Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Huh this is a peculiar misprint. The text says Black Panther yet I see no Black Panther. Seriously though why doesn't Marvel just cut the shit rename the series Black Panther and Storm.
    It's a variant cover, no? A variant cover that doesn't even feature Storm either so I guess that fits your point?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What other market has it not opened in yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I believe it opens in China and Japan on March 9th
    Just China this Friday. Opened in Japan on March 1st.

EDIT: Also, I think it's important to point out that Japan is not a big market for the MCU. Most of their films have done $10m or less there, with the notable exceptions being Spider-Man: Homecoming (which makes sense as Spider-Man had a tv show there awhile ago), Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, and Civil War which all did around $25m and Avengers which did $45m. Doctor Strange did $16m there and Iron Man 2 did $12m. Black Panther opened with $4.5m and is supposedly on track for $15m there.

http://variety.com/2018/film/asia/ja...er-1202718897/
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 03-07-2018 at 08:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Huh this is a peculiar misprint. The text says Black Panther yet I see no Black Panther. Seriously though why doesn't Marvel just cut the shit rename the series Black Panther and Storm.
    I'd be here for that title. Gimme, gimme, gimme! But that's Shuri on the cover, not Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Rise of The Black Panther is just a wonderful Read..
    Issue 3 was damn Good
    I gotta play catch up. I've been hearing a lot of good things.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That's just one of several variants for the relaunch. The others are pretty good too.
    Lol that's Griot isn't it? Am I missing something in the solicits or something?

Yea that's Shuri with her current Griot look. That cover is actually really nice and makes Shuri look stunning.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Yea that's Shuri with her current Griot look. That cover is actually really nice and makes Shuri look stunning.
    I suppose it's easy enough to make that mistake given the white hair. Between Storm, Ramonda, and Shuri T'Challa seems to be surrounded by white haired women.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose it's easy enough to make that mistake given the white hair. Between Storm, Ramonda, and Shuri T'Challa seems to be surrounded by white haired women.

The J-man

So I stand corrected, in multitude, in regards to the cover. Wouldn’t be the first time and probably won’t be the last time. That being all the other sentiments remain the same.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Shuri and ramonda hair seem more gray in tone than white imo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There's an article about artist Billy Graham, the first African-American artist to work on Panther (and the artist who launched Luke Cage in Hero for Hire) back in the 70s in Jungle Action in the NY Times today, if anyone is interested...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/07/m...ly-graham.html

His granddaughter is spearheading an effort to get him more recognition for his contributions. He left Marvel and comics were a sidenote in his career after that, as he became an award winning set designer. But he did work with McGregor (the writer onthe Jungle Action stories) again on Sabre in the 80s (not mentioned in the article) after Paul Gulacy left the series.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Rise of the BP is the title I've been dreaming of for a few years. Loving it.
    It really was a cool issue. Seeing all these surprise guests literally pop into Wakanda was fun. Next issue should be really interesting.

So, apparently Bucky is actually going by the White Wolf moniker in MCU. I don't know how I feel about that. Hopefully it's just something they call him in Wakanda and not his new general name. Winter Soldier is better trademark for him.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I knew they didn't put that in the end scene for no reason
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    So, apparently Bucky is actually going by the White Wolf moniker in MCU. I don't know how I feel about that. Hopefully it's just something they call him in Wakanda and not his new general name. Winter Soldier is better trademark for him.
    I do wonder if that will link Winter Soldier to Wakanda from this point onward, or if it's just a one time thing.

But yeah.... Winter Soldier is a better name than White Wolf.

I do wonder if that will link Winter Soldier to Wakanda from this point onward, or if it's just a one time thing.

But yeah.... Winter Soldier is a better name than White Wolf.
    To me this suggests that Bucky will definitely take up the Captain America mantle. Cap and Black Panther have been tied to each other in comics, because of the gift of the Vibranium shield.

In the movies that link is instead tied to Stark, even if his shield is still Vibranium based. However, now that Bucky has been cured due to Wakandan science and presumably will be given a Vibranium arm, HE is the one that shares a kinship with Wakanda.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The in universe reason has to be Winter Solider is a criminal all over the world and white wolf is his new mantle. He'll probably be granted citizenship in Wakanda and be able to live in peace there. And then obviously be a Solider for them going forward.

I wonder if he gets a suit in BP 2?

This will give the detractors a better POV character instead of ross. Very smart marvel
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.