I think one of the problems with the Spirit Spear is its never had a build up to be sold as why its cool.

Priest worked to sell those energy dagger. Same with the thrice blessed armor. I think EMH showed how versatile the daggers can be. The spear is just kinda there. If it had a training component to it like Kuwabara's spirit sword, and expanded it to beyond throwing and the target falls down, then it might have more of a wow factor.

this is what we need

make it happen Marvel
    The J-man

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this is what we need

make it happen Marvel
    A BP cartoon would be cool but the Avengers cartoons I saw were very kiddy on tone.. A BP written akin to how tas was written would be awesome.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think one of the problems with the Spirit Spear is its never had a build up to be sold as why its cool.

Priest worked to sell those energy dagger. Same with the thrice blessed armor. I think EMH showed how versatile the daggers can be. The spear is just kinda there. If it had a training component to it like Kuwabara's spirit sword, and expanded it to beyond throwing and the target falls down, then it might have more of a wow factor.
    I'd actually put the thrice blessed armor in the same boat. I'm not sure I honestly recall a whole lot of explanation as to why exactly the armor does or how it works or where it came from. It was just armor decided to wear when he happened to be fighting someone else with armor. Which I think was like 3 times.

I do think going out of your way to explain stuff is a part of the reason why Priests gear tends to stick around more than a lot of other character. THe fact that he explains it, and uses it regularly. A lot of Hickmans upgrades (the teleportation, the purple boxing gloves, the force field) were just thrown in there without any real introduction or explanation and they didn't stick around past Hickman. But I do think the Force push will last. Not sure I can say the same about the spear though.

That said, I'm still happy he's got it as it's an anti-magic option he has in his tool box if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    A BP cartoon would be cool but the Avengers cartoons I saw were very kiddy on tone.. A BP written akin to how tas was written would be awesome.
    BET has the full motion comic cartoon up on youtube

The J-man

BET has the full motion comic cartoon up on youtube

Yeah, I remember that back in the day. Aside from a pretty horrible portrayal of Captain America (that Cap was more John Walker than Steve Rogers), that motion comic was a lot of fun.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes is the best marvel cartoon ever made
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He has never actually used the spear of bashenga it's some random spirit spear. He still uses energy Dagger's though
    It's just a random spear? That kinda sucks. He hadn't used the energy daggers in coates run. The glowing finger doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd actually put the thrice blessed armor in the same boat. I'm not sure I honestly recall a whole lot of explanation as to why exactly the armor does or how it works or where it came from. It was just armor decided to wear when he happened to be fighting someone else with armor. Which I think was like 3 times.

I do think going out of your way to explain stuff is a part of the reason why Priests gear tends to stick around more than a lot of other character. THe fact that he explains it, and uses it regularly. A lot of Hickmans upgrades (the teleportation, the purple boxing gloves, the force field) were just thrown in there without any real introduction or explanation and they didn't stick around past Hickman. But I do think the Force push will last. Not sure I can say the same about the spear though.

That said, I'm still happy he's got it as it's an anti-magic option he has in his tool box if needed.
    If it's anti magic I guess it has its uses. The force push has to go or be better utilized. Its a creative blackhole that calls for BP to ganged up on and beaten. Seeing that in the movie was embarrassing.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Its a creative blackhole that calls for BP to ganged up on and beaten. Seeing that in the movie was embarrassing.

I saw the movie 6 times. Each time he used that in act 3 it got a huge applause. But I saw the movie in black theaters so they were probably bias
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

They have to be, that's the target audience, that being said Earth's mightiest heroes (where the clips of the energy daggers above come from) is way better the Avengers assemble. AA went to cringe levels, EMH was much better. That being said, I wouldn't mind another second cartoon that was gauged for older folks. They should make a BP anime, and use this art as the inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    It's just a random spear? That kinda sucks. He hadn't used the energy daggers in coates run. The glowing finger doesn't count
    He does use the Daggers one more time other then the finger energy dagger. The Issue where T'Challa and Shuri are fighting klaws constructs and figure out they are made of sound, he uses the energy Dagger's

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Is it anti magic? I don't recall it dispelling any.

The armor he built when he was 12. Combined with the Ebony Blade, it added a bit of flair. Plus it would've made a cool alt version toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They have to be, that's the target audience, that being said Earth's mightiest heroes (where the clips of the energy daggers above come from) is way better the Avengers assemble. AA went to cringe levels, EMH was much better. That being said, I wouldn't mind another second cartoon that was gauged for older folks. They should make a BP anime, and use this art as the inspiration

He does use the Daggers one more time other then the finger energy dagger. The Issue where T'Challa and Shuri are fighting klaws constructs and figure out they are made of sound, he uses the energy Dagger's
    A black panther anime would be everything. If it were to be made, James C Mattis III being T’Challa would be a given. But I wonder who would voice the other characters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is it anti magic? I don't recall it dispelling any.

The armor he built when he was 12. Combined with the Ebony Blade, it added a bit of flair. Plus it would've made a cool alt version toy.
    I don't know if it dispels magic... but it can harm magical beings that aren't effected by regular physical attacks at least. Him and Thunderball were the only ones whose weapons worked in the last issue, because they were magical. He also threatened to use it against one of the previous BP ancestors at one point... and spirits are pretty difficult to hurt by conventional means. So that one item adds quite a bit of depth to his arsenal.

I do agree it should be explained better, both in terms of what it is, where it came from, and what exactly it can do. But I like it being a part of his toolset in principal.

I wasn't a fan of giving him the ebony blade personally. It was a signature weapon of a former teammate of his, so you KNOW he wasn't going to keep it. Eventually he would have to return it do Dane (which he did). I think creating his own weapon rather than using another characters he only temporarily possessed would have been a better use of that panel time. To this day, I think the only reason Hudlin gave him that weapon is because it had the word ebony in it.

Bit if irony there being he gave it away almost right before fighting Doom. The ebony blade would have been the perfect weapon against Doom, because it can deflect magic. Doom would have had a heck of a hard time trying to counter it.

BANNED

this is what we need

make it happen Marvel
    This would make me such a happy fanboy.