Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Um...why does it bug me so much when Black Panther is drawn crouching down. It has no air of dominance or i don't know it just doesn't seem boss.
    They do the same thing with Spider-Man and Wolverine.

I don't think they want everyone posing the same. Guys with gear (shields or hammers or swords) tend to raise them in the air. Big strong guys tend to fold their arms. And the more agile fighter types tend to croach, as if preparing to leap into battle. Somewhere along the line various poses have been adopted for various types of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Eager to see what aaron does with Panther
    So am I. I think he's gonna do right by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    So am I. I think he's gonna do right by him.
    Aaron wrote my all time favorite BP story (See Wakanda and Die), so I definitely happy about him handling the character.

Any idea of what this might be? Saw this on Marvel's twitter page

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

My first guess was some sort of cartoon, but the hashtag at the bottom says marvel comics so that's probably not it.

3 out of 4 of the people whose symbols are on the screen are already Avengers, so I don't think it's any sort of team book.

But I mini or whatever with those 4 characters would be cool.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well today is one of the rare issues where Coates actually wrote T’Challa the way he’s supposed to be written. Kicked ass from beginning to end and Coates managed to restrain himself from shade throwing this time around. Too bad the next issue is gonna be entirely about a certain mutant.
    oh honey that's not bad news...

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I doubt that. Dude at the end has a particular and powerful powerset and the relaunch issue is the one after that. Its gonna 100% set up for that.
    solicit for next issue:

Klaw and his allies have brought Wakanda to the brink of destruction. To seal the deal, Klaw has summoned a powerful Marvel foe not seen in years. But Black Panther isn't done fighting yet. He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife.

bp issue today was really good. I read okoye made an appearance since not being in a bp book in years. definitely recommend you pick it up. hopefully next issue is epic!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Aaron wrote my all time favorite BP story (See Wakanda and Die), so I definitely happy about him handling the character.
    He also wrote the "not him" scene. And He wrote the annulment issue of AvX, if I'm not mistaken. Hard pass. I'm not interested in a BP anything from him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If it is then I really don’t know how it’s supposed to work now. Because how the hell do a bunch of creatures living in Africa worship a god that’s Native American? And before anyone brings up the Egyptian pantheon please keep in mind that Egypt is in Africa so the Wakandans worshipping them makes sense. The originators worshipping someone that comes from another part of the damn planet doesn’t.
    The Adversary is a trickster. Perhaps he tricked the Originators into thinking he was their God.

I also really liked this issue. I'm looking forward to BP, Shuri, Storm, and the others working against the Adversary. I also liked seeing Okoye again and I hope she sticks around.

Also, the Dark Room Labs were cool. Have we seen them before in any other previous issues or runs?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Um...why does it bug me so much when Black Panther is drawn crouching down. It has no air of dominance or i don't know it just doesn't seem boss.
    Same here, over that overused pose..

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    He also wrote the "not him" scene. And He wrote the annulment issue of AvX, if I'm not mistaken. Hard pass. I'm not interested in a BP anything from him.
    Aaron writes a decent T'Challa but a sub-par Storm for-real. He just doesn't get her. That has become my is with Secret Invasion: See Wakanda and Die. I loved it when I first read it, but since then my fondness for it has decreased. His Thor has been decent. Hopefully having Thor and BP together will lead to some interesting adventures.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Aaron writes a decent T'Challa but a sub-par Storm for-real. He just doesn't get her. That has become my is with Secret Invasion: See Wakanda and Die. I loved it when I first read it, but since then my fondness for it has decreased. His Thor has been decent. Hopefully having Thor and BP together will lead to some interesting adventures.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Skrull invasion defeat. I thought they were badass side by side. I thought Storm could and should have done more, but ultimately it was about all of Wakanda showing up and out. His later attempts to go out of his way to insult their union is what I take issue with. He can kick rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    His handling of Storm was the one aspect of See Wakanda and Die which I didn't like. Once tech was off the table, Storm probably could have ended the conflict in 3 seconds. Which in and of itself is probably a good reason to write her the way he did.

Still, I'd consider that a nit pick. Sometimes when you have a character the power level of Storm, that sort of thing can happen.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-28-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Marvel is doing a hunt for the cosmic cube story with BP, maybe have something to do with the pic.

new romance comic with Spidey, BP and Cap all chasing after Mc. Marvel
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His handling of Storm was the one aspect of See Wakanda and Die which I didn't like. Once tech was off the table, Storm probably could have ended the conflict in 3 seconds. Which in and of itself is probably a good reason to write her the way he did.

Still, I'd consider that a nit pick. Sometimes when you have a character the power level of Storm, that sort of thing can happen.
    I agree with this. Wakanda as a whole was on display. That's the way it should have been.