Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The Hatut Zeraze T'Challa slapped around dating back to Priest's run as well as Hickman's New Avengers book, weren't adopted.

They were 100% Wakandan.

Hell, even the Maberry manifactured Desturi that Shuri and T'Challa slaughtered (broken necks and all) were Wakandan too.

I just find it odd that with the exception of "See Wakanda & Die" or Shuri's fully justified annihilation of Atlantis in New Avengers, one rarely if ever see's T'Challa going all out to lay hands on any enemies of real consequence.

Instead, he just mouths dry speeches and empty threats.
    During the Liss run, he beat the hell outta people. It mostly jumped over the punching for the comedic effect, but you know it happened. Lol

He beat the Nigandan leader to a pulp in Hudlins first arc. After that most stories were outside WK.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The fun thing with ultimates was that every character appreciation thread was mad their character did nothing lol.

I also think, because of the ultimates members being black panther and a bunch of D listers, we might have expected a touch too much.

On an avengers team with cap, stark, and thor... with CB Yoshida promising fresh starts and reverting to more classic line ups... expecting too much out of Panther on this team is begging for disappointment.
    The problem i see, is when the writers say things like " T'Challa plays a huge role in the story, and calling it The big 4 now and then In the preview page, having Odin straight up say "The world will need you. To lead the way, just as you should of done from the dawn of it all. And I... Will need you to"

How can fans not get excited for that? If it became another Ultimates situation then it's completely at the fault of JA and editorial

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    During the Liss run, he beat the hell outta people. It mostly jumped over the punching for the comedic effect, but you know it happened. Lol

He beat the Nigandan leader to a pulp in Hudlins first arc. After that most stories were outside WK.
    Super heroes punch people. It's part of the job description.

BANNED

The fun thing with ultimates was that every character appreciation thread was mad their character did nothing lol.

I also think, because of the ultimates members being black panther and a bunch of D listers, we might have expected a touch too much.

On an avengers team with cap, stark, and thor... with CB Yoshida promising fresh starts and reverting to more classic line ups... expecting too much out of Panther on this team is begging for disappointment.
    Marvel should not make it seem like Black Panther is the leader in the free comic book day Avgeners book then.

I understand being cautious but it seems like things are looking up in a big way. More so than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Marvel should not make it seem like Black Panther is the leader in the free comic book day Avgeners book then.
    Yo man, I was all in as soon as i saw Aaron, avengers, panther lol.

But I caution getting too excited about a couple leaked panels of a fcbd issue.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I understand being cautious but it seems like things are looking up in a big way. More so than ever before.
    Rise being an ongoing would of done fully sealed the deal. I am 0% convinced Coates had a 5 Year plan. It's too obvious and Rise has been the series we needed from Day 1

BANNED

If you have Wakandan based villains, that is naturally going to happen though.
    So the Hatut Zeraze are "villains" now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Agreed 100%.

David Liss had T'Challa facing off against Vlad, Hate Monger, American Panther, Lady Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, Kraven and the Kingpin.

Mr Liss is that dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem i see, is when the writers say things like " T'Challa plays a huge role in the story, and calling it The big 4 now and then In the preview page, having Odin straight up say "The world will need you. To lead the way, just as you should of done from the dawn of it all. And I... Will need you to"

How can fans not get excited for that? If it became another Ultimates situation then it's completely at the fault of JA and editorial
    You're making way too much sense my brother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Super heroes punch people. It's part of the job description.

Except where Doom is concerned.

Then it's excuses, crickets, silence or a concurrent combination of all three.

That is why it was satisfying to see the Wrecking Crew put a textbook beat down on him. I need to follow up to see how it turned out.

Potentially prematurely judging from what we know last issue of Rise and one 2 page preview...

Yes.

Hunter seemingly showed Doom how to get in and invited him. Is that not treason? And if the rest of the HZ members are hiding Hunter and refusing to answer to their king, then yeah...that makes them villains.

Hunter and the HZ always had a back and forth relationship with T'challa. I believe their first appearance ever they attack T'challa correct? Right after he was tricked into kissing Nakia, exits the car and they attack him if memory serves me correctly. Hunter is also the same guy that brought Klaw back to life in Priest run as well. And went on a murder rampage in Liss run. Dude has a warped concept of protecting Wakanda and serving the King.

At the same time, I remember Hunter being by T'challa's side during the Killmonger stuff. Shuri obviously invited them back in. And in Coate's run, T'challa is chummy with the HZ again (with no Hunter in sight though).

It isn't a black or white thing. It is a "it depends" thing.

It seems weird to point out to the instances when T'challa has fought Wakandans, when he has fought people other than Wakandans far more often.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They were when Priest created them. Considering the only ones left were following Hunter. Now they're just red shirts when Shuri brought them back.

I was hoping Tchalla would smack on doom, but what we got was good too. Evan's would give us a satisfactory victory of they fought. Plus we got good showings like BP putting hands on Namor and bucky, and a reverse challenge day which made Tchalla look that much more Impressive