I think it would be cool to have an Ultimates book featuring:

T'challa
    Giant Man (Pym)
    Mr. Fantastic
    Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk (Banner)

I would have them function somewhat similar to the last iteration of the Ultimates but with the biggest A list brains in the MU. But they would operate in concert with the other Superhumans. Basically they would be like the Fantastic Four but their mission would be to uncover pending threats to the MU rather than pure exploration.

So say Reed uncovers so parallel universe that's hostile. He calls these guys and they go and make sure the alternate warlords know not to even bother with Earth, because these are just five people and there are thousands on the other side of the portal just like them.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-15-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

T'challa
    Giant Man (Pym)
    Mr. Fantastic
    Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk (Banner)

I would have them function somewhat similar to the last iteration of the Ultimates but with the biggest A list brains in the MU. But they would operate in concert with the other Superhumans. Basically they would be like the Fantastic Four but their mission would be to uncover pending threats to the MU rather than pure exploration.

So say Reed uncovers so parallel universe that's hostile. He calls these guys and they go and make sure the alternate warlords know not to even bother with Earth, because these are just five people and there are thousands on the other side of the portal just like them.
    That's a cool concept. A lot of Illuminati guys in there. I'd definitely be on board for this.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-15-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That's a cool concept. A lot of Illuminati guys in there. I'D definitely be on board for this.
    HOnestly I think that's close enough to the Illuminati that they should probably call it the Illuminati rather than the Ultimates. Granted there's a lot of baggage to go with that title and concept... but I imagine that would almost have to be a part of the narrative anyways.

I'd actually still use Strange even if he's not as smart as the rest. Next to Reed, Strange is probably the go-to guy for solving BIG problems.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-15-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I think that's close enough to the Illuminati that they should probably call it the Illuminati rather than the Ultimates. Granted there's a lot of baggage to go with that title and concept... but I imagine that would almost have to be a part of the narrative anyways.

I'd actually still use Strange even if he's not as smart as the rest. Next to Reed, Strange is probably the go-to guy for solving BIG problems.
    I would love to see Strange on there. He should be in my eyes anyway, one of the top 10 smartest heroes.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The last iteration of Ultimates was similar to the Illuminati too, but I don't want these guys operating in secret. Essentially they'd function as more of a vanguard and deterrent operating in tandem with groups like the X-Men, Avengers, SHIELD, and SWORD.

We can add in Strange as well since the Mystic side is equally important.

Pym finds and invasion from the microverse? Let's send in the Ultimates to end this quickly.

Basically, these guys are the types that would be able to find a threat, identify a way to stop it, and implement it before we need to commit any additional lives to the cause.

If they are met with something even they cant handle... well I guess you have the next summer event.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-15-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

the Ultimates operated with full government cooperation and even recorded what they were doing.

There mission was to be the anti-illuminati.

In fact, when they started doing stuff in secret is when the dumb govt superhero group got involved to stop it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

A fair amount of Avengers have done double duty as far as being in he main eventers team while being in a satellite book. Heck. almost half the original Uncanny Avengers team were also on Hickmans main team. So I'd very much support T'Challa being in the Ultimates, as long as he was still on the main Avengers team too. Course, you can argue it's a bit redundant... but hey, I'll take him in another book. The more the better (for me at least).
    That's mostly because Hickman had 82 avengers on the team lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    the Ultimates operated with full government cooperation and even recorded what they were doing.

There mission was to be the anti-illuminati.

In fact, when they started doing stuff in secret is when the dumb govt superhero group got involved to stop it.
    So then essentially it would be more or less the same mission statement but with a team that can move books.
    Pull List:

I also just realized that there were no women on my team, so throw in Moon Girl to act sort of like Oracle.

She can even bring in Devil Dinosaur and do the mindswap thing so she can get in on the action, but be physically safe.
    Pull List:

The last iteration of Ultimates was similar to the Illuminati too, but I don't want these guys operating in secret. Essentially they'd function as more of a vanguard and deterrent operating in tandem with groups like the X-Men, Avengers, SHIELD, and SWORD.

We can add in Strange as well since the Mystic side is equally important.

Pym finds and invasion from the microverse? Let's send in the Ultimates to end this quickly.

Basically, these guys are the types that would be able to find a threat, identify a way to stop it, and implement it before we need to commit any additional lives to the cause.

If they are met with something even they cant handle... well I guess you have the next summer event.
    That would probably be the story of the book.

Initially they operate with clear transperacy (like the Ultimates). But sooner or later some big problem will require them to act like jerks to properly resolve (really that's what always happens when you get Reed and Tony in a room together without Steve), and that's when the Illuminati really start rolling. But that's for down the line

I also just realized that there were no women on my team, so throw in Moon Girl to act sort of like Oracle.

She can even bring in Devil Dinosaur and do the mindswap thing so she can get in on the action, but be physically safe.
    I would switch moon girl out with a different female hero. Not sure who but an actual adult otherwise it dials the book down because she is just a child.

T'challa
    Giant Man (Pym)
    Mr. Fantastic
    Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk (Banner)

I would throw in strange, BM, spectrum and Sue and take out banner or pym. Banner is too unpredictable and that would be bad for the team unless he went the tro route to control himself and I find pym to be boring unfortunately

So then essentially it would be more or less the same mission statement but with a team that can move books.
    I'm still mad the original team wasnt

T'challa
    Carol
    Strange
    Thor with no Hammer
    Adam
    Spectrum

That book actually has a chance to sell,

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm still mad the original team wasnt

T'challa
    Carol
    Strange
    Thor with no Hammer
    Adam
    Spectrum

That book actually has a chance to sell,
    If the idea was to create a team to solve problems non violently, Thor probably wasn't your guy.

Third plan a is usually to hit something hard. And his plan b is usually to hit it harder if plan a doesn't work.

If the idea was to create a team to solve problems non violently, Thor probably wasn't your guy.

Third plan a is usually to hit something hard. And his plan b is usually to hit it harder if plan a doesn't work.
    It was stupid of Ewing to make arguably the strongest super hero team at the time and try to make them nonviolent