Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I think a lot of black heroes may be "cool", but in reality, no one, even Marvel, has been able to top the coolness of the original Black Panther! War Machine?, Falcon?, Luke?, all may be close, but no cigar!
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'm not sure any black super hero is as cool as Black Panther. Storm and Luke Cage (IMO at least), are up there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was hoping during the second half of Ultimates, Galactus would give BP and Miss America a cosmic power up that they could use only when on mission for him or in space. Before Tchalla got his, Bast and Galactus would have a custody dispute. lol
    Anti-Man as a herald was cool though

Don't even get me started on MAC. Bast have mercy, Ewing self sabotages himself
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'm not sure any black super hero is as cool as Black Panther. Storm and Luke Cage (IMO at least), are up there though.
    In my old man eyes, Storm is cool, yes. I used to wish my ex-wife looked as hot as her! LOL
    Luke, is much cooler since they stopped calling him Power Man, shaved his head, and got rid of the yellow and blue costume (though I did like the chain link belt).

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anti-Man as a herald was cool though

Don't even get me started on MAC. Bast have mercy, Ewing self sabotages himself
    Mac was very unlikable in the series and more hyped up then she Actually was capable of. The minute Ewing claimed she could shut the team down and failed to do so on top of other things really killed a potential cool book

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Mac was very unlikable in the series and more hyped up then she Actually was capable of. The minute Ewing claimed she could shut the team down and failed to do so on top of other things really killed a potential cool book
    I don't think it's entirely fair to say she failed to shut down the team. She was doing pretty well fighting all the Ultimates, before the fight was interrupted by Thanos getting freed. Given they barely layed a finger on her, it's entirely possible she could have won the fight like Ewing implied she could. In fact given the author of the book had the opinon that she could have won, I'm inclined to take his word for it.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say she failed to shut down the team. She was doing pretty well fighting all the Ultimates, before the fight was interrupted by Thanos getting freed. Given they barely layed a finger on her, it's entirely possible she could have won the fight like Ewing implied she could. In fact given the author of the book had the opinon that she could have won, I'm inclined to take his word for it.
    What writer's say outside the book is moot if the book does show it. Coates said Wakanda was in disarray like it was in S1 because they were putting out a ton of fires around Wakanda so that is why they we're stretched thin.. yet the book mentioned non of that and he said it in a tweet.. so shown it on Panel or it's just talk

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What writer's say outside the book is moot if the book does show it. Coates said Wakanda was in disarray like it was in S1 because they were putting out a ton of fires around Wakanda so that is why they we're stretched thin.. yet the book mentioned non of that and he said it in a tweet.. so shown it on Panel or it's just talk
    In the least Mac I think it's more than far to say Mac was winning the fight. Against all the Ultimates at once, I'd say that was pretty darn impressive.

And World of Wakanda actually does go more in depth with the idea that Wakanda was stretched thin, for those that needed more on that. So it was more than just talk. We also saw a bit of that when the north was essentially being jacked while T'Challa's forces were dealing with the problems in the south. It's how the Doras got the following they did.

In the least Mac I think it's more than far to say Mac was winning the fight. Against all the Ultimates at once, I'd say that was pretty darn impressive.

And World of Wakanda actually does go more in depth with the idea that Wakanda was stretched thin, for those that needed more on that. So it was more than just talk. We also saw a bit of that when the north was essentially being jacked while T'Challa's forces were dealing with the problems in the south. It's how the Doras got the following they did.
    WoW doesn't do that. The "fires" were being ignored because "men". The Dora said they were enough to do it all. So if WK security was actually trying, there would be no problems.

WoW doesn't do that. The "fires" were being ignored because "men". The Dora said they were enough to do it all. So if WK security was actually trying, there would be no problems.
    Ignored might be too strong a word... they said the government was distracted. And the Doras ended up filliing that void by operating outside their usual parameters to serve the people of Wakanda rather than just the king. It would be the equivalent of the Secret Service deciding to go deal with street crime.

Ignored might be too strong a word... they said the government was distracted. And the Doras ended up filliing that void by operating outside their usual parameters to serve the people of Wakanda rather than just the king. It would be the equivalent of the Secret Service deciding to go deal with street crime.
    The said Tchalla was destracted. Remember the police officer who didn't care girls were missing and called the Dora royal whores.

Because "men".

The said Tchalla was destracted. Remember the police officer who didn't care girls were missing and called the Dora royal whores.

Because "men".
    The cop said he had no leads. So in the least that does imply that the Doras could do the job better than he could (which I suppose isn't that surprising).

But I do think the moral of the story is that the Doras are better served helping the people of Wakanda than playing body guard to a king that arguably doesn't need a body guard. So it all worked out in the end.

The cop said he had no leads. So in the least that does imply that the Doras could do the job better than he could (which I suppose isn't that surprising).

But I do think the moral of the story is that the Doras are better served helping the people of Wakanda than playing body guard to a king that arguably doesn't need a body guard. So it all worked out in the end.
    It led to a revolt that caused the deaths of "legions" off panel. I wouldn't call that working out.

When cops say they have no leads, it means they're not trying.
    Last edited by Cville; 06-15-2018 at 08:58 PM.

It led to a revolt that caused the deaths of "legions" off panel. I wouldn't call that working out.

When cops say they have no leads, it means they're not trying.
    I know enough police and law enforcement officers to know the second part of your statement is not always true.

As far as the earlier part... certainly the separation got far uglier than it needed to. But in the end we got something that frankly made sense. Really, the idea of the Doras being body guards was sort of silly, since they are almost never around when he's actually in a dangerous situation. For the most part he leaves them at home when he's doing his super hero stuff. Doom War was an exception and there are probably a few others... but for the most part they're ceremonial arm pieces.

Now they're free to help people that actually need the help. So yeah... in the end I think things worked out better.

I know enough police and law enforcement officers to know the second part of your statement is not always true.

As far as the earlier part... certainly the separation got far uglier than it needed to. But in the end we got something that frankly made sense. Really, the idea of the Doras being body guards was sort of silly, since they are almost never around when he's actually in a dangerous situation. For the most part he leaves them at home when he's doing his super hero stuff. Doom War was an exception and there are probably a few others... but for the most part they're ceremonial arm pieces.

Now they're free to help people that actually need the help. So yeah... in the end I think things worked out better.
    Who have to Dora helped since they separated? Couldn't beat the HZ. Got in bed with the type of people they claim to hate. Got talked down by Shuri. Failed to help QDJ. Couldn't beat the originators. Tchalla gives the armor and still need help.

When they were Dora, they stacked up wins.

Who have to Dora helped since they separated? Couldn't beat the HZ. Got in bed with the type of people they claim to hate. Got talked down by Shuri. Failed to help QDJ. Couldn't beat the originators. Tchalla gives the armor and still need help.

When they were Dora, they stacked up wins.
    Their entire movement was built around women they saved. They basically inhabited the Jabari land with victimized women. And in the second season, in the rare instances we see them (which isn't often) they're still acting as protectors of Wakanda. I'd argue in the little we've seen them, they're proving to be more active against larger threats than they have in the past.

When they were Doras they weren't stacking up losses because they barely did anything. Again, with a couple exceptions they typically stay out of the super hero side of T'Challa's live. In the second season of BP they're actually fighting on the front lines against legit super human threats.

And they're even getting their own book Wakanda Forever, teaming up with Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Avengers. Effectively they are evolving from red shirts into almost super heroes in their own right. Wouldn't quite say they are at that point yet.... but Wakanda Forever might get them there. We'll see.