Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm seeing an argument for why we could, I'm not seeing an argument for why we should.
    Because, just like the rest of the of cast, of Coates wants the movie to move people too he comics you need to show what the people expect to see. Not pet Characters taking up important roles or over shadowing more important supporting Characters, no x Characters or other out of franchise Characters taking up important roles of actual supporting cast. Millions are about to be inspired by the movie. If they pick up the title and see none of the characters they saw in the movie/ Characters they did see being nothing like the MCU.. they will drop the book hard.

Outback steakhouse doesn't show steaks on TV then serve fish sticks when you go in to eat

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Movies don't draw people to the comics and certainly Nakia isn't going to be the make or break character.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because, just like the rest of the of cast, of Coates wants the movie to move people too he comics you need to show what the people expect to see. Not pet Characters taking up important roles or over shadowing more important supporting Characters, no x Characters or other out of franchise Characters taking up important roles of actual supporting cast. Millions are about to be inspired by the movie. If they pick up the title and see none of the characters they saw in the movie/ Characters they did see being nothing like the MCU.. they will drop the book hard.

Outback steakhouse doesn't show steaks on TV then serve fish sticks when you go in to eat
    Well, the sad fact is that millions of people will go see the BP movie but most of those people will not be inspired to check out the comics. A small fraction will and they'll buy some trades somewhere. And some of those folks will set foot in an actual comic book store to buy a couple of the singles. But the movies have a small effect on the sales of singles...the movie audience doesn't see the movies and flood the LCS then get turned off when the comic isn't the same.

I mean, BP is a little special historically than say Iron Man, so if the sales of the monthly might go up a bit, but I guarantee you the the singles won't mirror the movie crowd.

I think the "Storm and BP a bad idea?" thread is a good enough reason.

Doesn't have to be Nakia she is just an option. But a character within the BPs universe former or original is needed.

I don't think digging up 3 limbo Characters for one issue is doing a good job
    His supporting cast is larger now than it's ever been, so slowly but surely the kids of his supporting cast is being corrected.

This brings up a interesting point. How many true supporting characters does a main character need? By supporting I assume they make an appearance at least once every two/three issues. Otherwise they're just characters who are lucky to have names. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anybody bought the soundtrack yet? how about it?

A definite must buy or listen

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This brings up a interesting point. How many true supporting characters does a main character need? By supporting I assume they make an appearance at least once every two/three issues. Otherwise they're just characters who are lucky to have names. lol
    It's not really an issue of need, per say. Technically the BP book didn't NEED Wakabi and Zuri, for example. That's probably why previous authors were okay killing them off.

But having a larger ensemble cast which the main characters can interact with gives more depth and texture to their world.it just makes things more interesting when different voices are added to the mix.

BANNED

I expect the supporting cast will continue to grow. People went crazy over Coates' Black Panther when it first debuted, and the exposure to said characters on the big screen will draw in fans both new and old. I imagine that with time, characters from the film like Nakia, Okoye, Killmonger and M'Baku will be reintroduced, especially as Wakanda continues to grow.

With the possibility of multiple titles featuring Black Panther, it's likely more characters with ties to T'Challa and Wakanda will resurface too. Even now, the mystery of the Planet of Bast has yet to be addressed, and over in X-Men Red, an alliance has been established between mutants and the nation of Wakanda. Furthermore, Gentle, a mutant of Wakandan descent, is a key part of that cast.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hell, speaking of supporting casts, I've been adamant in my belief that they should bring back Taku. He's a character that fell into such security that he just survived the purges of all other major characters. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some spotlight.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Taku in the tech jungle watching all this foolishness on the monitors with a big tub if popcorn. lol

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not really an issue of need, per say. Technically the BP book didn't NEED Wakabi and Zuri, for example. That's probably why previous authors were okay killing them off.

But having a larger ensemble cast which the main characters can interact with gives more depth and texture to their world.it just makes things more interesting when different voices are added to the mix.
    Yeah no that's not the case at all. Having a core cast is much better then having a large group of little depth, easily forgotten cast. That has been a Issue with BP is writers adding more Characters to the supporting cast rather then using existing ones. I would rather read about Shuri, Okoye, Nakia W'kabi, Zuri, Ramonda and S'yan as the main supporting cast then have a bunch of nobodies in the crowd for the sake of a big cast. Hell it's easy for writers to have a hard time balancing team books with 5-7 Characters and giving them shine. So a massive cast is just dumb

Yeah no that's not the case at all. Having a core cast is much better then having a large group of little depth, easily forgotten cast. That has been a Issue with BP is writers adding more Characters to the supporting cast rather then using existing ones. I would rather read about Shuri, Okoye, Nakia W'kabi, Zuri, Ramonda and S'yan as the main supporting cast then have a bunch of nobodies in the crowd for the sake of a big cast. Hell it's easy for writers to have a hard time balancing team books with 5-7 Characters and giving them shine. So a massive cast is just dumb
    It's all well and good to have a small tight core cast, until another author comes along one day and kills off half of them . So it's nice to have a few extra on the sidelines just in case.

But the point bring haVing these other characters exist, even if they aren't used regularly (and you can argue Shura is the only one who really falls into that category), means they are there if theyare there if there's a need for them in a story. Giving the title character friends, family, other allies etc is part of what it means to become a franchise. It'a an indicator of growth.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's all well and good to have a small tight core cast, until another author comes along one day and kills off half of them . So it's nice to have a few extra on the sidelines just in case.

But the point bring haVing these other characters exist, even if they aren't used regularly (and you can argue Shura is the only one who really falls into that category), means they are there if theyare there if there's a need for them in a story. Giving the title character friends, family, other allies etc is part of what it means to become a franchise. It'a an indicator of growth.
    They shouldn't be getting killed off because supporting cast is important, you keep putting randoms as replacement and no one gives a shit anymore. That's why the MCU cast coming back is key and more important then having large cast because you develop the core rather then having a bunch of underdeveloped nobodies

They shouldn't be getting killed off because supporting cast is important, you keep putting randoms as replacement and no one gives a shit anymore. That's why the MCU cast coming back is key and more important then having large cast because you develop the core rather then having a bunch of underdeveloped nobodies
    Agree they shouldn't be killed off to the degree that it happens, but nonetheless it happens. Again half the people you mentioned in that list of people you wanted to read about are dead. In this Era of comics, that sort of thing can happen.

Coates actually said he doesn't like killing off characters so I don't expect much of a body count in this run, but who knows what the next guy will do.

Point being, it's nice to have them around if you need them.