Page 499 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 3994494894954964974984995005015025035095495999991499 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    i'm getting the same vibes now that i'm reading New Avengers #25 that Doom is going to eat up the whole damn story lol! I hope i'm wrong and i'm just paranoid. Whenever i see Doom in a story arc of any of my favorite books i know things will be going to the toilet. The story will immediately be written to fit/service him. I dont even fear the character i find him ridiculous but i fear the service he gets from writers..
    Doom did arguably star in the original Secret Wars, so I suppose there's a possibility he might end up monopolizing a good deal of storyline this time around too. Though I'm sure plenty of other heroes will get their share of panel time too.

I for one actually like the fact that Doom is protected by marvel to a good degree. Really the only villains with any real event level cred left are him and Thanos and that's because certain writers go to great lengths to protect their credibility. Part of the reason I think the hero vs hero event has become such a fad in recent years is precisely because so few villains are able to to seem like credible threats anymore. Doom and Thanos are really the exceptions. And going out of your way to write the character strong is really the only way to do that since even Doom and Thanos really have to always end up losing in the end. Villains are inherently losers, and trying to convince readers that they're not can take a lot of work. Doom is a rare sucess story.

I think I'm one of like 5 bp fans that liked doomwar, every bp fan at my lcs hated it but I do agree the ending was bad. The book that should not be named really makes everyone in this thread mad lol.
    We need better comics

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

I liked it until the last two issues or so when I realized they weren't going to let T'challa do much. THEN the ending came lol. That soured the whole ting for me.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They need to bring back Kiber. He was a villain with a very good powerset and he was pretty cunning. They could also bring back the 6 Million Year Man and Princess Zanda. There's also Venomm and the Collectors. All they need to do us upgrade them and make them more credible threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They could definately link Kiber with the whole Shadow Physics thing. He'd definately be a fun character to bring back, if for no other reason than he had a pretty cool name.
    Throw me in as a Kiber supporter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Zanda would be cool to see brought back. I also always really liked Achebe.
    Both characters are worth a second look.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Black Panther + Shadow Physics = Excellent Fight Versus Klaw!

Spiderman is a jump around, dip, duck and dodge hero where as Black Panther can do some of that but also drag Klaw into the "No Where Room" and have some fun in ways only someone with an imaginative writing skill could pull off!

Shadow Physics is the "rescuing Device" that could easily explain all of Black Panther's unusual wins without him seeming like a Mary Sue!

For Wakanda to remain undefeated in the Marvel universe there should be protocols like Priest had for Galactus where even Batman himself would be awed at the type of mystical magical or scientific ish T'challa could pull out of his @$$!

The Black Panther should be a playground for any writer who wants to stretch things at random with victories over foes that should overmatch him but don't in the end!

Remember when comic books used to be fun... Black Panther should be that gateway to beyond by default!

Thanos should be somewhere stuck in the "No Where Room" shaking his head sitting right next to Mephisto on some how the FRAK did this dude chump them out like that!
    Another fantastic post.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And if the current New Avengers storyline involves Doom getting the better of Thanos in any major way, watch for Starlin to retcon THAT first chance he gets.
    If Starlin can get away with that, more power to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    It isn't the first time he's been killed. He can come back. But yes, I agree. He deserves a big story. Hell, get T'Challa back onto the main Avengers team and I think you could work an event around Killmonger.
    Yeah, part of Killmonger's charm is that death can't stop him.

Extraordinary Member

All I wanted from Doomwar was for BP just beat Doom's butt, and drive him out of Wakanda.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Obviously, no way would Luke Cage's battle with Doom back in the day would have gone down with modern writers.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I think I'm one of like 5 bp fans that liked doomwar, every bp fan at my lcs hated it but I do agree the ending was bad. The book that should not be named really makes everyone in this thread mad lol.
    I liked doomwar to be honest

the art was good, there was no part in the story that made me feel bored. It's also one of the instance where they really showed how advanced the wakandans are such as the camouflage technology the midnight angels used, the mech bots t'challa made to guard the boarders and the uniform the destroy soldiers used were awesome and I hope that appears in the movie

I also liked the back and forth between T'Challa and Doom. However, the ending and how Doom was able to pass the test of the Panther god was like what the f***? you mean to tell me share couldn't go through but doom was able to go through? No No No

Overall it was good but if you can just drill the ending from your memory, then I think your good

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Doom did arguably star in the original Secret Wars, so I suppose there's a possibility he might end up monopolizing a good deal of storyline this time around too. Though I'm sure plenty of other heroes will get their share of panel time too.

I for one actually like the fact that Doom is protected by marvel to a good degree. Really the only villains with any real event level cred left are him and Thanos and that's because certain writers go to great lengths to protect their credibility.
    Marvel may have to end up doing what Geoff Johns did at DC where every time a C-list hero faced a named villian, not only did that hero die in battle...that hero died horribly in battle.

Just to re-inforce the badassitude of thier villans.

The Marvel equivalent that kind of thinking, would be for the Wrecking Crew regining thier bad guy cred by beating
    the entire core New Warriors team to death.

I'd hate to be around this place if Johns ever goes over to Marvel, LOL.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

I hear people saying this alot. How did we get to a point where these villains didn't matter anymore? Was it the Thunderbolts series taking them out of rotation or something? Did this act in concert with their long term inactiveness in terms of villainy "soften" them so to speak?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

It ebbs and flows. There was a point in the 90's where editorial and the fans gave so few shits about Thanos that Ka-Zar was allowed to kick his ass. This would be the Ka-Zar who has absolutely no powers, of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    At least BP and the X-men were on good terms then...

My favourite moment from Doomwar

Attachment 19360