Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty much hope the movie makes people demand a better representation of Tchalla and Wakanda
    That won't happen. However, it is possible that Marvel might publish a second title ( just to cash in) with a different writer. Hopefully that writer will have a better tale on BP.

On the other hand they cancelled The Crew not very long ago, so they might feel the market can't support a BP spin off. I guess we'll find out soon.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-01-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That won't happen. However, it is possible that Marvel might publish a second title ( just to cash in) with a different writer. Hopefully that writer will have a better tale on BP.

On the other hand they cancelled The Crew not very long ago, so they might feel the market can't support a BP spin off. I guess we'll find out soon.
    They're clearly not shy about putting BP material on the shelves, as there's the main book, Rise of the Panther, Long Live the King, and Lexus Soul of the Machine book out there. So whether or not the market can sustain multiple books in the short term at least they're going to keep trying even if it's just minis.

Will Marvel or DC move to release minis as trades instead of monthly? I would try a trade of six issues worth of content, but price it slightly lower than six individual issues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Will Marvel or DC move to release minis as trades instead of monthly? I would try a trade of six issues worth of content, but price it slightly lower than six individual issues.
    I think a lot of people would like to see that. The old model of floppies every month in the direct market just isn't going to last forever.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I would like this. Minis should just come out as trades because they always get over looked and people wait till they're finished anyways.

Extraordinary Member

The Crew had a name artist on it: Jackson Guice and Coates wouldn't have come cheap either.

If Marvel is going insist on flooding the market, they can only do it with creators that aren't at the point yet where they can demand top dollar.

Which is why secondary titles (unless its Spider Man or Batman of course) will almost always be at least drawn by somebody you never heard of before and most likely be
    written by another rookie.

Thing is I'm feel it's not very fair to say he can't support a spin off when the spin off are with people who have no experience with writing comics and subpar artist. Give a BP second series to Redjack and give him a good artist and I bet you it will go past 6 Issues.

But when you put people on the book with zero comic experience and then crappy artists it's destined to fail. Despite being new to comics, Evan Narcisse can potentially pull a Hudlin, the art is beautiful and his story telling so far has been pretty decent.

Give that same artist to Redjack and that's a slam dunk. Marvel has to try though, and not just hire neophytes without any experience or bothering to do research on the mythos and just inserting their fan fiction into a forgettable story that makes Tchalla look bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is I'm feel it's not very fair to say he can't support a spin off when the spin off are with people who have no experience with writing comics and subpar artist. Give a BP second series to Redjack and give him a good artist and I bet you it will go past 6 Issues.

But when you put people on the book with zero comic experience and then crappy artists it's destined to fail. Despite being new to comics, Evan Narcisse can potentially pull a Hudlin, the art is beautiful and his story telling so far has been pretty decent.

Give that same artist to Redjack and that's a slam dunk. Marvel has to try though, and not just hire neophytes without any experience or bothering to do research on the mythos and just inserting their fan fiction into a forgettable story that makes Tchalla look bad
    The thing is, you're really not going to get top talent on a secondary title unless you're talking about a top tier franchise. Black Panther isn't Batman quite yet in that regard.

That said, we'll see how Rise of the Panther does. If that gets even descent sales then maybe that'll transition into a second title.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, you're really not going to get top talent on a secondary title unless you're talking about a top tier franchise. Black Panther isn't Batman quite yet in that regard.

That said, we'll see how Rise of the Panther does. If that gets even descent sales then maybe that'll transition into a second title.
    I'm not talking about getting top tier, to be honest (no offense intended at all) I don't think Redjack would be considered top talent, not that I don't think he is capable of being top tier (he definitely is) but he just hasn't been getting that push on the comic side. Now the BP animated series? Hell ya he is top tier, and I could see him transition that energy into the comics, again give him a good artist and he will crush it. But marvel has to try. Throwing people with Zero comic experience in (they could atleast try for new Actual comic writers) and giving them a shot is just foolish and very rarely works, even with comic writer's it can still fail but there is a better chance at success then someone who doesn't know how to put together a comic script. But your right, as of right now all we can do is wait and hope Evans pulls a Hudlin, which if he keeps improving from issue 1 it's definitely possible

I believe that is the model that Milestone said they were going to use with a title(s). I'm hoping that the Static Shock book is among those to use it. Hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Sometimes putting top talent on second title is the thing needed to get eyes on it. The problem is getting two A-list creators on the same page as far as direction.

Or give total control over both titles to one writer.

But the plot, art and stories have to be good.

For those who like shoes, Marvel's officially partnered with Clarks to bring this limited edition shoe:

Can purchase it here:
    http://www.clarksusa.com/us/inspire-me/black-panther

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    For those who like shoes, Marvel's officially partnered with Clarks to bring this limited edition shoe:

Can purchase it here:
    http://www.clarksusa.com/us/inspire-me/black-panther
    Man they should of put the silver Spike lining the sides.
    Still looks sleek but that would make it that much better

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Hundred bucks plus tax ain’t bad