Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh BTW, a word of caution on "Black Panther is going to lead the Avengers!"

Apparently, Thor is the one that is meeting with Rogers in a bar and says they should get the band back together (tony).

I'd imagine, prematurely judging from a leaked panels and unfinished pages, there might be "two" groups put together than end up becoming one. We did get that page with T'challa and Strange are together (which makes sense).

I wouldn't be surprised if T'challa goes to Strange, finds Ghost Rider (since that was the original BC team) and ends up coming together with Thor, Cap, Stark.
    Ahh I see. Guess we should dial it back. It would be a shame being disappointed in hype created from one or two out-of-context panels when it can be avoided. Good looking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Are the Dora Milaje "red shirts" too?
    They're getting there. Once Mayberry turned into a larger order without names and almost indistinguishable from each other, they started down the path of begin throw away characters. Just need a battle where some of them die and nobody cares. Then the circle will be complete.
    Last edited by Cville; 04-16-2018 at 06:25 AM.

When did this happen?
    Riri's Iron Man comic. Two or three months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They're getting there. Once Mayberry turned into a larger order without names and almost indistinguishable from each other, they started down the path of begin throw away characters. Just need a battle where some of them die and nobody cares. Then the circle will be complete.
    Hell, it was before Mayberry really. Hudlin started it when the two doras around T'challa became nameless and identical looking.

They are copy and pasted lol. They even got murder/death/killed by Doom and didn't even get a personality or name.

They Mayberry made an army of them.

and now Coates just gave them all armors that cover their face so now they are 100% identical looking.

Just need a large scale battle to thin the herd and we are good to go.

So we got Doras, HZ, and Robe Guys. Redshirts for everyone!

Hey... at least Wakanda is all about equality. Men and Woman get to be redshirts!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Stan
    "I want to go back and revisit the Black Panther comics because of the White Wolf situation and that’s a whole different line, so I didn’t even see that really going that way and understanding what that could be," he confessed. "But it’s really clever the way they do it, if you think about it. I look at that and go, ‘Of course. That makes sense, that feels well.’ I don’t know how they think about it."

"There was something really actually funny about that scene. It's definitely better the way it is now, I think. But that scene was at least 8 more minutes long than what we saw. And it was like a more inquisitive Bucky. He was kind of really going, 'What are they calling me?' And [Shuri] was telling him a little about it, and they have more of an interaction. And then he walked over and started hanging out with elders and playing with the kids, but you don't see that."
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/black...-scene-a159662

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

It's red shirts in real militaries. There would be red shirts in fiction ones too.

Hell, it was before Mayberry really. Hudlin started it when the two doras around T'challa became nameless and identical looking.

They are copy and pasted lol. They even got murder/death/killed by Doom and didn't even get a personality or name.

and now Coates just gave them all armors that cover their face so now they are 100% identical looking.

Hey... at least Wakanda is all about equality. Men and Woman get to be redshirts!
    Hahahah. After I posted, I was trying to remember if Hudlin used their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's because storm, Eden and Thunderball have taken up Wakandan specific spots. Remove those three and akili and Okoye can do more, oh and bring back Taku.

Like the original Dora's, the HZ Should be small in size. A dozen at most, however, these are the elites, how Nakia and Okoye were a Jack of all trades type guards, the HZ should be essentially seals. I always broke it down this way, ib terms of fighting prowess 1 v 1, Dora's would walk all over the HZ. In terms of group based combat, HZ would destroy the Dora's. They basically act like the Doras did in the movie and the Doras would be more akin to Nakia in the movie.

Both factions should be small but incredibly dangerous. 1 of them is the equivalent to 10-15 Wakandan soldiers. And each faction has it's own specific weapons and tactics. Dora's represent tradition and technology perfectly blended into a deadly force and the HZ take afrofuturist extreme fully embracing technology to the fullest.
    IMO:

Robe Dudes- Palace and government building guards

Doras- personal guard to royalty. 4-6 per royal. 1-2 are around the royal 99% of the time (like Okoye in the movie). The others secure buildings, stay outside rooms, ect. Traditional H2H weaponry.

HZ- Elite special forces designed to eliminate threats to Wakanda before they are threats. Basically a ghost unit, they get in and out without being seen. These guys go with T'challa when he is in "mission" mode. They don't protect T'challa, they are an extension of his offensive capabilities. If T'challa was in a video game, the HZ would be his "summons" lol. Similar to how Coates is using them now.

Bashenga Force: Wakandan metas. Start in that school and work up to this.

Everyone Else: standing militia. Wakanda is really too small to have a large standing army, hence why they rely on a Black Panther to defend them. But the whole country should be able to throw down when called upon. Similar to when The Hand attacked the Golden City in Liss run and peeps were pulling guns from cribs lol. Or similar to SWAD when the soldiers dying were farmers and such. Wakanda has mandatory military duty ala Israel.

Avengers No. 1 variant cover

Living on the East Coast, the first time I heard of Coachella was when Shuri said it in BP. I though it was a reference to shopping. Lol. Now it's all over the radio and social media. Did I miss the boat?

Extraordinary Member

Well, any member of a large group who isn't a named, recurring member of a supporting cast is a Redshirt by popular definition.

So usually that means all of the HZs and all the Doras are just extras except for whichever two Doras that T'challa talks to the most.

The HZ have it a bit worse because in story we first see them as Hunter's flunky army. They were literally created to give BP something to hit before getting to main boss, Hunter.

Since the HZ can either be heels or faces depending on if Hunter's around or not they get to stay as Redshirts as its as likely that BP will be beating on them as it will be anybody else doing it. The Doras are nearly always faces (at their worst, no worse than antiheroes)so the Dora get to win more often.

Especially against the HZ, who are the Washington Generals to the Dora's Globetrotters.

Oh BTW, a word of caution on "Black Panther is going to lead the Avengers!"

Apparently, Thor is the one that is meeting with Rogers in a bar and says they should get the band back together (tony).

I'd imagine, prematurely judging from a leaked panels and unfinished pages, there might be "two" groups put together than end up becoming one. We did get that page with T'challa and Strange are together (which makes sense).

I wouldn't be surprised if T'challa goes to Strange, finds Ghost Rider (since that was the original BC team) and ends up coming together with Thor, Cap, Stark.
    Honestly, he just needs to lead or have a definitive role on the team. Not back up anything.

IMO:

Robe Dudes- Palace and government building guards

Doras- personal guard to royalty. 4-6 per royal. 1-2 are around the royal 99% of the time (like Okoye in the movie). The others secure buildings, stay outside rooms, ect. Traditional H2H weaponry.

HZ- Elite special forces designed to eliminate threats to Wakanda before they are threats. Basically a ghost unit, they get in and out without being seen. These guys go with T'challa when he is in "mission" mode. They don't protect T'challa, they are an extension of his offensive capabilities. If T'challa was in a video game, the HZ would be his "summons" lol. Similar to how Coates is using them now.

Bashenga Force: Wakandan metas. Start in that school and work up to this.

Everyone Else: standing militia. Wakanda is really too small to have a large standing army, hence why they rely on a Black Panther to defend them. But the whole country should be able to throw down when called upon. Similar to when The Hand attacked the Golden City in Liss run and peeps were pulling guns from cribs lol. Or similar to SWAD when the soldiers dying were farmers and such. Wakanda has mandatory military duty ala Israel.
    Ah I forgot about the robed dudes. Really those groups in themselves could make up ba small portion of the army m but yeah everyone should be akin to Liss run/SWaD call to arms. They should be trained at a young age (no later then 10) in the art of combat and when they become an adult they get put on standby for emergency situations.
    But that's a good breakdown. I think the Dora's should use some tech, Maybe like priest run basics, non lethal and lethal bullets, Kimoyo, energy damp boots and Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

okay now I am excited

The Hatut Zeraze T'Challa slapped around dating back to Priest's run as well as Hickman's New Avengers book, weren't adopted.

They were 100% Wakandan.

Hell, even the Maberry manifactured Desturi that Shuri and T'Challa slaughtered (broken necks and all) were Wakandan too.

I just find it odd that with the exception of "See Wakanda & Die" or Shuri's fully justified annihilation of Atlantis in New Avengers, one rarely if ever see's T'Challa going all out to lay hands on any enemies of real consequence.

Instead, he just mouths dry speeches and empty threats.

I know. I was just joking about Hunter
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

can we have the Brotha with his daggers or force push armed and ready to fire? I want some more variety in the action poses