Page 502 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 240245249249849950050150250350450550651255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I would think that's why so many new bad guys don't stick around in a lot of cases. They don't have the same feel as some of the older villains. One reason I'm guessing that so many top tier villains become anti heroes is because of the fact that fans of them want them winning rather then losing, so they have to adjust to that. Honestly I wouldn't mind it if Marvel let a bad guy win for once, even though they would eventually get over thrown. It might be fun seeing how the heroes deal with that sort of situation.
    Wasn't Dark Reign win the bad guys won?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Fellow BP fans, please vote for BP here: http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-1

And if it's not too much to ask, please vote for Storm too. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Fellow BP fans, please vote for BP here: http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-1

And if it's not too much to ask, please vote for Storm too. Thank you in advance.
    Done. I'm mad they put Black Panther up against Beast. That's my favorite character against my second favorite (who was my favorite throughout my childhood). Made that vote harder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Done. I'm mad they put Black Panther up against Beast. That's my favorite character against my second favorite (who was my favorite throughout my childhood). Made that vote harder.
    Thanks a lot.

Yeah. It sure is hard when you have to choose between your favorite and your second favorite. But you've made the right choice of choosing your most favorite so he can move to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Exactly! It's like having Reed to tell Sue not to help out in FF, makes no sense. You have a woman that could whip up storms, bring down lighting, so much stuff and is a strong leader in her own right. It's a shame that writers can't, or won't, build on that idea. I'd love to have seen T'challa use some of Wakanda's tech to help out the X-men and vice versa. Also I would have thought that they would, if written better, a more real discussion regarding the whole AvX situation rather then the whole fight that occurred between them. (Did they break them up so Storm could go out with Logan?)
    Funny thing is that the two writers who had T'Challa get angry at Storm for interfering (which I thought was BS and actually did bother me) were Hudlin and Liss, two guys who apart from that wrote the couple pretty well.

As far as why they were broken up... we might never know. I personally think it was probably a variety of things. I think it was probably logistically more difficult to handle a couple in 2 different franchise, especially if one or both didn't necessarily want to utilize the marriage at the time. I think both ending up on different ends of the movie side of things made it a potential issue since Storm in the Fox movies and T'Challa in the marvel movies might end up with seperate love interests. And I think marvel might have notices the marriage to a degree was actually causing a divide in the fan bases between the X-Men and Black Panther rather than bringing them together (though I'm not entirely sure why they'd expect Wild Kingdom, the story arc which started the whole thing, would bring them together).

It is also possible that some writers wanted to pair Logan and Storm. I think there was a sort of sexual tension there which Claremont teased back in the day (they kissed once or twice) but was never followed up on. Maybe they wanted to explore that.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wasn't Dark Reign win the bad guys won?
    Yeah. I think Fall of the Hulks was a sort of "Bad Guys Win" sort of event too. And that IMO helped establish the Intelligencia as being credible threats... pity they weren't really used a whole lot since then.

I think marvel just needs to do more events like that once in awhile, just to remind readers that these guys are credible threats who should be feared, even if they do end up losing 99.99% of the time. Having the good guys get their behinds handed to them won't hurt too much, because we know the good guys will still win in the end anyways.

Yeah, but the good guys losing should be the ones that can take a loss. Like Spidey, or the X-Men, or the top Avengers, or even some of the younger teams.

Not the ones they should be building up into brands, like Guardians, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, and BP.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

Aw hell...lol
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yeah, but the good guys losing should be the ones that can take a loss. Like Spidey, or the X-Men, or the top Avengers, or even some of the younger teams.

Not the ones they should be building up into brands, like Guardians, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, and BP.
    To me any hero can take the loss, because they're going to win in the end anyways. It doesn't matter if you lose the first 3 quarters in football so long as score enough points in the 4th to win the whole game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To me any hero can take the loss, because they're going to win in the end anyways. It doesn't matter if you lose the first 3 quarters in football so long as score enough points in the 4th to win the whole game.
    And when has this happened for T'Challa post AvX?

I have a feeling Wakanda will be involved with Egyptia in some shape or form since they are connected to the mythology. If the 2,000 Wakandans showed their physical might against them I think it would be pretty cool.

Then you aren't paying attention. BP hasn't had a truly notable win since the Skrulls. And this is a character they are making a movie for. Don't you think there's a disconnect when the movie character is awesome, but the comic character is useless?

Marvel notices it; Ant-Man has a comic, Guardians has multiple comics. Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man have been in the forefront of multiple events. The only one where it didn't really matter was Big Hero 6 because Disney all but completely ignored the source material (for good reason).

If Marvel wants Strange, Carol, and T'Challa to have a chance in theaters, the push needs to start before the movies. And in T'Challa's case, before Civil War.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Then you aren't paying attention. BP hasn't had a truly notable win since the Skrulls. And this is a character they are making a movie for. Don't you think there's a disconnect when the movie character is awesome, but the comic character is useless?

Marvel notices it; Ant-Man has a comic, Guardians has multiple comics. Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man have been in the forefront of multiple events. The only one where it didn't really matter was Big Hero 6 because Disney all but completely ignored the source material (for good reason).

If Marvel wants Strange, Carol, and T'Challa to have a chance in theaters, the push needs to start before the movies. And in T'Challa's case, before Civil War.
    I disagree that he's useless. For all the complaints about Doom War, T'Challa did end up stopping Doom. Doom tried taking over the world, and he failed. T'Challa won. He didn't kill Doom but that wasn't the point. The point was to prevent him from gaining the power to control the world and he suceeded.

And T'Challa had plenty of victories in Liss Man Without Fear book. I'm not sure what you consider "truelly notable" but in the end he saved the day and beat the guy.

I disagree that he's useless. For all the complaints about Doom War, T'Challa did end up stopping Doom. Doom tried taking over the world, and he failed. T'Challa won. He didn't kill Doom but that wasn't the point. The point was to prevent him from gaining the power to control the world and he suceeded.

And T'Challa had plenty of victories in Liss Man Without Fear book. I'm not sure what you consider "truelly notable" but in the end he saved the day and beat the guy.
    Definitive wins. Feat worthy wins. Wins that you can show kids or casual readers and say, "this is why T'Challa is awesome".

He hasn't had one of those since the Skrulls.

Definitive wins. Feat worthy wins. Wins that you can show kids or casual readers and say, "this is why T'Challa is awesome".

He hasn't had one of those since the Skrulls.
    I thought he had a couple is Liss' book. The stuff with Kingpin for example was pretty good.