been other videos with people with more comic book knowledge that have done that fight and everyone of them say Tchalla wins because he is superior on everyway and it's true
    This is why I usually avoid Rumble threads. People will straight up say that Batman is still not superhuman, but then tout that 1000lb lifting bs and his martial arts skill and I'm like, nope. Give up one of those.

In pure h2h, Steve and T'Challa straight up murder Bruce.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Jungle Action #16 - And All Our Past Decades Have Seen Revolutions

Something I haven't been commenting on recently, but each issue says "Panther's Rage continues." This issue explicitly calls it "Part Eleven." This isn't really a big deal in modern comics, but, for the time, it was unheard of. That's not the most interesting thing of this issue because it also features T'Challa and Monica riding under water on the backs of giant motherfuckin' turtles! There are some nice romantic moments as we get recovery from the previous storm as well as a calm before the storm still to come.

The issue continues with Taku talking to Venomm and W'Kabi coming in to interrogate him. Taku is far and away the most likable character here, so it's really sad when Venomm, the man he thought was his friend, pulls out a knife and holds it to his throat. Even the fight at the end, the Black Panther versus Venomm's venomous snakes has a somber quality as it's resolved by Taku standing by T'Challa's side and forcing Venomm to decide how to act. He ends up withdrawing his snakes to avoid hurting Taku and retreats.

In other news, T'Challa visits Kantu, the son of Karota, and helps him mourn the loss of his father. After all, he lost his father similarly at a young age. It's a small scene, but it's very important for what's to come.

I said this issue is the calm before the storm. The next issue promises the climax. Still, it was very gripping and emotional.

Uniform tear count: No new tears.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Death Battle, not Batinthesun? Cause the latter has some great production and acting. The recent ep was Joker vs Negan which was pretty good.

I would love it if BatInTheSun did it

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I would love it if BatInTheSun did it
    BatInTheSun is cool. Still, it always comes down to fan votes. The creator has stated on his Facebook account that for him any of the contestants could come out on top, so trying to use stats to conjecture a result is moot. That being said, BatInTheSun has a really great actor who plays Batman. Anymore live action Black Panther is a good thing.

For those interested, here is the Death Battle match b/w Batman and Captain America. If you want to hear the makers' reasoning behind their choice you can skip to 12:04:

They basically said that Bats had Cap beat through gadgets, stealth and disarming skills, and being a master of 127 forms of martial arts, The latter...irked me because they said that that trumped Cap merely being "adept" at all of the martial arts styles. To me, that's arguing semantics and splitting hairs.

As far as I'm concerned though, Batman doesn't have T'Challa beat on gadgets and stealth. Not by a long shot. Here's hoping Screwattack takes this into consideration during the fight.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    BatInTheSun is cool. Still, it always comes down to fan votes. The creator has stated on his Facebook account that for him any of the contestants could come out on top, so trying to use stats to conjecture a result is moot. That being said, BatInTheSun has a really great actor who plays Batman. Anymore live action Black Panther is a good thing.

For those interested, here is the Death Battle match b/w Batman and Captain America. If you want to hear the makers' reasoning behind their choice you can skip to 12:04:

They basically said that Bats had Cap beat through gadgets, stealth and disarming skills, and being a master of 127 forms of martial arts, The latter...irked me because they said that that trumped Cap merely being "adept" at all of the martial arts styles. To me, that's arguing semantics and splitting hairs.

As far as I'm concerned though, Batman doesn't have T'Challa beat on gadgets and stealth. Not by a long shot. Here's hoping Screwattack takes this into consideration during the fight.
    Funny thing there is Batman sort of concedes that Cap might be the better fighter 2 out of the 3 times they have fought. Not that I don't buy the argument that Bats gadgets can't get him the win... but the argument that Batman has an advantage in skill I think would be disputed in the actual books where they fight from Batman himself.

But again, it's just one guys opinion. And it's all in good fun, so it's no big deal either way.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

What is everyone favorite Black Panther animated appearance?

I think he was very well done in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Almost certainly Earth's Mightiest Heroes, although I still love the theme song for the BET version.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    What is everyone favorite Black Panther animated appearance?

I think he was very well done in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    One problem I had with EMH is they had him run on all fours when there was no need to. Its like they assemble when villian shows up and he jogs like a cat.