Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Any idea when this starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wait! Is this not part of Rise of the Black Panther?

You mean when its going to be released?

Then that will be next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Wait! Is this not part of Rise of the Black Panther?
    No this is black panther sound and fury. It's a BP short. It looks fun

You mean when its going to be released?

Then that will be next week.
    Yes abd thank you sir. Has soul of the machine picked up again

Yes abd thank you sir. Has soul of the machine picked up again
    I think the last few issues came out few weeks ago.

They are fine. Nothing groundbreaking but they are fun reads.

I think the last few issues came out few weeks ago.

They are fine. Nothing groundbreaking but they are fun reads.
    Fun is all I need to know. The first few issue's were fun.
    Odd and fun, so I'm glad the redt are good. I really liked Redjacks issues for sure. Dude can write BP

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Fifteen Days until the Movie!

Marvel Comics Presents #23 - Panther's Quest (Part 11) - The Official Version

I feel Don McGregor has done as much research into the effects of jagged metal digging into someone's leg as he has on South African politics and culture. Seriosuly, we're talking pages about how to fix the problem, how pulling up will just drive the metal shard into bone, and how his skin is a bloody pulp that will certainly leave a scar. It's very, very detailed and sounds very painful.

However, we do actually get quite some movement on this story. T'Challa talks once again to Patrick Slade's wife. He sets up another meeting. He then returns to his ship so he can take care of all the bloody wounds (including the bullet wound I had frankly forgotten about). During this time, he listens to the South African broadcast speculating whether T'Challa is an agent of the communists come to destabilize the whole regime. Of course, T'Challa didn't come with the goal to do any of that - he just wanted to find his mother.

I'm glad to see we finally get a story where the plot progresses. It's not just going from one cliffhanger jeopardy to another. Progress is still only incrimental, but it's reasonable to think that we'll see more again next issue.

Costume Tear Count: Same tear with the metal shard, but perhaps a bit more pronounced. Presumably, the gloves on his fingers were damaged as well when his fingers started bleeding while trying to slowly lower the shard until it was removed
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Possibly making $150+ million President's Day weekend
    http://variety.com/2018/film/box-off...gs-1202684191/

Article on the trolls trying to downplay the movie, but more importantly, this sentence:
    The movie is generating keen interest, with one major tracking service now predicting a $130 million-plus domestic debut. Other box-office observers believe that number could even climb to $150 million.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1081081

So yeah, tracking seems to be looking at a $130m 3-day and a $150m 4-day.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Possibly making $150+ million President's Day weekend
    http://variety.com/2018/film/box-off...gs-1202684191/
    Wow. I'm intentionally trying to keep my expectations down just in case... better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. But it's getting harder and harder to do, since every indication we're seeing is that this movie is going to debut massive. Fingers crossed that when all is said and done this crosses the billion dollar mark. If it can do that, the character can literally coast on that for the rest of his existence. If BP can make a freaking billion dollars for marvel and Disney, he's good to go.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Article on the trolls trying to downplay the movie, but more importantly, this sentence:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1081081

So yeah, tracking seems to be looking at a $130m 3-day and a $150m 4-day.
    have actual reviews started coming out yet from professional critics? ive seen a few and they all were good ratings but these were from people who went to the red carpet showing.

it sounds like this movie is on the way to do big things which is really great for the cast and especially coogler. he is so young and its impressive to see him getting this seemingly well received response to his film.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-01-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have actual reviews started coming out yet from professional critics? ive seen a few and they all were good ratings but these were from people who went to the red carpet showing.

it sounds like this movie is on the way to do big things which is really great for the cast and especially coogler. he is so young and its impressive to see him getting this seemingly well received response to his film.
    Most of the reactions came from critics. The full review embargo lifts on Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Official reviews will be allowed on 2/6/2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Most of the reactions came from critics. The full review embargo lifts on Tuesday.
    I was just thinking about that, and it's nuts how good Disney is at keeping their properties in the news cycle. As Black Panther's premiere hype was starting to fade just a tad, they announced that the first Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer will drop on Monday on Good Morning America, and they have three superbowl spots. Then Black Panther reviews drop Tuesday, and then the Kendrick Lamar/TDE album on the 9th. And then sometime between now and the 16th, we should be getting another trailer for Infinity War, unless they're saving that for A Wrinkle in Time in March.