Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Long live my fellow Erik/Eric..

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Have these been posted yet? And where’s the preview that talks about the milti verse?
    Attachment 65673
    Attachment 65674
    It's nice to get a more action oriented artist. Despite getting some solid artists lately, a lot of them haven't necessarily always conveyed action all that well. Doesn't seem to be a problem here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Problem is Coates asked a question then never answered it, in fact he ignored it, retconned the mythos and simply drops it's at the end with a "We don't know and we never bothered to explore it at all" all to turn the last Issue into basically Storm fan fictionm the closest thing we got is Tetu saying the orisha are bored with Wakanda
    Except we don't know that he drops it at the end, because we're not at the end yet. He's likely got at least another year on the book... and perhaps as much as 3 years. So it's entirely possible these are issues he will choose to explore moving foreward.

Anyone got the translation for mbaku chant when he enters warrior falls
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    sou ds very plausible to me. also the orisha, specifically bast, is still around. it is through her blessing he has his power. coates is a slow burner they will return... pretty sure there whereabouts will be revealed in the new book he's working on.
    It's makes sense to me. It sounds like T'Challa is literally venturing to the heavens across the cosmos, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anyone got the translation for mbaku chant when he enters warrior falls
    One transcription is: MalYeFa Ya Hoo, based on this:

According to Google Translate, that means something like "What's happening".

Fiddling with the spacing a bit makes me think it's more likely something like "We are here" or "Let's go!", but without a more accurate spelling, I cannot be sure.

That being said, in the movie proper, it sounds more like "Matsa! Hoo Hoo!"

The second part may just be grunting or chanting, but the first sounds a LOT like the verb form "-matsha" which means "march!"
    Last edited by DigiCom; 05-08-2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Additional findings,

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I read it more as an open-ended question. "We still don't know..." sounds a lot like the search for answers is still underway. The Orisha could very well be following the goings on of the Galactic Empire. They could have felt the need to protect Wakanda was outweighed by the need to protect the empire. The Black Panther and King of Wakanda is the sole protector of Wakanda. T'Challa has that in hand. It turns out he had exactly what he needed to save Wakanda all at his beckoned call. The Wakandan throne has a protector. The Galactic Empire has what exactly?
    The point of making a season about where are the gods is to answer the question or atleast give more information on what's happening. Basically from start to finish that plot never went anywhere. We had full issues wasted that could of been used to push the plot as that was supposed to be the main plot.

I think Coates just got sucked into his own agenda to bother

BANNED

Attachment 65676
    Attachment 65677

I'm a little late on the Erik conversation but I honestly liked the origin the film went with. The Golden Leapord alias was well added to.

The point of making a season about where are the gods is to answer the question or atleast give more information on what's happening. Basically from start to finish that plot never went anywhere. We had full issues wasted that could of been used to push the plot as that was supposed to be the main plot.

I would have liked to have gotten a clue. Instead he just dismissed it as if it wasn't important. Saying they fled/lost interest is not a plot point. Especially over the course of 13 months. He had lost my vote with the issue that launched a petition, but if he had put the "praying power" into Tchalla and he transformed like he did in Secret Wars, he might have gotten some extra credit points. lol

Except the point of the season wasn't really about where the gods are. We do get some back story about them, but this season wasn't really about them. THe point of this particular season was to deal with the threat of the Originars invading Wakanda in portals we learn in the end are created by the Adversary. The gods not being around may have helped create that situation, but that's not what the whole season was actually about. It was just a mystery lingering in the background. It's not like T'Challa was spending this season looking for the gods... he was spending it fighting the originators. And that's the conflict which ended up being resolved.

Comic book writers who are allowed to have long runs on a book sometimes don't resolve everything right away. Other writers like Bendis and Hickman have taken several years to resolve certainly questions. If you're given that much time, a writer can take their time. Again, Coates has at least another year to address this issue... maybe as much as 3 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Except the point of the season wasn't really about where the gods are. We do get some back story about them, but this season wasn't really about them. THe point of this particular season was to deal with the threat of the Originars invading Wakanda in portals we learn in the end are created by the Adversary. The gods not being around may have helped create that situation, but that's not what the whole season was actually about. It was just a mystery lingering in the background. It's not like T'Challa was spending this season looking for the gods... he was spending it fighting the originators. And that's the conflict which ended up being resolved.

Comic book writers who are allowed to have long runs on a book sometimes don't resolve everything right away. Other writers like Bendis and Hickman have taken several years to resolve certainly questions. If you're given that much time, a writer can take their time. Again, Coates has at least another year to address this issue... maybe as much as 3 more years.
    From what I see people generally do not like Bendis.

Hickman moved the overall plot along as he went. If the overall plot was to reboot the universe, New Avengers handled that while other stories were being told.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    From what I see people generally do not like Bendis.

Hickman moved the overall plot along as he went. If the overall plot was to reboot the universe, New Avengers handled that while other stories were being told.
    Judging from the internet comments made about Bendis Avengers run at the time, it would be easy to assume people didn't like Bendis... until you look at the numbers and realize at the time his Avengers run for the better part of a decade was both critically and commercially the must successful run in the industry. So internet comments be damned, clearly quite a few people liked Bendis enough to buy his book. Which was kinda the point.

As for Hickman ... plenty of people a third of the way in his run were saying the same things people say about Coates. It probably is fair to argue Hickman, Bendis and Coates all write in a decompressed manner... given they all were given runs that literally lasted years it's something they could afford to do.

Yeah it was actually, the question brought it was where are the gods, and why are weird things happening in Wakanda, one of which was the originators, with the portals. When the gods supposedly put then away and now they are coming out it's more then just background mystery. Even so he STILL didn't bother to answer the question, and it's actually a big question when considering TRO and where bast was when all of that happened. So no this isn't some "Oh long game slow burn he will get to it" he has barely even acknowledged his own changes in S1. And S3 is basically a relaunch and an entirely different pace (supposedly) so I doubt it's going to focus on where the gods wentsnd rather focus on this galactic slave empire instead

Judging from the internet comments made about Bendis Avengers run at the time, it would be easy to assume people didn't like Bendis... until you look at the numbers and realize at the time his Avengers run for the better part of a decade was both critically and commercially the must successful run in the industry. So internet comments be damned, clearly quite a few people liked Bendis enough to buy his book. Which was kinda the point.

As for Hickman ... plenty of people a third of the way in his run were saying the same things people say about Coates. It probably is fair to argue Hickman, Bendis and Coates all write in a decompressed manner... given they all were given runs that literally lasted years it's something they could afford to do.
    Did they like him or were they just loyal to the Avengers brand? Are Miles, RiRi, and Defenders equally successful? My only interaction with his was Secret Invasion. The main story was terrible, but the side books were great. I purchased the main simply because it was the focus of the universe at the time.