y'all reaching so hard with this. I swear this is Y2k all over again
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Well you're going to have problems because that's what everyone wants outside this forum.
    I mean Shuri being queen is MU canon.

One can argue about it happening too soon or whatnot' but one can not be angry at the prospect of it happening. It legitimately occurs in-universe that Shuri takes the throne.

Shuri's reign as BP is one of my favorite arcs, tbh.

So I won't be mad if the MCU does her reign justice.
    Last edited by N'Jadaka; 05-16-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post

One can argue about it happening too soon or whatnot' but one can not be angry at the prospect of it happening. It legitimately occurs in-universe that Shuri takes the throne.

The art was on point. Especially the armor they gave her. But I knew something was wrong early on when they gave Namor a pass and Wakanda started taking on debt. lol

MCU is not MU. Big changes can happen in the MCU that dont line up with the comics. Like how Tony created Ultron. The HSH is gone. There isn't any way that we know of to have more BP's. So this whole Shuri will take over is BS. Letitia even said too she doesn't want Shuri to be BP because you can't have BP without T'Challa. M'Baku would be a more likely candidate. Shuri had a specific role given to her purposefully. To separate her From T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    y'all reaching so hard with this. I swear this is Y2k all over again
    I love how we're "reaching" when we're just putting literal quotes from MCU directors and writers and people in the know and putting them into context.

Power IMO is a very underrated BP story arc. It was well written, had great art, and did a great job creating a unique supporting cast and status quo for Shuri. She even had her own little support team. Shame they vanished from the face of the earth after that one arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm still not sure how that's a bad thing. The talk of an all-woman MCU spin-off movie has been the hot topic of discussion for the last year.

Black Panther merchandise has been selling like hot cakes as well. That alone would pretty much debunk the idea that people don't care about the character.
    An all women spin off movie would be a lot of fun, if they can figure out a reasonably organic reason to bring them all together. There are a lot of fun female characters in the MCU which I'd love to see interacting with each other.

I love how we're "reaching" when we're just putting literal quotes from MCU directors and writers and people in the know and putting them into context.
    You're taking quotes and everything that follows is a reach, because the quotes don't say anything that supports your argument. The crux of the argument is that BP is a mantle, which leaps to Shuri becoming BP.

This is just like people who think Lebron is going to the Lakers. "Omg he's got a house in LA." "Look he's in LA he must be going to the Lakers." same thing. The quotes you've presented are so plain jane and generic. You could spin it that way if you want but at this point its just spin.

the only thing that gives this idea legs is that it happened in the comics.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa and Strange were only in one panel of Avengers 2 btw. Just fighting some bug thing underground.
    I honestly didn't remember them appearing at all, so I had to go back and look. This is a book with a large cast of characters and things are still coming together, so they haven't had much time to devote to any real character development. So far, the focus is on the big three, with maybe Robbie Reyes next.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The art was on point. Especially the armor they gave her. But I knew something was wrong early on when they gave Namor a pass and Wakanda started taking on debt. lol
    Namor always gets a pass.

Shuri during Hickman's run is what finalized my favoritism towards her over T'challa.

What your quoting from people in the know and directors don't at all Support the idea that Tchalla is being replaced and Shuri is going to be BP. Especially Given how the movie ended, you know, HSH Being gone

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Power IMO is a very underrated BP story arc. It was well written, had great art, and did a great job creating a unique supporting cast and status quo for Shuri. She even had her own little support team. Shame they vanished from the face of the earth after that one arc.
    Off the top of my head, Power is straight after The Deadliest Of The Species, right?

Off the top of my head, Power is straight after The Deadliest Of The Species, right?
    Yeah. Maeberrys first arc on the book. I thought it was pretty good. It made me actually like Shuri (I found her a little annoying honestly under Hudlin).

Fantastic Member

Would you look at the time? Seems like it's half-past "you guys cried wolf on Hickman's run when he treated T'Challa like a beast."

Silly Doomwar stuff? Hickman wrote a Wakanda that was smart enough to avoid being crippled so easily. Only went down to all of Thanos's forces - and it all came back. Set up for success. T'Challa was a genius. Had feats. Had cool tech. Used the IG to fight Doom effectively, and even his loss was a win.

Ah... but he cried in a totally reasonable situation. But he didn't manage to kill Namor. Thus, garbage run. 0/10

And then, enter Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I honestly didn't remember them appearing at all, so I had to go back and look. This is a book with a large cast of characters and things are still coming together, so they haven't had much time to devote to any real character development. So far, the focus is on the big three, with maybe Robbie Reyes next.
    Yeah, until the team gets together fully, stuff like this is gonna happen
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html