Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Where was this when I was a kid? Live action Spider-Man, Black Panther and Avengers. That's almost too much awesomeness.

Though sucks Black Cat is still a villain.
    I grew up on Spider-Man TAS I will never think of Black Cat as a villain

Ironically I'll never think of Catwoman as a hero either despite DC weirdly trying to push her and Harley as heroes
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I enjoyed most of Rise, but I wasn't feeling this last issue. It felt like a bit of a rushed mess. But I'm sure the biggest reason is these retcons bothered me more than the previous retcons. It's not really reconcilable with what came before and his encounter with Killmonger just isn't anywhere near as intense as Panther's Rage. Nor could it be, I suppose, but I don't see why this had to be the story to tell. For awhile, it seemed to be telling its own story. N'Jadaka factored into that story but he wasn't the villain. By the end, he was supposedly the main threat, but it didn't seem to fit together. It seemed far better to just tell a story set before his initial appearance in the Fantastic Four or, barring that, very early on before we saw a lot of his history in other stories.
    I think a better ending would have been tchalla discovering the dead bodies and killmonger is just gone, in the wind.

An ominous ending that killmonger will return (panthers rage)

Instead of killmonger hacking into weapons ****, u coukd have had him hacking into a database of tge death regiment.

Since evans loved wiki style easter eggs, coulda had a list of suspects... baron, cadaver, bad skin dude, ect

Mbaku would have made more sense as an issue six villain probably
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I was fine with the weapon plot since that was set up thematically throughout, but they should have gone with a different villain instead. Even Hunter would have made more sense for the story they were telling and it could have led up to the initial plotline of Priest's run where he's essentially a persona non grata.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think a better ending would have been tchalla discovering the dead bodies and killmonger is just gone, in the wind.

An ominous ending that killmonger will return (panthers rage)

Instead of killmonger hacking into weapons ****, u coukd have had him hacking into a database of tge death regiment.

Since evans loved wiki style easter eggs, coulda had a list of suspects... baron, cadaver, bad skin dude, ect

Mbaku would have made more sense as an issue six villain probably
    Maybe they will save M'Baku for a sequel mini. He does his heel turn after he joins the Avengers, which is where this book stopped.

But yeah ... it's a shame we didn't get any real M'Baku love in Rise. They were buddies in the past. Would have liked to see that on panel.

I enjoyed most of Rise, but I wasn't feeling this last issue. It felt like a bit of a rushed mess. But I'm sure the biggest reason is these retcons bothered me more than the previous retcons. It's not really reconcilable with what came before and his encounter with Killmonger just isn't anywhere near as intense as Panther's Rage. Nor could it be, I suppose, but I don't see why this had to be the story to tell. For awhile, it seemed to be telling its own story. N'Jadaka factored into that story but he wasn't the villain. By the end, he was supposedly the main threat, but it didn't seem to fit together. It seemed far better to just tell a story set before his initial appearance in the Fantastic Four or, barring that, very early on before we saw a lot of his history in other stories.
    Had Evans had 12 issue's to tell rather then 6, ot would of been alot better. 6 issues just isn't enough for what he wanted to tell.

Wasn't there a retcon in an Avengers book where he met Killmonger in Harlem? Or was that just added after the fact.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ It was a retcon in Jungle Action itself, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Had Evans had 12 issue's to tell rather then 6, ot would of been alot better. 6 issues just isn't enough for what he wanted to tell.
    What exactly was the story he wanted to tell? There wasn't really any overarching theme or plot, just some loose elements.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

What exactly was the story he wanted to tell? There wasn't really any overarching theme or plot, just some loose elements.
    Ultimately I think that was the problem with the book. It was a collection of really cool well written characters in a lot of well written fun scenes. But as a whole it wasn't what I would call a good story start to finish.

That said I liked it. But I think it's more for the die hard BP fan than the casual comic reader.

T'Challas first year basically as King. He wanted certain encounters to go along with the kilmonger plot. He could of took the Doom Story out and used that for more kilmonger plot, but essentially what he did from issue 1 (T'Chaka and N'Yami) to issue 6 would of worked better as a year long story. There just wasn't any time to explore everything.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I just rewatched the movie on my flight and why was i almost near tears again after seeing all that melanin like it was the first time I saw the movie? bp was just so exceptional and well done; super curious what the second movie will be about and I'm hoping the writing and the awareness that the first movie had is not lost in the second.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The J-man

That said I liked it. But I think it's more for the die hard BP fan than the casual comic reader.
    I think there was a little of both.

sprinkling in WS, Namor, Storm, Doom, and even Killmonger seemed to be a "casual" thing.

The book definitely didn't go the way I thought ti would go when announced. I assumed it would be almost a pure movie thing. AKA only movie and maybe some MCU people would show up and the book would be about the origins of both T'challa and Killmonger.

As a comic reader, I am happy with the more comicy feel though.

Also, I am trying to be critical of the material but I REALLY enjoyed the book. It didn't reach say... SWAD. EotS, Sturn, Kingpin of Wakanda heights but it is in a solid second tier for me.

And i loved the aesthetic of the art as well.

I would also love to see more minis sprinkled in and I wouldnt have any problem with Evan's doing them

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think there was a little of both.

sprinkling in WS, Namor, Storm, Doom, and even Killmonger seemed to be a "casual" thing.

The book definitely didn't go the way I thought ti would go when announced. I assumed it would be almost a pure movie thing. AKA only movie and maybe some MCU people would show up and the book would be about the origins of both T'challa and Killmonger.

As a comic reader, I am happy with the more comicy feel though.

Also, I am trying to be critical of the material but I REALLY enjoyed the book. It didn't reach say... SWAD. EotS, Sturn, Kingpin of Wakanda heights but it is in a solid second tier for me.

And i loved the aesthetic of the art as well.

I would also love to see more minis sprinkled in and I wouldnt have any problem with Evan's doing them
    It's the guys first comic, and for a mini it actually sold pretty well. So all things considered, I'd say the good far out weights the bad. No reason we shouldn't see work from him again if he's interested.

It's the guys first comic, and for a mini it actually sold pretty well. So all things considered, I'd say the good far out weights the bad. No reason we shouldn't see work from him again if he's interested.
    Considering Black Panther can be rather isolated from the rest of the super hero world quite easily and the large gaps in time in between solos... you can easily do minis during certain time periods.

For instance, what was T'challa doing during the gap between Kingpin of Wakanda and Hickmans F4 story? When he was back in Wakanda, but not a Black Panther or King of the Dead?

How about a mini series where he gets that brain aneurysm cured? Lol

Maybe a team up with Dr. Strange to find a magical solution. It would explain why he was in New York during Kaspers' time.