Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd actually say the opposite. I think if BP is blowing up, he should be used as much as possible and be integrated as much as possible. A listers can't be off in their own corner of the MU. Spider-Man and Wolverine show up all over the place. And I think that's the sort of direction they should try and go with BP.

And the fact that he organically has ties with every major franchise in marvel (the Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four) makes it that much easier. It wouldn't need to be forced.
    for MCU appearing here and there is fine
    But his solo's should focus on Wakanda and BP. Don't need other hero's coming in randomly. Again BP doesn't need them. Comic side is different and yes he should be showing up in different places. But not for useless isht but like things fall apart said of he is guests appearing something big should be going down.

Given Coates is writing Captain America and Black Panther, in the least I'm expecting those two to cross over occasionally. They're both on the same Avengers team, and T'Challa arguably has more history with Steve than pretty much any other super heroe (apart from Storm of course).

But the nice thing about being an Avenger is that he'll show up for all the big stuff because really it's not a big thing unless the Avengers are there. So he'll be at the heart of whatever major thing is going on.
    That literally means nothing. Coated also stated that members of the Ultimates would show up in BP series too and that never happened. I don't trust Coates to do any of that

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    At this point it isn't a given that Marvel gets those properties. I'm honestly a little surprised the FCC isn't challenging that considering how nitpicky they are with other mergers like when they kabashed Comcast and Time Warner. Still even if it goes through and isn't challenged by any entities an acquisition of that magnitude takes time. Whether its two years or four years away, Disney probably won't bring them into the current MCU until a reboot of some sorts.
    It will take ten years or more. The current MCU will be long gone. We might see a Wolverine stand alone before then but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That literally means nothing. Coated also stated that members of the Ultimates would show up in BP series too and that never happened. I don't trust Coates to do any of that
    I disagree that being an Avenger means nothing. Being an Avenger means they show up for all the big stuff. If you have a company wide event, the Avengers will be at the heart of it, and T'Challa is an Avenger.

It helps that the 1mil BC Avengers have a Black Panther on it too, so that will probably translate to him getting somewhat of a bigger role in whatever upcoming event they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    It will take ten years or more. The current MCU will be long gone. We might see a Wolverine stand alone before then but I doubt it.
    It may not take as long as you might think.

They got Spider-Man into the MU pretty quickly. Two years after Amazing Spider-Man 2, we got Spider-Man in Civil War. A little over a year later, Spider-Man got his own MCU movie.

If they can get the legal stuff all worked out, I honestly think we'll see Wolverine on the big screen in 2-3 years. Not necessarily with his own movie, but I think he'll show up somewhere sooner than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Then again, since this arc is in space this would be a good time for the ultimates to come in. But...... Coates.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Then again, since this arc is in space this would be a good time for the ultimates to come in. But...... Coates.
    He's an Avenger, so if he needs back up he can get it even without the Ultimates. With Eden he can basically get any last minute help he needs.

Honestly I wish the Avengers had Eden. He's a pretty handy guy. But I guess the Avengers loss is BP's gain.

He's an Avenger, so if he needs back up he can get it even without the Ultimates. With Eden he can basically get any last minute help he needs.

Honestly I wish the Avengers had Eden. He's a pretty handy guy. But I guess the Avengers loss is BP's gain.
    And what does BP gain from Eden other than having a glorified Uber driver? Hell I keep forgetting Eden is even a part of the supporting cast, not to mention BP has teleportation tech of his own.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And what does BP gain from Eden other than having a glorified Uber driver? Hell I keep forgetting Eden is even a part of the supporting cast, not to mention BP has teleportation tech of his own.
    He's proven himself to be an asset. And he's especially useful in the upcoming story arc if they need to be traveling interstellar distanced.

But being in the book is probably more for Edens benefit than T'Challas. Since the Avengers franchise didn't keep him, the character needed a life boat to keep him out of limbo.

I disagree that being an Avenger means nothing. Being an Avenger means they show up for all the big stuff. If you have a company wide event, the Avengers will be at the heart of it, and T'Challa is an Avenger.

It helps that the 1mil BC Avengers have a Black Panther on it too, so that will probably translate to him getting somewhat of a bigger role in whatever upcoming event they have.
    Yeah about that 1mil BC Avengers, you do realize that for the whole preview all he did was pose in huddled position saying damn near nothing. That does nothing to inspire pre-read confidence.

I mean it means nothing that Coates is writing cap and BP. He won't do a cross over likely at all. He didn't do crossovers with the Ultimates teammates and half of them weren't doing much outside the book

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah about that 1mil BC Avengers, you do realize that for the whole preview all he did was pose in huddled position saying damn near nothing. That does nothing to inspire pre-read confidence.
    It was way too short to gauge anything but the fact that there's a black panther on both avengers teams is huge for T'Challa and potential character development and stories. A far cry from being put in a coma for no reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think Black Panther's solo should operate the same way Spider-Man or Captain America's does and deal with situations that only apply to Wakanda or Black Panther.

But he should definitely be popping up like Iron Man did around Civil War. I don't think he should be used the same way as a guest star quite like Spider-Man or Wolverine though. When Black Panther guest stars in your book it should mean you're involved in something fairly major.
    Agreed. For the film side of things T'Challa is one of those characters that doesn't need a whole lotta cross-pollination from other franchises. He's the king of an ancient warrior culture and has the best support cast in the MCU, so it's not like he's in desperate need of people to bounce off of and contribute to his adventures like say Black Widow will. I'd be fine with his trilogy having no guest stars at all, and if they need one, keep it to a few minutes in one or two scenes. As far as T'Challa appearing in other movies, like others have said it has to be important and preferably political in nature. So him appearing in Ant-Man seems frivolous and forced, while a showing in say Captain America is fine because we know it's gonna have some weight.

For comics, I like Wakanda-centric stories that focus on his mythos, but that can easily be balanced with more globally minded adventures that allow him to more heavily interact with other heroes and fixtures in the MU. When it comes to appearances in other books, I'm ok with anything, whether it's jokey/slice of life like with Ms. Marvel or more dramatic with Spiderman. The comics I think deserve more slack when it comes to depictions and story content.

Wouldn't mind more slice of life stuff if he guest stars. We hardly ever get those if at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Wouldn't mind more slice of life stuff if he guest stars. We hardly ever get those if at all.
    Yeah, we don't often get to see T'Challa (or heroes in general) unwind and have fun with each other, which is part of the reason Hudlin's run is my favorite, because we got to see a lot of that. For example, T'Challa and Luke Cage's friendship was well done and great to watch.