This had me cracking up in the theater:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

If they wanted to make the Dora their own heroes, then Coates should of had them exiled to New York where they could get a fresh start and build up a street crime reputation. In the Jabari lands, they'll still be in Tchallas shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, it failed lol.

Then, Okoye blew up, she is magically out of limbo/resurrected in the main book and magically headlining a mini series with the MA.

Pure coincidental I am sure.

Speaking of Okoye... we ever gonna get an explanation where the hell she has been for the last...... decade? Hudlin heavily implied she was killed on his forum but still... the fact she wasn't around during the Dora revolt is even more glaring now.
    Okoye should of been around as THE face of the Dora's. One of Hudlins mistakes was leaving the Dora's unnamed. She should of Been bestie's with Shuri

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    LOL, who is Brashear? The doctor from Deep Space 9?
    He's the Blue Marvel character created by Kevin Grievoux.

He was part of Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers/Ultimates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Most people haven't heard of him. That's part of the reason why some are suggesting he's a D lister. He's cool though. I believe he debuted 2008.
    Most people "haven't heard of him" because Marvel have a self perpetuating problem of building up new characters in a meaningful manner especially when said characters don't fit a WASP male archetype.

Describing any character as being "D-list" is disingenuous to say the least and idincative of a somewhat elitist mind state on the part of some readers.

Prior to Coates usage of the Adversary in the recent issues of the proxy Storm solo (masquerading as a BP book) I'd never heard of the character.

That hasn't led to me describing this character as being "D-list" regardless of the fact that he's previously been beaten by Boom-Boom and Iron boxes previously.

There are no bad characters.

Bad writers on the other hand.....
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 06-16-2018 at 01:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well I was waiting for somebody to start going in.

People must be on vacation.

Blue Marvel ain't A list, but we don't besmirch Adam around here. I know I'm on the record for not loving two aspects of his origin but outside of that he's great character. Kevin Grevioux set him up very nicely.

I'll give Mantis Dad a pass, he seems like good people, but the rest of you should know better.

Icon's in indefinite limbo. No one's using Val Zod anymore. Sun-Man has be kaput for years now. All the other knock off/alternate reality Superman are in limbo. Sunshine Superman, Venture, Mighty Man, Earth D Superman and Vor-Em are all awol

Blue Marvel is the last man standing, and his buds with T'Challa

so all Adam is saying is...

Mantis Dad is one of the coolest posters in this thread because he's totally honest with his opinions and genuinely interested in learning about the BP mythos with ZERO bias.

I agree with you 100% on Blue Marvel.

The potential that character has was totally squndared by Al Ewing's in The Ultimates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    D list was being nice. Dude has never had a ongoing, has had only one mini, and only one writer since that mini that has had any desire to use him at all. Mighty and Ultimates were written by the same dude and CWII had like 2 billion heroes in it so that really isn't saying anything. I don't believe he has every been in a cartoon, shown up in merch (outside legends series action figures where everyone is on ethere), or video games other than one app game

Freaking Whiplash is in MFF. That really isn't saying anything lol. Especially considering how late of an addition BM and the rest of the Ultimates were to the game. They were an afterthought because MFF is running out of characters.

He is a cool character. I think he has potential, especially on the movie side. But, his body of work is in regards to sales is poop.

Being powerful =/= being "B List." It isn't a power list. It is generally used to gauge a characters popularity in some manner. And he ain't C list int he comics, is non existent in the movies, and is an afterthought in the one game he is in. Dude has no footprint outside comic readers and even then, no one generally cares about him (unfortunately).
    None of which makes him D-list.

You might as well call T'challa D-list too just off of the crap way Coates has written him over the past few years.

That however would be an uninformed perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Mantis Dad is one of the coolest posters in this thread because he's totally honest with his opinions and genuinely interested in learning about the BP mythos with ZERO bias.

I agree with you 100% on Blue Marvel.

The potential that character has was totally squndared by Al Ewing's in The Ultimates.
    Mr. MajestiK,
    Would you feel me less a man if I admit reading this put a lump in my throat?
    Thank you for the kind words, it makes me wish I spent more time here when my eldest DD was around.

After finally finishing all 5000+ pages of this thread I truly think you and the Flex person are like the God Fathers of this thread /no offense to the other wonderful fine young gentlemen and gentleladies/, I look forward to your posts and his. You are both like EF Hutton!

Incredible Member

If BP holds well this weekend, it will be <400K from becoming the 3rd movie all time to reach $700 million domestic.

Now it all depends on Disney when they decide to pull the movie if it will hit that landmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    If BP holds well this weekend, it will be <400K from becoming the 3rd movie all time to reach $700 million domestic.

Now it all depends on Disney when they decide to pull the movie if it will hit that landmark.
    Its hard to say how long it can maintain, it would really just be easier if Disney did a little push to get it over

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post

It's not entirely up to Disney how long it stays in theaters. That's sort of up to the theaters.

That said, if Disney really wanted it to hit the landmark, it probably should have deleyed releasing the BP movie on DVD/Blue Ray. A lot of people are less likely to see the movie in theaters again if they own a copy.

Invincible Member

Alex Ross talking about Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Thank you for posting that Ed. It really hit home.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Mr. MajestiK,
    Would you feel me less a man if I admit reading this put a lump in my throat?
    Thank you for the kind words, it makes me wish I spent more time here when my eldest DD was around.

After finally finishing all 5000+ pages of this thread I truly think you and the Flex person are like the God Fathers of this thread /no offense to the other wonderful fine young gentlemen and gentleladies/, I look forward to your posts and his. You are both like EF Hutton!
    Aw shucks,.

I'm feeling all bashful now.

Mantis was one of the coolest posters to grace this (and the Namor) thread and she always used to talk about how you introduced her to the wonderful world of mainstream comic books.

It goes without saying that it's a real honor to have you amongst us here.

Flex-Hectic hasn't posted in awhile but when he does, it's usually a riot of laffs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

This was awesome.

Thanks for posting this Ed.