Invincible Member

Anyway, the Russians are getting into it!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I beielve the usage of the resurrection alter led to him having slightly enhanced strength.

That said I always found it interesting that Killmonger has been able to defeat T'CHalla as often as he had, since on paper I still consider Killmonger the underdog. He MIGHT be stronger than T'Challa... but I think overall T'Challa should be smart, faster, and have better tech. But Killmonger is the underdog that still manages to come out on top or at least fight T'Challa to a draw most of the time. It's part of what makes him unique I guess.
    No ordinary human should be able to beat T'Challa, imo.

Killmonger has to be enhanced, and operating on a Steve Rogers level (or above) to defeat Panther.

I kinda like that it's never been stated outright.

Perhaps he created the synthetic herb at MIT. He could have been using that long before he gave a sample to Kasper Cole.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Eh, it still made 63 mil there which is nothing to sneeze at. Obviously, some Chinese folks were into the movie.
    Exactly, obviously there are some idiots in that audience but why focus on them when records were still broken and most people seemed to enjoy it. Why potentially diminish your own joy lol

Public Service Announcement...

Don't take this the wrong way and it's not that I am xenophobic or anything but from now on when anybody speaks to me I would prefer that they first reveal the inside of their bottom lip!

Okay thanks... Carry on!

War Dogs Stand Up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    “A torture for the eyes”: Chinese moviegoers think Black Panther is just too black
    And your point, sir?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Like I said before and will say it again, I don't care about the Chinese audience.

They can think whatever they want for all I care.
    True. I expected the domestic audience to turn out and they did, big time.

Everything else is gravy after that.

And like Ed said, 63 Million isn't chicken feed either.

Somebody over there must be enjoying it.

Black Panther did very well in Asia here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm thinking about Killmonger, and Panther's Rage.

BP is clearly an enhanced human, due to the situations he put in throughout the story, and has some advanced healing due to the crazy punishment he took.

However, Killmonger was physically superior to T'Challa.

Killmonger has to be enhanced.

Has it ever been shown how he got that way?

Did he expose himself to the Alter of Resurrection?

I have not seen the film, but I heard MCU Killmonger has defeated T'Challa, as well.

MCU Killmonger has to be enhanced, too, right?

No further spoilers for MCU Killmonger, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Also, I can't help be see a lot of parallels between Panther's Rage & Knightfall.

I actually wonder if Bane was somewhat inspired by Kilmonger.

Even the last battle, Killmonger was gonna break T'Challa's back before throwing him.

In the Panther's Rage comics, I don't think we have any reason to believe he was enhanced. And I don't recall him ever getting peak-human/superhuman abilities later.

In as afar as MCU Killmonger being enhanced spoilers:
    when Killmonger first fights T'Challa at Warrior Falls, Killmonger is explicitly not enhanced. It makes sense. That's all I'll say.
    end of spoilers

Jay Z: "The Takeover, the break's over..."

Nas: "F with your soul like ether..."

Black Panther has officially bodied the DCEU...

Black Panther versus The Dark Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And your point, sir?
    Someone seems a tad bit triggered over an article

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Lol first off no one expected Tchalla to solve the Issue.
    But there's a difference between solving the issue and preservation. And mcu Tchalla and mu Tchalla are in two completely different points. And Even then MCU T'Challa is vastly better then the Tchalla we have seen since Hudlin's run ended
    Well if he went and said ,"Hey sis, Wakandas most promising youth were just killed by these strange multiverse jumpers and before I neutralized the threat I watched one of the blow up another earth" I'm pretty sure Shuri would of been on board with saving Wakanda.
    That's like saying Black panther is forever tied to the FF because that's where his debut was from.

And not she really isn't. As time goes on she will fade and Nakia will be the name to pop up with BP and who the general public thinks of when it comes to Tchallas Love Interest. MU comics seems to be hung up on it but only in the sense thst Tchalla os made to look like a lost puppy while storm pop locks with whoever.. no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Shame we never really 'saw' that panther when he joined up with the Illuminati. For all intents and purposes, they were all of the same mind, to destroy other worlds
    Thing is Tchalla could of done what Doom did and used his nation with vast resources and the brightest minds to help.
    Knowledge....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Black Panther versus The Dark Knight!

I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly, obviously there are some idiots in that audience but why focus on them when records were still broken and most people seemed to enjoy it. Why potentially diminish your own joy lol
    Because there are folks like them in positions of POWER-who as we speak are looking for ways to make excuses.

They represent the reason why the most successful female of color with a solo became pitch TOXIC and it took 10+ years for another female of color to have more than 16 solo issues-Ms Marvel & Jessica Cruz.

We have a black movie that made over a BILLION.

We have yet ANOTHER "low seller' of comics dominate the box office or make more money as something else than a comic.

Another Marvel black lead film (number 4) make a profit

So who do we listen to the MONEY IN THE BANK or guys like Shawn James, Diversity & Comics, Yellow Flash and bitter store owners who keep scream SJW and keep those dirty POC, LGBT & women out of comics (even the ones they don't read)?

I am going with the MONEY IN THE BANK.

There are no more excuse for Static, Faith, Cassandra Cain, every POC under the X-Men banner, every FEMALE of Marvel/DC, JSA and everybody else not in the Batman club.

The public has spoken again-give them VARIETY.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because there are folks like them in positions of POWER-who as we speak are looking for ways to make excuses.

They represent the reason why the most successful female of color with a solo became pitch TOXIC and it took 10+ years for another female of color to have more than 16 solo issues-Ms Marvel & Jessica Cruz.

We have a black movie that made over a BILLION.

We have yet ANOTHER "low seller' of comics dominate the box office or make more money as something else than a comic.

Another Marvel black lead film (number 4) make a profit

So who do we listen to the MONEY IN THE BANK or guys like Shawn James, Diversity & Comics, Yellow Flash and bitter store owners who keep scream SJW and keep those dirty POC, LGBT & women out of comics (even the ones they don't read)?

I am going with the MONEY IN THE BANK.

There are no more excuse for Static, Faith, Cassandra Cain, every POC under the X-Men banner, every FEMALE of Marvel/DC, JSA and everybody else not in the Batman club.

The public has spoken again-give them VARIETY.
    Agreed to the tenth, however like you mentioned too many of those with this warped vision are scattered throughout all X-books amd still too many marvel books. The disconnect between the Kevin Fiege, Nate Moores and the writers of the character books is so drastic it seems like it will take 10 more years before good writers will cycle through and be willing to incorporate and promote POC characters along aside the originals with strong storylines.