Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    It's a dayum shame that a great movie like "Superfly" is about $1,334,791,521 shy of blowing Black Panther out of the cinema record books!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superfly.htm

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now I believe I see why no one wanted to post scans of how tchalla defeated Mephisto. lololol

black panther issue 3-4 (1998)

Tchalla goes to Mephistos realm and was able to defeat him by allowing mephisto to take his soul, which so happened to be tethered to all the noble souls of his ancestor (mephisto doesnt know this however because he cant read minds unless he is invited). Mephisto couldn't handle all those souls and begged tchalla to release him of his debt of acquiring his soul.

So even here, Tchalla needed help via his ancestors souls to defeat Mephisto. this is cool showing for bo and the ancestors. now my question is how was how he won against mephisto here would allow him to beat adversary????
    He wouldn't need his ancestors to defeat Advesary. A metal box would do just fine.

Also notice he didn't need to channel the power to someone else for it to be effective.
    Last edited by Cville; 06-21-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He wouldn't need his ancestors to defeat Advesary. A metal box would do just fine.
    yup that's what I thought lololol. thanks for playing.

so now this is the perfect example of what I figured. posters are saying coates could have done.a, b, c things because of what he did against logos, or mephisto but when you actually break the stories down tchalla wouldnt have been able to replicate this in any meaningful way that could defeat or even contain adversary.

for tchalla to have actually won this against adversary on his own he would have needed to somehow trick him to possess tchalla so that he could replicate what dr nemesis did or some how transfer his essence to a astral plane where he could attempt to fight him with his ancestors or tiger god. seeing as though adversary was in the human realm I'm not sure how he would make any of that happen.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-21-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yup that's what I thought lololol. thanks for playing.

so now this is the perfect example of what I figured. posters are saying coates could have done.a, b, c things because of what he did against logos, or mephisto but when you actually break the stories down tchalla wouldnt have been able to replicate this in any meaningful way that could defeat or even contain adversary.
    Don't blame us because Coates picked villian who has any easy weakness

Don't blame us because Coates picked villian who has any easy weakness
    a weakness that would only make him mad. and I'm not blaming u. saying a metal box would defeat him is silly and you know this. I just find it so funny that people have taken me to task for not reading these stories but when I actually do the stories very little to support tchalla beating a character like adversary. lolol

also all demons have a weakness against metal in the mu. this would include mephisto
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-21-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

a weakness that would only make him mad. and I'm not mad I just find it so funny that people have taken me to task for not reading these stories but when I actually do the stories very little to support tchalla beating a character like adversary. lolol
    A weakness that keeps him from escaping. As seen in X factor.

By Coates writing, Tchalla would have had to give the souls to Storm first and let her use the power to defeat him. The scan shows that Tchalla is a conduit for power himself.

Using that scan plus his KoD powers would have been a good chance to break out his Golden City Smash.
    Last edited by Cville; 06-22-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Mighty Member

now I believe I see why no one wanted to post scans of how tchalla defeated Mephisto. lololol

black panther issue 3-4 (1998)

Tchalla goes to Mephistos realm and was able to defeat him by allowing mephisto to take his soul, which so happened to be tethered to all the noble souls of his ancestor (mephisto doesnt know this however because he cant read minds unless he is invited). Mephisto couldn't handle all those souls and begged tchalla to release him of his debt of acquiring his soul.

So even here, Tchalla needed help via his ancestors souls to defeat Mephisto. this is cool showing for bo and the ancestors. now my question is how was how he won against mephisto here would allow him to beat adversary????
    You keep going to canon instead of possible canon as if you can only do feats with canon. Besides which, interrupted Mephisto power long enough to bargain, shut down omega level mutant Magneto, shut down Storm, sucked the power out of (an agreeable) Silver Surfer and transferred power to someone else, defeated tiger god. None of this was canon before it happened. The writer just wrote it and it bacwme canon. Storm wasn't canon until she was conceived and put on page. Wakanda can defeat Adversary w/o outside help, it just has to be put on page.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

A weakness that keeps him from escaping. As seen in X factor.

By Coates writing, Tchalla would have had to give the souls to Storm first and let her use the power to defeat him. The scan shows that Tchalla is a conduit for power himself.

Using that scan plus his KoD powers would have been a good chance to break out his Golden City Smash.

again metal is a weakness against all magic and demons in marvel. additionally, metal is a temporary solution as coates explained. dont u think if a metal box was the solution forge whose ability is to make anything would have done so years ago? it only slows him down it is not a permanent solution.

Mighty Member

a weakness that would only make him mad. and I'm not blaming u. saying a metal box would defeat him is silly and you know this. I just find it so funny that people have taken me to task for not reading these stories but when I actually do the stories very little to support tchalla beating a character like adversary. lolol

also all demons have a weakness against metal in the mu. this would include mephisto
    Trick Adversary into a shadow physics net that teleported his ass home. Easy peasy. Or is Adversary immune to trickery and teleportation?

metal is a temporary solution as coates explained. dont u think if a metal box was the solution forge whose ability is to make anything would have done so years ago? it only slows him down it is not a permanent solution.
    When you need Boom Boom to blow a whole in the wall so you can leave, it's as good a comic solution as Arkham Asylum. Villians will escape or resurrect anyway. I'm sure when the next Marvel writer wants to use Advesary, they'll find a way to get him out of wherever he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You keep going to canon instead of possible canon as if you can only do feats with canon. Besides which, interrupted Mephisto power long enough to bargain, shut down omega level mutant Magneto, shut down Storm, sucked the power out of (an agreeable) Silver Surfer and transferred power to someone else, defeated tiger god. None of this was canon before it happened. The writer just wrote it and it bacwme canon. Storm wasn't canon until she was conceived and put on page. Wakanda can defeat Adversary w/o outside help, it just has to be put on page.
    you can only use feats in canon to establish the baseline of what a character could do. you cant assert things without any evidence from canon to support your theories. magneto is not an omega level mutant, tchalla beat mephisto by overwhelming him with his ancestors' souls, silver surfer is not a universal threat nor a divine creature, and tiger god and tchslla beating him is the best example of him being capable of winning against adversary, but it wasnt shown how he beat him so you cant say because he beat him he could do the same to adversary. I think with shadow physics and being king of the dead he can do awesome stuff, but to defeat adversary a character who captured roma, I'm sorry tchalla just doesnt compare with that. unless you introduce pis.

as I stated before you can have him win against adversary but based upon his past showings there would need to be context and he would need help to beat a character on his level. the fact he had storm here to help him I'm not seeing the issue especially considering he was aided in his higher end feats.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-22-2018 at 01:45 AM.

When you need Boom Boom to blow a whole in the wall so you can leave, it's as good a comic solution as Arkham Asylum. Villians will escape or resurrect anyway. I'm sure when the next Marvel writer wants to use Advesary, they'll find a way to get him out of wherever he is now.
    any magical creature would have base upon that story. furthermore in all.seeiousness if he wanted to leave he could have teleported he transferred to the center of the universe where he defeated roma. he stayed there because he was playing as even forge told her he was playing possum.

any magical creature would have base upon that story. furthermore in all.seeiousness if he wanted to leave he could have teleported he transferred to the center of the universe where he defeated roma. he stayed there because he was playing as even forge told her he was playing possum.
    He was playing possum so she would keep fighting him to destroy the building.

He was playing possum so she would keep fighting him to destroy the building.
    and again for a being who can teleport to the center of the universe does that make any sense? that he wouldnt be able to escape a building?

teleporting again:

again as coates explained the best tchalla could do is slow him down with metal. nevertheless, as with logos and mephisto tchalla would need supernatural help to defeat adversary.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-22-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Mighty Member

you can only use feats in canon to establish the baseline of what a character could do. you cant assert things without any evidence from canon to support your theories. magneto is not an omega level mutant, tchalla beat mephisto by overwhelming him with his ancestors' souls, silver surfer is not a universal threat nor a divine creature, and tiger god and tchslla beating him is the best example of him being capable of winning against adversary, but it wasnt shown how he beat him so you cant say because he beat him he could do the same to adversary. I think with shadow physics and being king of the dead he can do awesome stuff, but to defeat adversary a character who captured roma, I'm sorry tchalla just doesnt compare with that. unless you introduce pis.

as I stated before you can have him win against adversary but based upon his past showings there would need to be context and he would need help to beat a character on his level. the fact he had storm here to help him I'm not seeing the issue especially considering he was aided in his higher end feats.
    That seems to be what you fail to see. Shadow physics could have been explored further, adding a feat to T'Challa or Wakanda. You get to brag now that Storm is a god now because Coates put the tease on paper, correct. But before that it's only been insinuated she was a goddess. Coates could have added a believable scenario using the guile of BP to trick him into a teleportation loop with shadow physics long enough to get Adversary out of town. Or do you think shadow physics has no good reason to be explored as a viable avenue to persuit for a narrative?