Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Their entire movement was built around women they saved. They basically inhabited the Jabari land with victimized women. And in the second season, in the rare instances we see them (which isn't often) they're still acting as protectors of Wakanda. I'd argue in the little we've seen them, they're proving to be more active against larger threats than they have in the past.

When they were Doras they weren't stacking up losses because they barely did anything. Again, with a couple exceptions they typically stay out of the super hero side of T'Challa's live. In the second season of BP they're actually fighting on the front lines against legit super human threats.

And they're even getting their own book Wakanda Forever, teaming up with Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Avengers. Effectively they are evolving from red shirts into almost super heroes in their own right. Wouldn't quite say they are at that point yet.... but Wakanda Forever might get them there. We'll see.
    The reason they're getting a book is because of Danai Gurira. Who was doing the ceremonial arm piece job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Where the popcorn at?
    well I was waiting for somebody to start going in.

People must be on vacation.

Blue Marvel ain't A list, but we don't besmirch Adam around here. I know I'm on the record for not loving two aspects of his origin but outside of that he's great character. Kevin Grevioux set him up very nicely.

I'll give Mantis Dad a pass, he seems like good people, but the rest of you should know better.

Icon's in indefinite limbo. No one's using Val Zod anymore. Sun-Man has be kaput for years now. All the other knock off/alternate reality Superman are in limbo. Sunshine Superman, Venture, Mighty Man, Earth D Superman and Vor-Em are all awol

Blue Marvel is the last man standing, and his buds with T'Challa

so all Adam is saying is...

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The reason they're getting a book is because of Danai Gurira. Who was doing the ceremonial arm piece job.
    If they're getting an actual book, I'm presuming they're going to be more than ceremonial arm pieces. Which I think it is the point. They can do more than just act as body guards for a king that doesn't really need body guards. They can be heroes in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well I was waiting for somebody to start going in.

People must be on vacation.

Blue Marvel ain't A list, but we don't besmirch Adam around here. I know I'm on the record for not loving two aspects of his origin but outside of that he's great character. Kevin Grevioux set him up very nicely.

I'll give Mantis Dad a pass, he seems like good people, but the rest of you should know better.

Icon's in indefinite limbo. No one's using Val Zod anymore. Sun-Man has be kaput for years now. All the other knock off/alternate reality Superman are in limbo. Sunshine Superman, Venture, Mighty Man, Earth D Superman and Vor-Em are all awol

Blue Marvel is the last man standing, and his buds with T'Challa

so all Adam is saying is...

Calling him D list doesnt' necessarily mean he sucks (though it CAN mean that)… it can simply imply a lack of status, depending on the context. And I think in this context the D list reference merely mean he's likely not going to help sales.

His first mini was pretty cool, and do think Ewing actually did a very nice job handling the character in a team book. BM lucked out in that regard, as I think Ewing sort of took the character under his wing and developed him more. So I do think he's a character that is deserving of respect. He's just not one right now you can really argue will move the needle as far as selling books. But who knows... maybe some day that will change.

Blue Marvel is at least C list if not B list. How have his series sold? I imagine not too badly they keep putting him in books. His mini, Mighty Avengers, Ultimates and Civil War II blues whatever he's in now

Got a cool Marvel Future Fight character.

Beat down King Hyperion. Punched Sentry into space took on the heavy weight Avengers at the same time.

Blue Marvel is not D-Man or Aztek.
    The J-man

Blue Marvel is at least C list if not B list. How have his series sold? I imagine not too badly they keep putting him in books. His mini, Mighty Avengers, Ultimates and Civil War II blues whatever he's in now

Beat down King Hyperion. Punched Sentry into space took on the heavy weight Avengers at the same time.

Labels like this are subjective I suppose... but I'd personally say he's C list myself (which again isnt' an indicator I don't like him... it's purely an issue of status).

A listers are the cash cows with solo books, tv shows and movies. B listers are the guys who in the least regularly find themselves in comics without worrying about getting stuck in limbo.

But that's just my ranking system. Like I said, it can be subjective.

I think the only person fighting for BM at Marvel is Al Ewing

Well thank you Jabare; I try to be good people. Good people always!
    I would say for me, and others that have not followed newer comics in a while, that BM is a "U list" character (meaning Unknown). It sounds like he is a wonderful character, with a lot of potential, but for old time readers like me, who have just hopped back on board the comic train, the lack of presence of this character is not only the reason why we have not heard of him, and it is a shame and a waste of a good hero.
    The trouble I have with comics in general is not very many new characters are introduced that last the test of time. Look at all the amazing heroes that were introduced in the first 60 issues of the Fantastic Four. Not to say that new characters, like BM have not been introduced, but the current writers continue to plug the old heroes that were developed by Stan and Jack (and others), and they fear to tread where others don't follow.
    Give me a good writer and a decent artist, and heroes like BM would be the next best thing. Heck, in a different world, he may save the Avengers in IW part 2!

I know enough police and law enforcement officers to know the second part of your statement is not always true.

As far as the earlier part... certainly the separation got far uglier than it needed to. But in the end we got something that frankly made sense. Really, the idea of the Doras being body guards was sort of silly, since they are almost never around when he's actually in a dangerous situation. For the most part he leaves them at home when he's doing his super hero stuff. Doom War was an exception and there are probably a few others... but for the most part they're ceremonial arm pieces.

Now they're free to help people that actually need the help. So yeah... in the end I think things worked out better.
    Yeaaaaa.. except they only helped themselves. The minute Aneka and Ayo got in trouble they came running back to Tchalla wanting him to bail them out. There a self serving group masquerading as protectors of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was hoping during the second half of Ultimates, Galactus would give BP and Miss America a cosmic power up that they could use only when on mission for him or in space. Before Tchalla got his, Bast and Galactus would have a custody dispute. lol
    Don’t really feel T’Challa needs any upgrades. Him being the idea guy along with his physical enhancements and his suits should be enough for most threats. Might have to work a bit harder but thats what makes it interesting.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeaaaaa.. except they only helped themselves. The minute Aneka and Ayo got in trouble they came running back to Tchalla wanting him to bail them out. There a self serving group masquerading as protectors of Wakanda
    In the second season they have done nothing but act as protectors of Wakanda. They fought the Originators, then worked with T'Challa to try and help Queen Divine Justice. Neither of those things are self serving.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Don’t really feel T’Challa needs any upgrades. Him being the idea guy along with his physical enhancements and his suits should be enough for most threats. Might have to work a bit harder but thats what makes it interesting.
    Really being a smart tech guy is the only upgrade a character like T'Challa ever needs. When you're dealing with high end threats, it's usually the comic book smart guy that comes up with a plot device to beat them.

D list was being nice. Dude has never had a ongoing, has had only one mini, and only one writer since that mini that has had any desire to use him at all. Mighty and Ultimates were written by the same dude and CWII had like 2 billion heroes in it so that really isn't saying anything. I don't believe he has every been in a cartoon, shown up in merch (outside legends series action figures where everyone is on ethere), or video games other than one app game

Freaking Whiplash is in MFF. That really isn't saying anything lol. Especially considering how late of an addition BM and the rest of the Ultimates were to the game. They were an afterthought because MFF is running out of characters.

He is a cool character. I think he has potential, especially on the movie side. But, his body of work is in regards to sales is poop.

Being powerful =/= being "B List." It isn't a power list. It is generally used to gauge a characters popularity in some manner. And he ain't C list int he comics, is non existent in the movies, and is an afterthought in the one game he is in. Dude has no footprint outside comic readers and even then, no one generally cares about him (unfortunately).
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-16-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

In the second season they have done nothing but act as protectors of Wakanda. They fought the Originators, then worked with T'Challa to try and help Queen Divine Justice. Neither of those things are self serving.
    TBF, they only fought the originators in the Jabari lands I do believe.

They went to get QDJ because she is one of them.

And when asked to chill out by Ramonda after begging for the one man to help them, they went "we will just do it ourselves and die."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBF, they only fought the originators in the Jabari lands I do believe.

They went to get QDJ because she is one of them.

And when asked to chill out by Ramonda after begging for the one man to help them, they went "we will just do it ourselves and die."
    Honestly I don't consider risking their lives to help QDJ all that self serving. Sure she's a Dora, but that's still risking their butts to sabe someone they have very little ties to practically speaking. If they legitimately were self serving, they could have easily passed on that.

They are obviously being groomed as heroes .... It's why they are getting a book. Veey flawed heroes, but they and T'Challa are basically on the same page.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-16-2018 at 07:38 AM.