Marvel gonna milk this train

The J-man

First Lego Black Panther short.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    First Lego Black Panther short.
    The Infinity War designs look so weird here .

I also thought it was weird that Killmonger went from showing skin in his first design to his full bodysuit after her ripped it off...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He bugged Ross without his knowledge, he didn't ask him for Intel. Here's the Issue with trying to compare MCU Tchalla to Priests. MCU Tchalla is different, less experienced as a King, lost his father at a different age. This is his first movie, so there needs to be room to develop into plans upon plans and that will happen through the sequels. Ironman, Cap, Thor, they all went through this.

This is answering from another post you made, but you clearly missed the point of the second time he met with his father. He wasn't throwing a fit like a toddler. He was straight up telling his father who he worshipped, and his anscestors that they should of done more for the World m they were wrong, he was wrong to kill his brother and abandon his nephew and thw monster he became was their own doing. He wasn't saying the Monarch needs to go away, he was saying they need to open up to the world just like in the comics mind you. Also no he wasn't saying kilmonger was right. People conveniently forget it was Nakia who said it first. He was saying Nakia was right.

As for Coates. His panther doesn't want to be King and sits around giving feats away to supporting cast, with a knack to giving it to those who aren't apart of the franchise.

MCU panther is more comparable to Hudlin's WitBP 6 issue's Young and Fiery. He is a man of action.
    Actively locating and retrieving Nakia actively going after Klaw. He shows wisdom beyond his years and show's how he is a good King
    "MCU T'challa is inexperienced"

The problem with this notion is Coogler obviously didn't direct this movie to be a Black Panther: Year One or Black Panther Begins.

As others like to point out, "MCU T'challa is a distillation of all the other T'challas." So is he really meant to be inexperienced if all the iterations of MU T'challa that this MCU version is supposedly distilled from have never been inexperienced?

Now you guys are vying for this contradictory fusion of a T'challa who is too "inexperienced" but is also somehow super competent and totally not overshadowed by the other cast.

Which is it?

And yes T'challa was throwing a fit.
    Last edited by N'Jadaka; 05-11-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

"Experience causes you wisdom"- Barrington Levy

Attachment 65806

Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    "MCU T'challa is inexperienced"

The problem with this notion is Coogler obviously didn't direct this movie to be a Black Panther: Year One or Black Panther Begins.

As others like to point out, "MCU T'challa is a distillation of all the other T'challas." So is he really meant to be inexperienced if all the iterations of MU T'challa that this MCU version is supposedly distilled from have never been inexperienced?

Now you guys are vying for this contradictory fusion of a T'challa who is too "inexperienced" but is also somehow super competent and totally not overshadowed by the other cast.

Which is it?

And yes T'challa was throwing a fit.
    If your going to quote what I said then actually quote it correctly. I didn't say he was inexperienced in general, I said Less experienced as KING in the mcu. He had been Black panther since IM. However he just became King. And he is a mix of priest and hudlin and McGregors panther in his personality, that doesn't mean he is as experienced as those versions in terms of being King because MCU version isnt a direct pull from comics version, however, he still showed why Wakanda accepted him as their King on challenge day, because he is wise beyond his Years. He is fully competent and wasn't overshadowed by his cast. We just saw him essentially trying to find the right balance of how he wanted to rule. Plain and simple.

And no he wasn't throwing a fit. You simply for whatever reason failed to see the big picture if your relating that scene to a temper tantrum

He bugged Ross without his knowledge, he didn't ask him for Intel. Here's the Issue with trying to compare MCU Tchalla to Priests. MCU Tchalla is different, less experienced as a King, lost his father at a different age. This is his first movie, so there needs to be room to develop into plans upon plans and that will happen through the sequels. Ironman, Cap, Thor, they all went through this.

This is answering from another post you made, but you clearly missed the point of the second time he met with his father. He wasn't throwing a fit like a toddler. He was straight up telling his father who he worshipped, and his anscestors that they should of done more for the World m they were wrong, he was wrong to kill his brother and abandon his nephew and thw monster he became was their own doing. He wasn't saying the Monarch needs to go away, he was saying they need to open up to the world just like in the comics mind you. Also no he wasn't saying kilmonger was right. People conveniently forget it was Nakia who said it first. He was saying Nakia was right.

As for Coates. His panther doesn't want to be King and sits around giving feats away to supporting cast, with a knack to giving it to those who aren't apart of the franchise.

MCU panther is more comparable to Hudlin's WitBP 6 issue's Young and Fiery. He is a man of action.
    Actively locating and retrieving Nakia actively going after Klaw. He shows wisdom beyond his years and show's how he is a good King
    Hudlin's BP would never have lost a fight tho I'm just saying. Soon as Killmonger challenged him movie would been done
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Hudlin's BP would never have lost a fight tho I'm just saying. Soon as Killmonger challenged him movie would been done
    The first time Hudlin's BP went up against a real heavy weight, with real crap on the line, Doom, how did that go again?

T'Challa in a similar scenario like Peter Parker, only not as sever. The idea to keep him young enough to be active and adventurous but old enough to be 'experienced' and knowledgeable for his role.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Killmonger was working him over pretty good when they fought in "Back to Africa".

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The first time Hudlin's BP went up against a real heavy weight, with real crap on the line, Doom, how did that go again?
    The diplomatic mission after they were married? I only recall Latverian furniture getting broken

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Killmonger was working him over pretty good when they fought in "Back to Africa".
    working him over? They were pretty even. After someone got shot I think it was one of the Dora Milaje T'Challa puts Killmonger on his but. And ultimately BP is the last man standing.

The J-man

I mean, you're talking about Doom.

someone still needs to explain to me what happened to the Rhinos
    I can't remember where I read it (it might have been the Art of the Black Panther book), but someone (Marvel/Disney/Coogler/Cole) was concerned that it would look bad on Wakanda if the rhinos were killed (considering how endangered they are) and so they gave them the armor and made sure to show that T'Challa didn't kill the one he took down. I'm sure that probably has something to do with why we don't see them in IW.

---

In regards to Marvel's expectations for Black Panther, I can almost guarantee that, by the $200m budget and the reception of his appearance in Civil War, Marvel was expecting somewhere in the range of $300-$400m domestic and $300-$450m international for a global total between $600-$850m. Probably toward the lower end.

Had they known he was going to take off like he did, they likely would have involves him more. I think it's clear that they thought Benedict Cumberbatch's Dr. Strange was going to be the bigger of the new heroes.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bc everytime x office touches bp or his mythos, something cringeworthy or something thst goes agsinst established canon happens.

Or they completely ignore tchalla or wakandas capabilities.

Ill sacrifice 1000000 wakandans for tchalla feats.

I wouldnt sacrifice a wakandan blade of grass for storm or gentle.

Timeline wise, we need more context to see
    I dont think xmen red has shown him in a bad light... but the xoffices and their books suck iin general so you want get any arguements there.

and it's fair to want some BP feats. again I dont dre any issue there.

yea. based upon what has already happened with the first 3 issues it really hard to say. these events that are happening now I think are two months in the past in xmen red.

How much of Wakanda or how many Wakandans do you think Storm plows through before Jean saves the day?
    as someone mentioned storm is just targeting mutants there don't be many.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She seems to be specifically targeting mutants. I think the rest of WK should be okay.

Best outcome from an Xbook is that Jean and Storm stalemate and Gentle catches Storm off guard and knocks her out.

Tom Taylor has been doing good work though. He might surprise us. lol
    I don't think anyone will be knocking her out. I believe once they realize she is being mind controlled they will try their best not to hurt her. these people care about her we must keep that in mindm

The fact that storm is even there on Wakanda os already bad enough. Wakanda doesn't need Storm protecting them
    have you read the issue of why she is even there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's like saying the US doesn't need Black Panther protecting them. While true to some degree, everyone needs a few extra super heroes now and then.

Plus, it's not like Storm has a choice being there. She's obviously being controlled.
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Aahhhh! I just jizzed myself a bit. Don't play with me like this!
    lmfao you are insane

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As an Avenger, a member of the FF, and former guardian of hells kitchen he's protected the US plenty of times. In fact you could make an argument T'CHalla has had just as many stories in the US as he has had in Wakanda. Maybe even more. If you are a marvel character, you spend a lot of time beating up bad guys in NY. THat's kind of how it's always been.

But that aside... Black Panther and Storm are dating, so it's not a huge shock that they might share an adventure together in an X book. X-Men red in particular has another Wakandan on the team, so I'd say it was inevitable.
    again nothing but truth
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In the least, the first time he went up against Doom under Hudlin went a whole lot better than the second time he went against Doom. He still arguably was losing in the end (till Storm jumped in), but it was mostly an even fight till that point.

BUt it's Doom we're talking about.