Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't know if it was addressed here, but I know on a different forum we chewed that garbage article to pieces. The writer is ignorant and says Tchalla isn't afraid to sdk fo help instead of going solo and he did the opposite. Evan's made a point to have Tchalla not only shoot down Shuri asking if he wanted help, but then takes it s step further by then telling Shuri he is going dark... Desperate attempts to try and justify Coates poor treatment of Tchalla. Don't worry we already saw through the BS
    The article seems to be written by someone who has only read Coates(chokes) T'Challa. My opinion is that T'Challa, almost 100% of the time is standing up or confronting "toxic masculinity." A poor article.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

BP went back up to 98 percent on RT

Just two words...

1. I hope that you'll enjoy the movie, BP's fans! I'll avoid all spoilers till next week, but I love seeing the posters for the movie everywhere in Paris. I hope that it's a movie made according your tastes and desires!

2. Welcome back, Mr Majestic! (I kinda feared that it was at definitive vacation time...). Eager to read your comments of course.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Hi. I've lurked this thread for a while but I've seen the movie and felt I needed to post something. It's a good movie but if you're a fan of priest's take, you may leave the cinema disappointed. Also as much as hate to say it, T'Challa is outshone by the supporting cast and I've seen a lot of people favoring killmonger over him. It is very coates inspired. Just felt like giving a little warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Hi. I've lurked this thread for a while but I've seen the movie and felt I needed to post something. It's a good movie but if you're a fan of priest's take, you may leave the cinema disappointed. Also as much as hate to say it, T'Challa is outshone by the supporting cast and I've seen a lot of people favoring killmonger over him. It is very coates inspired. Just felt like giving a little warning.
    Acting is not a competition, surely?

Incredible Member

I wouldn't say this is Coates BP. He felt more young and inexperienced than incompetent. Although the importance of the supporting cast was on Coates level. I think that both Coogler and Coates attempt to really define a greater Wakanda for the audience. Imo this movie was more of an origin story for Wakanda than BP.

Priest said it was mostly Mcgregor inspired. From what I've heard everyones acting is equal, it seems to be more about who you go to see it for. If you're an MBJ fan you think he shines, if you're there for the women they shine.

Coates propped up the supporting cast at the expense of Tchalla, purposely making him incompetent. Also what have seen and heard, it is designed to hot many demographics. But Tchalla is still the focal point

BANNED

As a black male its not that i favored Killmonger i understood his anger and pain..

Its more McGregor inspired if anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Priest said it was mostly Mcgregor inspired. From what I've heard everyones acting is equal, it seems to be more about who you go to see it for. If you're an MBJ fan you think he shines, if you're there for the women they shine.
    They all shine. The casting is magnificent. And my favourite of all is Daniel Kaluuya who always outshines everyone whatever he is in, and it is no different here.

BANNED

Its a great film only flaw like most Marvel movies that CGI is cartoony but overall great film

BANNED

Killmonger is the best MCU villian so far..
    Thanos will probably take over the Top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    As a black male its not that I favoured Killmonger i understood his anger and pain..
    I contrast this with The Guardian's Wendy Ide and her main critique of the movie, which I will spoil tag because I am not sure what people actually know about how the story is told yet.

spoilers:
    Plus there is a challenger to the throne: Erik Killmonger (Michael B Jordan) is the cousin that T’Challa never knew he had. And this is a weak point – Erik’s backstory doesn’t seem to fully explain the frothing hate machine he becomes.
    end of spoilers

To which I would ask, WTF? I am with you Montez, if it needs explaining you have not been paying attention.

Chadwick on the Breakfast Club. The time stamp is for Storm and Lupita.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Start @ 33:36