Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It was stupid of Ewing to make arguably the strongest super hero team at the time and try to make them nonviolent
    I liked that part of it. It was what made it interesting up til Civil War II when Carol went crazy. Lol

It was stupid of Ewing to make arguably the strongest super hero team at the time and try to make them nonviolent
    Commercially it probably wasn't a good idea. But creatively, I actually liked that it was trying to do something different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa may have graduated off Avenger's B squads, saved from being saddled with the responsibility of trying to sell a book featuring D listers and "If we put her in enough books she might sell please god Brie Larson save this character" Carol

But, yeah, the title will come back just ot keep copyright eventually. Too good of a comic book name.

Only way I accept T'challa being saddled with D lister Adam AND someone like Voodoo is with he is given an assist by Thor to sell the book.
    Since when is Adam Brashear a D-lister?

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Commercially it probably wasn't a good idea. But creatively, I actually liked that it was trying to do something different.
    They tried to be the FF.. FF hasn't been doing that well itself.

They tried to be the FF.. FF hasn't been doing that well itself.
    Basically yeah. It wasn't trying to be the Avengers... at the time there were like 3 other Avengers teams anyways. With no FF it was sort of trying to fill that void.

I thought it was a well written book (like pretty much everything Ewing does honestly). But obviously it wasn't for everybody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Where the popcorn at?

LOL, who is Brashear? The doctor from Deep Space 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Since when is Adam Brashear a D-lister?
    Adam would probably rank a lot lower than just D.

But to the topic....T'Challa would be pretty cool in a setting where Space/Cosmic heroes dwell. Maybe on a new Annihilation team or something. I feel that he would do better on a team carving out a setting that is not as familiar with heroes from different franchises coming together.

Having T'Challa on a team with Silver Surfer, Manifold, Nova, Gladiator and so on could be interesting.... if nothing else a change of pace. Only thing is he is somewhat shackled to Wakanda so probably wouldn't work long term. Unless Earth Wakanda moves to "space" Wakanda Empire.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    LOL, who is Brashear? The doctor from Deep Space 9?
    Blue Marvel. Teamates with T'Challa on the Ultimates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Marvel

Blue Marvel. Teamates with T'Challa on the Ultimates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Marvel
    Thankyou XPac. To be honest, I have never heard of him. Must be a post-1990 character.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

But to the topic....T'Challa would be pretty cool in a setting where Space/Cosmic heroes dwell. Maybe on a new Annihilation team or something. I feel that he would do better on a team carving out a setting that is not as familiar with heroes from different franchises coming together.

Having T'Challa on a team with Silver Surfer, Manifold, Nova, Gladiator and so on could be interesting.... if nothing else a change of pace. Only thing is he is somewhat shackled to Wakanda so probably wouldn't work long term. Unless Earth Wakanda moves to "space" Wakanda Empire.
    I actually like this idea! T'Challa could easily make a space-panther-suit that would have more gadgets than Iron Mans. Not saying for a long run, but at least as a mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Thankyou XPac. To be honest, I have never heard of him. Must be a post-1990 character.
    Most people haven't heard of him. That's part of the reason why some are suggesting he's a D lister. He's cool though. I believe he debuted 2008.

Most people haven't heard of him. That's part of the reason why some are suggesting he's a D lister. He's cool though. I believe he debuted 2008.
    I think a lot of black heroes may be "cool", but in reality, no one, even Marvel, has been able to top the coolness of the original Black Panther! War Machine?, Falcon?, Luke?, all may be close, but no cigar!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

I was hoping during the second half of Ultimates, Galactus would give BP and Miss America a cosmic power up that they could use only when on mission for him or in space. Before Tchalla got his, Bast and Galactus would have a custody dispute. lol