Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Shuri could still become Black Panther in BP 3. By then she could have trained or built a full Black Panther suit.
    Question, why would Shuri become Black Panther when T'challa being Panther hit it so well? I ask only cause one, let's give a black male hero a time to be absorbed before he gets snatched away for a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Question, why would Shuri become Black Panther when T'challa being Panther hit it so well? I ask only cause one, let's give a black male hero a time to be absorbed before he gets snatched away for a woman.
    Cause Chadwick is already 41. By the time we get to #3 he could be 45 or older. With a big career ahead of him. He seems to favor docudramas

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Lil bit of an exaggeration really

hesitation: "I... yes"

unsure: "I suppose"

vague: "close"

negativity: "we were married"

Very carefully chosen words when I simple "yes" would have sufficed and answered the question.....

if you read coates bp, tchalla wanted to label what they had as something. ororo challenged putting a title to what they had because it nearly destroyed their relationship:

the hestistation you see in red is simply his reluctance to acknowledge there arent any labels, at least for now. so no there are no exaggerations here when you keep everything's mind that has occurred in both books.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

T'challa and Strange were only in one panel of Avengers 2 btw. Just fighting some bug thing underground.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if you read coates bp, tchalla wanted to label what they had as something. ororo challenged putting a title to what they had because it nearly destroyed their relationship:

the hestistation you see in red is simply his reluctance to acknowledge there arent any labels, at least for now. so no there are no exaggerations here when you keep everything's mind that has occurred in both books.
    Well, you are an X fan who really really really really wants to believe that the X office will finally let this happen.

I am a BP fan who has been burned by the X office one too many times.

You are optimistic, looking at vagueness and seeing the good side. You see it as Tom being a continuity master who somehow got ahold of BP script while it was being written and knew the ending of season 2.

Me pessimistic, looking at vagueness and seeing the bad side. That Tom left it vague to give the himself an out if he wants to hook Storm up with Forge, Namor, or whatever flavor of the month it is this time.

I guess we will see what happens *shrug*

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

they purposefully gave Shuri a unique role (and even stealing it from comic T'challa himself) to stop any of the "Shuri is just woman T'challa whose only role is eventually be BP."

It ain't gonna happen in BP2. And it is still a long shot to happen in BP3 IMO. Third movie is a wild card. Anything is possible then. Possible, but a longshot. We still haven't seen a true "legacy" character in the MCU yet.

and, to be frank, Letita ain't big enough to lead a movie lol

A more interesting discussion to me is... what are they going to do in BP2 to make it unique?

- Invasion story is out. Can't get bigger than Thanos

- Already did the "someone steals vibranium" story

- already did the "vibranium used as a weapon of mass destruction" story

- already had a "villain wants the throne" story

So, IMO that leaves you with

- War
    - a villain who just wants to see Wakanda burn for whatever reason. Achebe can fill this..
    - mystical MEPHISTO!
    - Rebellion

Also next interesting question... who dies next?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-16-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Yeah I said this earlier, but, apparently its not a big deal or even the natural order of things when this happens, so...*shrugs*

Well, you are an X fan who really really really really wants to believe that the X office will finally let this happen.

I am a BP fan who has been burned by the X office one too many times.

You are optimistic, looking at vagueness and seeing the good side. You see it as Tom being a continuity master who somehow got ahold of BP script while it was being written and knew the ending of season 2.

Me pessimistic, looking at vagueness and seeing the bad side. That Tom left it vague to give the himself an out if he wants to hook Storm up with Forge, Namor, or whatever flavor of the month it is this time.

I guess we will see what happens *shrug*
    exactly I agree it is way to early to say with certainty but the fact this was acknowledged at all is a pretty good indication they are respecting what Coates at least has done. he mentioned they are close again which goes beyond just a friendship. but yea I agree lets wait and see. I still think he got major props in red today. I thought this was very well done.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well that's because you never experienced a love like she and he has lolol I do think the only reason their relationship is being handled as such is solely build them back together. however, the fact it was acknowledged at all demonstrates that the xoffices arent out to get tchalla or contradict what coates has done. in fact there were a lot of good tchalla moments that highlighted just how intelligent he is. I think it contradicts showings of the past and I think he was handled very well.
    Given the panel posted by MoS.. Eh they kinda acknowledge it, it's more like dancing around the answer rather then being straight up. So they kinda at Ball and we are supposed to be good now? Don't forget in S2 while Tchalla was "Your my Best friend"-ing storm and on that I am yours stuff, that had her kissing Gambit. So it's very easy for the. To heel turn when they need their exotic piece of meat to get with the next xman

a
    they purposefully gave Shuri a unique role (and even stealing it from comic T'challa himself) to stop any of the "Shuri is just woman T'challa whose only role is eventually be BP."

It ain't gonna happen in BP2. And it is still a long shot to happen in BP3 IMO. Third movie is a wild card. Anything is possible then. Possible, but a longshot. We still haven't seen a true "legacy" character in the MCU yet.

A more interesting discussion to me is... what are they going to do in BP2 to make it unique?

- War
    - a villain who just wants to see Wakanda burn for whatever reason. Achebe can fill this..
    - mystical MEPHISTO!
    - Rebellion

Ramonda. She's the last "elder" T'challa can rely on to help advise him.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 05-16-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Given the panel posted by MoS.. Eh they kinda acknowledge it, it's more like dancing around the answer rather then being straight up. So they kinda at Ball and we are supposed to be good now? Don't forget in S2 while Tchalla was "Your my Best friend"-ing storm and on that I am yours stuff, that had her kissing Gambit. So it's very easy for the. To heel turn when they need their exotic piece of meat to get with the next xman
    what would have said? they both agreed in 172 there are no titles to what they have .

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Cause Chadwick is already 41. By the time we get to #3 he could be 45 or older. With a big career ahead of him. He seems to favor docudramas
    I would like to say, first off RDJ started as iron Man at what? 42?-43? So it's not like T'chadwick is too old that's just an excuse. T'chadwick hit the ground running and every movie he has been in has grossed 1 Bil, and his solo is the biggest of all. Marvel is going to keep him as long as they can

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think Shuri stands a better chance of being the MCU's version of Ironheart to be honest than BP

- War
    - mystical MEPHISTO!
    - Rebellion

Plus Letitia said she doesn't want Shuri to become BP. I doubt it will happen. She is the lead on the WDG that is where she will stay. Plus the HSH is gone so unless it magically reappears or bast grants power, no one else can
    Eveb become BP... Which that too can be a Story going forward "what happens now that the HSH is gone? Is this the end of BPs after Tchallas reign?"

A whole lot of paranoia in this thread concerning T’Challa’s future.

-T’Challa is the BP and King in the MCU.

-T’Challa is the BP and King in the comics.

-T’Challa is the BP and King in other media and merchandising.

-T’Challa was the lead character in a billion dollar solo movie that gained a humongous following.

-T’Challa is more popular than ever before.

Why on Earth would Feige and the writers sideline T’Challa now? He’s the franchise player. He’s a cash cow. It would be insane for them to do so before, at the least, getting a trilogy out of him.

Just because some vocal MCU fans want Shuri to become a BP doesn’t mean it will happen now or even at all. Cap hasn’t been replaced despite first appearing 7 years ago. Same with Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk. All of them have legacy characters and non of them have been replaced yet. T’Challa will, at the least, get his three solo films.

At best, someone will be the temp leader in Avengers 4 until T’Challa comes back by the end of that film to be in charge once more in time for BP 2. Either way, T’Challa will be back and in charge.

Lastly, if a spin-off film of some kind does come out, that doesn’t mean that the BP solo films are done, nor does it mean that T’Challa couldn’t play a role in said film. Peggy Carter getting her spin-off didn’t prevent the Cap films from continuing.

Y’all need to relax lol.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-16-2018 at 08:28 AM.