Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I disagree that Namor was kept alive for nothing.

Him and T'Challa putting aside their differences and working together I think was important to show on panel (something we never got with Steve and Tony). It's what heroes are SUPPOSED to do... they're supposed to rise about their own petty issues and be real heroes in the end.

I wish they had more panel time to explore them resolving their issues. But at least we got it.
    I think you mean ANY panel time. It resolved during a time jump.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

They sort of did that with Pym, though we didn't know about it until later.

At the time that was my biggest criticism of the Illuminati as well though. But in hindsight it sort of worked out for the best. Someone needed to focus on stopping the incursions, and they had that covered (until the Cabal took over) while Doom got to the root of the problem. Both bases needed to be covered.
    The problem though is that they logically down that from the start. It's like having a murder mystery and never wondering about the motive.

More than that, they had the resources to do so much more. I mean hell, every member was a 24/7 hero.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think you mean ANY panel time. It resolved during a time jump.
    We got them working working together to stop Doom on panel. We don't see how they got to that point (and believe me I wish we did), but the point being we see for a fact that they are putting aside their own personal agendas to save the freaking multiverse.

I at least needed to see it. Especially after how Steve and Tony went out. T'Challa and Namor are the contrast to that.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    If they show Shuri as Black Panther in A4, She will become BP again down the line.
    You say this like we've never had time travel stories with future versions of characters before or alternate realities before. That is essentially what this is for now.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.

We got them working working together to stop Doom on panel. We don't see how they got to that point (and believe me I wish we did), but the point being we see for a fact that they are putting aside their own personal agendas to save the freaking multiverse.

I at least needed to see it. Especially after how Steve and Tony went out. T'Challa and Namor are the contrast to that.
    The only thing namor did was quip then get one shotted.

And they havent spoken sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The problem though is that they logically down that from the start. It's like having a murder mystery and never wondering about the motive.

More than that, they had the resources to do so much more. I mean hell, every member was a 24/7 hero.
    But you can't solve the mystery of the incursions if you're killed by an incursion. Stopping the incursions was the only way they could buy themselves enough time to figure out what was causing them. If not for the Illuminati, Doom would have died before he had a chance to solve the mystery

That aside, I think because they didn't have access to molecule man or personal history with the Beyonder (to the degree Doom had), I suspect had they focused more on finding the source they would have fallen into the same trap as the Builders and the Captain Britian Corps. Dooms history make him uniquely qualified to solve the mystery.

Again, I don't disagree with your criticism in principal. I made the same remarks at the start of the story. But ultimately everyone played the roles they needed to play. Doom stopped the Beyonders, the Illumianti and the Cabal bought him time by stoppig the incursions, while Val pushed for them to not lose with the idea of the life rafts. They all sort of tackled the problem from different angles, and they all ended up being necessary.

They worked together to find the artificacts, get the zombie army in line, and fight Doom.

But again, the important thing narratively speaking isn't even what Namor did. The important thing was to show that these characters were willing to do the right thing and put aside their personal beef to work together to save the multiverse. Win, lose or draw they at least were going out doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    spoilers:
    I literally can't think of a time travel movie without potholes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Surprisingly Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is almost perfect. There's only one tiny paradox, and it could easily be hand-waved.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    It's no one lynchpin of the Universe.
    for the "Avengers" films there is one character that is tantamount to the lynchpin
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    for the "Avengers" films there is one character that is tantamount to the lynchpin
    Well, times change.

RDJ will want to play different roles, and he's gotten enough money from Disney to build his own, actual iron man armor.

Panther showed enough chops to be the next load bearer, I'd say

How did the crying not make sense? T'Challa was essentially sentencing 2 entire universes to death because he was unable to compromise his beliefs and murder billions of people. His friends, family and loved ones were all going to die because he was unable to act. His father was screaming at him to save everyone and he couldn't do it. Anyone in that situation could crack in such an impossible situation.
    Because Tchalla would of stated his stance and told his father that with confidence, not acting like he was a child needing to be scolded by Daddy. Like you said he was unwilling to compromise hos beliefs, he would of acted like such. No one else cried like that when they came to the fact that they couldn't pull the trigger. Again it was a weak scene. Maybe of the art and dialogue was better it would of been less stupid but as it stands it was poor. Just as bad as the scene with Tchalla going to ororo too

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, times change.

RDJ will want to play different roles, and he's gotten enough money from Disney to build his own, actual iron man armor.

Panther showed enough chops to be the next load bearer, I'd say
    yes thats why I commented it will be interesting to see where Marvel goes, whether its a more well rounded approach or another character takes that "role"
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because Tchalla would of stated his stance and told his father that with confidence, not acting like he was a child needing to be scolded by Daddy. Like you said he was unwilling to compromise hos beliefs, he would of acted like such. No one else cried like that when they came to the fact that they couldn't pull the trigger. Again it was a weak scene. Maybe of the art and dialogue was better it would of been less stupid but as it stands it was poor. Just as bad as the scene with Tchalla going to ororo too
    I was more curious to why he asked form the trigger in the first place. Hickman was good pushing to the edge of a great feat. than pulling back by either moving it off panel or failing to deliver the goods.

Exactly, had Tchalla killed Namor, sw wouldn't of changed have strange teleport everyone away, he goes with Tchalla to get the guantlet and gets killed by Doom.. same ending

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    From Ture over at the HEF. Lowering expectations for anyone who thought this was going to be good for WK. lol. He started Coates; first reboot on one knee. lol

I hate Coates. I fucking hate that male feminist. Get him the **** off this book.