Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't think they would do such a huge retcon, but ya never know. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen movie synergy effect the comics (though it's not quite the movie either). And it's not the first time T'Challa has magically gotten a new sibling.
    Yeah the reason I think KillMonger is because future solicitations show KillMonger making moves against T’challa and there’s been an overarching traitor who hasn’t been revealed since issue 2. Doom said it was T’chaka’s son so if the traitor is KillMonger then that would make him T’challas Brother.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yeah the reason I think KillMonger is because future solicitations show KillMonger making moves against T’challa and there’s been an overarching traitor who hasn’t been revealed since issue 2. Doom said it was T’chaka’s son so if the traitor is KillMonger then that would make him T’challas Brother.
    I dont think he'd go that far. He hasn't done anything to wildly change to canon. Just combining story lines and adding previously unknown background details.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yeah, the book does sort of create a fun potential mystery here. I say potential mystery because they flash Hunters fave at the end there. We'll see whether the white wolf ends up being a red herring.

I honestly thought it was Jakarra at first as well. But then I didn't know if Evan had the testicular fortitude to retcon Kirby of all people.

These past stories are always tricky because Evan is trying to mix together multiple origins while telling a story that can't upset the known previous stories. Retconning a large chunk of Hudlin's story is one thing because it was supposed to be non canon anyway. But right now, Evan is playing with fire because he is working with Killmonger (Panther's Rage is very well known) and Hunter (Priest).

He has already retconned Killmonger's origin, which was an odd decision IMO. Having Killmonger being exiled because of his father's mistakes gives him a much more compelling reason to hate T'challa with all his being. So, in two issues, Evan has to give us a reason for Killmonger to hate T'challa as much as he does. Killmonger being part of the Hyena tribe doesn't make sense at this point in the story as he seems genuine at this point. It would be one hell of a, "I plotted from American for revenge!" type of thing if he went that route.

Jakarra's is the easiest for Evan to play with because he is more of a clean slate... if Evan is willing to retcon Kirby's story out of existence. IF Jakarra is the one that basically commented treason... how does Jakarra end up as a Wakanda general (if I am remembering correctly) ala Kirby's story? It simply wouldn't make much sense. But, as I mentioned elsewhere, Evan bringing this up....

is a way to explain Jakarra's existence. There is no reason, IMO, for Evan to show T'chaka banging chicks in grief if ti wasn't for some reason to explain why we have no idea who Jakarra is and why he is never talked about ever.

Hunter is the easiest to use of course since he has such a twisted version of "Wakanda Pride."

One theme that has me curious is Evan's keeps bringing up "Challenge Day" and how it is soon-ish. Is Killmonger going to take part in it? It would be interesting if Killmonger does, gets curbstomped by the enhanced T'challa, and that causes him to head out into Wakanda to find someway to enhance himself. We still don't really know how Killmonger got so damn strong.... he just shows up in Panther's Rage looking fly and jacked on Tren.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I honestly thought it was Jakarra at first as well. But then I didn't know if Evan had the testicular fortitude to retcon Kirby of all people.

These past stories are always tricky because Evan is trying to mix together multiple origins while telling a story that can't upset the known previous stories. Retconning a large chunk of Hudlin's story is one thing because it was supposed to be non canon anyway. But right now, Evan is playing with fire because he is working with Killmonger (Panther's Rage is very well known) and Hunter (Priest).

He has already retconned Killmonger's origin, which was an odd decision IMO. Having Killmonger being exiled because of his father's mistakes gives him a much more compelling reason to hate T'challa with all his being. So, in two issues, Evan has to give us a reason for Killmonger to hate T'challa as much as he does. Killmonger being part of the Hyena tribe doesn't make sense at this point in the story as he seems genuine at this point. It would be one hell of a, "I plotted from American for revenge!" type of thing if he went that route.

Jakarra's is the easiest for Evan to play with because he is more of a clean slate... if Evan is willing to retcon Kirby's story out of existence. IF Jakarra is the one that basically commented treason... how does Jakarra end up as a Wakanda general (if I am remembering correctly) ala Kirby's story? It simply wouldn't make much sense. But, as I mentioned elsewhere, Evan bringing this up....

is a way to explain Jakarra's existence. There is no reason, IMO, for Evan to show T'chaka banging chicks in grief if ti wasn't for some reason to explain why we have no idea who Jakarra is and why he is never talked about ever.

Hunter is the easiest to use of course since he has such a twisted version of "Wakanda Pride."

One theme that has me curious is Evan's keeps bringing up "Challenge Day" and how it is soon-ish. Is Killmonger going to take part in it? It would be interesting if Killmonger does, gets curbstomped by the enhanced T'challa, and that causes him to head out into Wakanda to find someway to enhance himself. We still don't really know how Killmonger got so damn strong.... he just shows up in Panther's Rage looking fly and jacked on Tren.
    I think Killmongers strength came from the resurrection alter but yeah ... If he challenges T'Challa it shouldn't be the fight we saw in the movie. I'm not sure how battle ready Erik got attending MIT in the States.

X-Men: Red #3 preview involves Wakanda again

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

MoS is back? This is like seeing the real Sting show up and fight off the NWO.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Bet you a million dollars it’s Storm that’s gonna be the friend turn foe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Welcome back MoS glad to see you were able to come back

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Bet you a million dollars it’s Storm that’s gonna be the friend turn foe.
    If there was a time to bring Storm into the mix it might be now.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If there was a time to bring Storm into the mix it might be now.
    I'd really like to see a crossover with Fantastic Four when their title returns.

One of the classic style crossover just between BP/FF/Two-In-One issues.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd really like to see a crossover with Fantastic Four when their title returns.

One of the classic style crossover just between BP/FF/Two-In-One issues.
    That's the nice thing about T'Challa. With ties to the Avengers, X-Men and FF he can practically tie into any major franchise organically. Daredevil, Champions, whatever ... Stick him anywhere and it works.

can somebody give me the skinny on this because I got no idea what is going on
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Issue #1: Jean Grey met with multiple world leaders, including T'challa, about mutant stuff. She went to UN and Wakanda and Atlantis gave their support. then someones brain exploded right near jeans, she was blamed, ended up being Cassandra nova

issue 2: Jean's team is allowed to stay in Wakanda

issue 3: it seems cassandra infiltrated the X mansion and is about to turn someone in there

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Basically, Charles’ psycho twin twister is back to screw over mutant kind and this part of her plans Involves Wakanda since T’Challa recently allied himself with Jean Grey. My guess to her Cassandra is gonna manipulate in that panel is probably Storm since she has the biggest ties to Wakanda right after Gentle.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"