Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I REALLY liked this movie:

-The cast are all fantastic, with Shuri, Killmonger, and Nakia being particular standouts.
    -The female characters, with one exception, were all great overall.
    -The worldbuilding here is some of the best that the MCU has to offer, and the world of Wakanda itself is fascinating.
    -The action is mostly solid.
    -Killmonger gives Loki and Vulture a run for their money as the best/most interesting MCU villain to date.
    -Klaw is amazingly entertaining.
    -Etc.

My complaints are relatively minor:

spoilers:

-I kind of wish that they hadn't have killed off Killmonger and Klaw by the end. Both because I wanted to see more of them in the future and because that's arguably BP's two most well-known villains offed in the first film.
    -The transition between Klaw and Killmonger as the main villain felt kind of rushed and a bit clunky, and the former's death felt, unnecessary.
    -Some of the CGI wasn't great.
    -Ramonda was good, but a bit underused imo.
    -It seemed like they were setting up Killmonger's partner/GF to be a more important character, but then they just cast her aside without much fanfare. It was, odd, especially in a movie that does really well by it's female characters otherwise.
    -Etc.
    end of spoilers

But still, I'd easily give it a 9/10, maybe a 9.5.
    Would not be shocked if one or all three of those you mentioned come back.

We do have a movie called Avengers: Infinity War with some device that can ALTER reality. I"m sure with all the praise those guys are getting-they could come back.

Or some Wakandan who felt the same as Killmonger might know a way to cheat death. We didn't see Vibraxas.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Spiderman fans might not like the idea but I honestly feel Kraven would be given more justice as a character if he debuted in the Black Panther sequel then a homecoming one. I might be bias though ��.

But given the character themes between Panther and Kraven I honestly think they'd mix and match better.
    If done right I agree with you. I don't see how you do a Kraven story in New York unless you give him something like the super soldier serum or make him really tech. At best he's a bit player in Spider-Man.

Still Sony controls those rights and I doubt they'd let Marvel use him unless it as to build up for one of their own films
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If done right I agree with you. I don't see how you do a Kraven story in New York unless you give him something like the super soldier serum or make him really tech. At best he's a bit player in Spider-Man.

Still Sony controls those rights and I doubt they'd let Marvel use him unless it as to build up for one of their own films
    Kraven does effectively have some sort of super solder serum (the jungle version at least), as he has super human physical stats. Or at least the comic book version does. We'll see what they do with the movie version.

If Kraven is possible, I kinda want it to be done like the first predator movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Black Panther (DIS), 4,020 theaters / $76.6M Fri (includes $25.2M in previews) /3-day: $187.6M /4-day: $216M/Wk 1
    Source??? That is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If Kraven is possible, I kinda want it to be done like the first predator movie.
    It's funny, because at one point I actually imagined Black Panther being like a scene from the predator, only BP being the predator. Bunch of guys in the jungle, and Black Panther being this steathly beast taking them out one by one. Difference being the predator wins in the end.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Source??? That is awesome!!
    http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-pa...ce-1202291093/

By the time the four-day President’s Day holiday stretch ends, Black Panther will have surpassed many of Marvel’s mightiest on the all-time domestic B.O. openers chart. Black Panther is now looking at the 6th best opening of all-time on a 3-day-basis with an estimated $185.8M per industry projections and a mind-blowing $213M over four days.

On the 3-day all-time chart, Black Panther is just above Captain America: Civil War ($179.1M). Back in January Fandango reported that out of the gate in its first 24 hours, Black Panther outstripped the advance tickets sales of Civil War, however, analysts didn’t rush to comp the Wakanda superhero to Marvel’s other titles. They just couldn’t believe at the time how massive this was going to be. While Black Panther is under Avengers: Age of Ultron on the 3-day all-time openers list ($191.2M), the pic is beating the sequel’s four-day run ($204.4M). Black Panther has already left Disney’s Beauty and the Beast ($174.7M) and WB/DC’s Batman v. Superman ($166M) in the dust to become the biggest pre-summer opener of all-time.

We hear from Screen Engine/ComScore’s PostTrak that African American moviegoers at 40% are driving Black Panther‘s ticket sales.
    Black Panther in CinemaScore audience exits shows a 50/50 male-female audience with 25+ repping 66% of the crowd. Close to 70% came because it’s Black Panther, while 15% bought tickets because of Coogler and 28% because they are Michael B. Jordan and Chadwick Boseman fans.
    So only black folks are going to see it???

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

40% African American are going to see it which means 60% of other races of people are seeing it as well.

In other words, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    40% African American are going to see it which means 60% of other races of people are seeing it as well.

In other words, no.
    The simple fact that it's a marvel movie means you'll get a pretty wide general audience to begin with. In addition, it does appear to be somewhat of a cultural event for African americans, which is icing on the cake on top that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Most of the audience I watched it with was either white or Hispanic. Overall it was a pretty balanced mix. I live in North GA though and the black population isnt as big as either the white or Hispanic.

Me and my sister might of been the only ones to laugh when Shuri caller Everett colonizer ����

BANNED

How'd people handle the sequel?

I'd personally go an Arkham Knight route and have someone put a bounty on the King of Wakanda. You could include characters like Black Knight, Kraven and Taskmaster and a couple no names all trying to collect said bounty.

Sony's latest addition of Spider-Man debuted in Civil War, so I don't see why hopefully Sony and Marvel couldn't work out an agreement for Kraven. Kraven could debut in Black Panther 2 and then be built up to get a spin-off where he hunts down Parker for some reason.

Would it be to much in today's world if Black Knight introduced religious themes? First movie dealing with Race and unity with others as black people and bigger then that the human race. Whereas Black Knight's views cause conflict with Wakanda's beliefs of Bast and whatnot.

Kraven would be the most exciting to see for me, a jungle fight between Panther and The Hunter be a battle of predators. You could include Everett into it too for good old time sake.

Klaw or Killmonger could make a return in 3 ala Mesphisto

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Did anybody catch M'baku praising the Hindu God Hanuman? Man that's really amazing that Wakanda is so diverse is thought and religioun. Coogler and co. did their research they even made the White Gorrila tribe vegetarian.

what was IM 3s initial numbers?

Maybe Kraven kidnaps a bunch of Wakanda citizens abroad. Tchalla tracks it to large island with a mix of different areas. Jungles, clearings, and mountains. Tchalla navigates redshirts and traps for a final showdown with Kraven in a hunting duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    what was IM 3s initial numbers?
    175 million opening weekend. BP needs 103 more to tie that.

International is looking good too.

Comingsoon.net

Black Panther scores $75.8 million on Friday!
    Marvel Studios‘ Black Panther scored an impressive $75.8 million at the domestic box office on Friday, the eighth-largest opening day ever and more than Captain America: Civil War‘s $75.5 million. The Friday figure includes the $25.2 million the film earned at Thursday previews. The film is on track to gross more than $200 million over the four-day Presidents’ Day holiday weekend. Black Panther received an impressive A+ CinemaScore from audiences.

Internationally, Black Panther has collected an estimated $81.5 million through Friday. The film is now open in 69% of the international marketplace (with Russia, Japan, and China still to open in the coming weeks). The international highlights include: UK ($14.4M); Korea ($14.3M); Australia ($4.0M); Brazil ($3.8M); Taiwan ($3.5M); France ($3.4M); Indonesia ($3.3M); Malaysia ($2.9M); Philippines ($2.6M); Thailand ($2.5M); Mexico ($2.4M); Germany ($2.4M); and Hong Kong ($2.4M).
    Last edited by Cville; 02-17-2018 at 09:54 AM.